shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got my dander up a bit.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was watching the Jewellery Channel here in the UK and the presenter was really annoying me. Its a drop auction channel and they will say anything to try to get people to buy their stuff.

He was trying to sell a Diamond bracelet. It was made up of about 20 .10ct RB stones. It was a G colour SI1 clarity. When he was talking about it he was saying things like ''this is totally eye flawless, I tell you that no jeweller will find a single carbon, feather or any other type of inclusion in these perfect diamonds'' and '' everyone knows that the only way you can guarantee to have maximum sparkle is to have a high colour diamond with no visible inclusions''.....

I haven''t been here long but I am sure I read that the best way to have maximum sparkle is to have a really well cut diamond? I am pretty sure I have read about PS members having J colour and SI1 diamonds which sparkle hugely!! I hope this is the case as i have just sent a really snotty email lol.....

Nothing worse than someone with a little bit of knowledge thinking they know everything so I hope I am right in thinking he was talking rubbish!!
9.gif

Maisie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
low color and large inclusions can black light return to some extent but cut is the biggest factor all else being equal.

The difference from a D to J isn''t enough to hardly measure much less see but say a D to a Z same cut and clarity there would be a difference and from D to a deep brown an even bigger difference.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear - maybe I shouldn''t have said anything.

He was just annoying me with the eye flawless comments more than anything. I really think that is misleading. Telling customers that an SI1 diamond has no inclusions visible to an appraiser is wrong isn''t it?

Maisie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 4:23:18 PM
Author: Maisiebelle
Oh dear - maybe I shouldn''t have said anything.

He was just annoying me with the eye flawless comments more than anything. I really think that is misleading. Telling customers that an SI1 diamond has no inclusions visible to an appraiser is wrong isn''t it?

Maisie
Not really there are eye clean si1 stones even to a trained eye face up.
Not every si1 is but some are.
From the side and or with a loupe the appraiser would see it.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t object so much if he said ''eye clean'' but he doesn''t. He says eye flawless. He keeps flashing the chart which shows the clarity scale and people will see the ''IF'' part and think oooh its the highest clarity grade.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like its borderline fraud which is pretty typical of those types of shows they have lawyers go over the script and get as close to the edge as they can.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
At one point we were going to buy my ring from that channel. Since I found PS thats no longer the case. I feel that I am learning (albeit slowly) and hopefully in a few months will know enough to buy a decent diamond from a PS Vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results