shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got my lavender spinel from Dana!

kt

Shiny_Rock
My first asscher cut and I absolutely love it - the facets and sparkle are just amazing. It's a very cool color - lavender/purply silver grey, and a perfect size for me - 7.2mm.

i'm thinking of setting it by DanielM in argentium, split shank with claw prongs, maybe with milgraining on the shank. I was originally thinking of bezeling it, but with the sparkle and everything I think I want a more open setting....

lavender spinel 1.jpg

lavender spinel 2.jpg

lavender spinel 3.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is lovely indeed. :)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh boy! That's wonderful!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad you like it. Looks pretty!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Very nice. I'm a huge fan of lavender stones- I always see them too late though! I can't wait to see it set!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's an eye-catcher. Very pretty!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting color and cut. Does it have this metallic grey sheen? (I once saw a totally grey very saturated spinel and it was amazingly pretty, looked like a silk dress).

kt

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! This is my first purchase from Dana and I have to say it was awesome and seamless...he even gave me a cool blue-green tourmaline whose color I would love to have in a silk blouse!

Crasru, I don't know if I could describe it as having a metallic sheen, but with the facet pattern and the way it reflects light it certainly doesn't look like anything i've ever seen, and the color is an interesting blend going from more soft lavender to a steely lavender to a silver grey. I'm afraid of bezeling it because it might lose some of that interesting colorplay, which is also part of the reason why I want to just prong set it....

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And you are right. I hate bezeling spinels in general because all of them, to a degree, shift colors in different lights. Except for extremely desaturated spinels, which, alas, I also have.

(About Dana's gifts, I once bought a stone from Dana and got a gift, and now I can not understand which one is the stone and which one is the gift. The stone was dark-blue tourmaline, the gift a sapphire. They are so similar in color, I can not tell them apart.)

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Its very pretty! I'd love to see more pics!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A prong setting will do justice to this steely spinel; spinels should be allowed to show off their incredibly sparkle and luster.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results