shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got my diamond!

tampabull

Rough_Rock
Thanks PS for all of the helpful advice. I feel like a diamond expert compared to what I knew when I started looking two and a half weeks ago. I found the stone that was exactly what I was looking for, a beautiful GIA XXX 1.53 I/SI1 that's completely eye clean and looks amazing!

Now it's off to the jeweler to pick a setting, and then figure out how to pop the question!

Thanks again for all of the advice & opinions over the last few weeks. The information I found on this site / forum gave me the confidence I needed to make such a big decision!

Here it is in a temporary setting from JA:

photo_79.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, it looks super nice and sparkly!! H/I SI1 is my fave combination for value.

How do you think you'll set it?

tampabull

Rough_Rock
I want a solitaire, trying to make my final decision on WG/Plat but I think I'm going to go with WG. I like 6 prong, but also need to make sure it's suited right for the wedding band she wants (a 7-stone shared-setting with 8 or 10 pointers, like the one from Tiffany & Co.).

I've got an appointment with my local jeweler today, so I think I'll have the E-ring wrapped up and ordered today, then hopefully set by the end of next week, and then to figure out a proposal!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh do come back with pics of this beauty, set!

cheers--Sharon

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
:love: what a beautiful rock!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great! Post more pics when it gets mounted (and when you get it on her finger)!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Great job! Just curious why you didn't go with JA for the solitaire since it's so much easier to have them set the diamond?

tampabull

Rough_Rock
After buying the diamond online I found out that my family uses a very good jeweler in my home city, so rather than try to make a setting decision online I just took delivery of the diamond but went and picked the setting in person. We'll be buying the wedding band from them, and that way I can go back to them for service/cleaning in the future.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a beautiful stone! Please post pics after you have it set.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results