shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got home, we were robbed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, that is awful awful; I am so sorry. Sending you a huge hug. Thank goodness the cats are safe. Just awful; I hope they catch them.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Oh, honey, I''m so, so sorry to hear about this. Thank goodness you, John, and the precious kitties are OK! There have been two break-ins on my street recently and I''m so glad I have noisy dogs.

((( Gypsy )))

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so horrible to hear. I hope the police are able to help. Thank goodness the cats are ok and that you guys were not home!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Aww Gypsy dear, I am so sorry!!!! I know that nothing can replace the sentimental value of that jewelry, but try to take comfort in the fact that you are all ok. I hope some of the insurance covers it. HUGS

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
How awful, thank goodness you are all OK. It's just so violating.
38.gif
It's so sad that you lost so many heirlooms. At least you are moving soon and won't have to live in a place you know to be insecure.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy~ I haven''t read the whole thread yet but I wanted to reply as soon as I saw the title. I''m so sorry this happened to you. We were robbed a few years ago and it''s such an overwhelming feeling of being defiled. I''m so glad you weren''t home when it happened. But, I know how it can still be so disgusting a violation at the same time.

Big hugs for you!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Of course I am glad everyone is ok, but how terrible that this happened to you and DH! Hang in there, maybe they will be able to track some of it down.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - how terrible!!!! I feel for you. I''m just very glad that your all ok, and the cats too! Sending many hugs your way!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Gypsy, I''m so sorry this happened! I''m so angry for you
29.gif
. As Freke said, what a violation of privacy! ((((((BIG HUGS))))) Thankfully, you and John and the cats are all safe! Please keep us posted.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOSH, Layla!!!!! I hadn''t seen this post until this morning!!! I''m so incredibly sorry, but so happy you and John and the kitties are ok. Big hugs going out to you guys!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Gyp, that is so horrible. I am very glad you two and the cats of course are okay. I really hope those jerks (I''m refraining from the expletives that I''d like to write) that robbed you get what''s coming to them. People can be so disgusting. I am sorry that so much of what has been taken has sentimental and irreplaceable value. The renter''s insurance should cover some of it though. Kinda creepy that they knew where to look. Glad you''re moving....

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
OMG. I''m so sorry! What a horrible, invasive feeling that must be.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
This breaks my heart, I just saw this post. Gypsy I am so sorry for you.
Like the other posters said, check the pawn shops quickly.
I''m sure the police have told you that.

A friend of mine who was robbed had pictures of every peice of jewelry she owned.
It was so, so helpful when she made the weekly rounds to the pawn shops looking.

Gypsy, I know this doesn''t help, but at least you are safe and were not home.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Oh man Gypsy, Im so sorry!!! Thank God you''re all safe though...

Damn, what a violation...makes me so angry! Those a$$h@le$ took things with not only monetary value but sentimental (thats what really gets me!).

My hope is that you''ll recover a substantial part of it, if not all, with your renter''s coverage.

My thoughts are with you honey
38.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I''m so sad and angry to hear this happened to you. Like others have said, thank goodness your family is safe...and I hope those precious pieces can be recovered!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, i''m so sorry to hear this awful news.

I''m glad to know that John and the kitties are OK.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry this happened. As everyone else said, the main thing is that you and the cats are OK.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 7:38:58 AM
Author: beau13
Sorry to hear about what happened.
Unfortunately, this is the time of year for breakins, (not only homes, but cars). I seen a woman go to the mall parking lot to put an X-box and other Christmas gifts she purchased in her car, then return to the mall to do more shopping. When she came out, her car window was smashed, gifts were all gone! Be VERY careful about ''advertising'' what you got in your car (or home). Some people are desperate for gifts and cash for the holiday season, and will do anything to get it! Did you recently get married Gypsy? I know some people read ''wedding announcemnts'' or just know when someone is getting married, or just newlywed. That house is a target, theives know it''s loaded with cash/gifts/jewelry. I know myself..anything valuable is locked in a home safe, which is bolted to the walll..and in the event of a break in..no theif is getting their hands on what''s inside. My diamond e-ring and diamond band are on my finger at all times! I don''t blame you for feeling unsafe and violated..it must be a traumatic event to live through! Hope most of your sentimental valuables are recovered..there IS hope!

Wow... I''m so sorry this happened to you. I''m glad to hear that besides the shock, everyone is physically okay. Beau is right though. You may have been targetted because you had just gotten married. If I also read correctly, I''m glad you''re moving. I''d never feel comfortable again either. Feel better.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear! That is terrible! I''m sorry you''re going through this. Thank goodness everyone is safe and you are moving soon. Hugs.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
That is horrible.
38.gif
I am so sorry that this happened. I am so grateful that you guys and your dear kitties are OK. Your poor little kitties to have gone through that.

In addition to checking pawn shops-you might want to check eBay as well-I have heard many pawn shops sell on eBay also.

Sending hugs your way to get through this rotten and stressful ordeal.

Mrs.2Artists

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
that stinks :{
glad everyone and the cats are ok.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Gypsy...

Sorry to hear about your loss... :(

Glad to hear that you are moving and that you and your family are safe!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Gypsy, I can''t begin to tell you, how sorry I am for you and John. I agree with Tacori, go to the Pawn shops.
My heart just breaks for you honey.

Love,Linda

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh gosh gypsy i''m sorry
39.gif
. i''m so glad you and John and the cats are safe though.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about this, Gypsy. Apparently it''s going around--two people at work were broken into this week too and lost tons of valuables. Glad you and your family are safe.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh Gypsy
7.gif
how thoroughly awful. I''m so, so sorry for the loss of such sentimental pieces--the things that truly can''t be replaced, that is the tragic stuff.

Thank GOODNESS the kitties are all okay (though shaken). And that you two didn''t come home during the robbery--who knows what could''ve happened if you had.

Please keep us updated. I''m so so sad for you.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

I`m very sorry this has happened to you. Most importantly nobody got hurt and you`re moving to a new place to make new memories.

Hugs and kisses.

clop

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear Gypsy. I''m glad your family & cats are ok. Hopefully between the two insurance policies, something will be covered, or pieces recovered somehow.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/13/2008 7:38:58 AM
Author: beau13
Sorry to hear about what happened.
Unfortunately, this is the time of year for breakins, (not only homes, but cars). I seen a woman go to the mall parking lot to put an X-box and other Christmas gifts she purchased in her car, then return to the mall to do more shopping. When she came out, her car window was smashed, gifts were all gone! Be VERY careful about ''advertising'' what you got in your car (or home). Some people are desperate for gifts and cash for the holiday season, and will do anything to get it! Did you recently get married Gypsy? I know some people read ''wedding announcemnts'' or just know when someone is getting married, or just newlywed. That house is a target, theives know it''s loaded with cash/gifts/jewelry. I know myself..anything valuable is locked in a home safe, which is bolted to the walll..and in the event of a break in..no theif is getting their hands on what''s inside. My diamond e-ring and diamond band are on my finger at all times! I don''t blame you for feeling unsafe and violated..it must be a traumatic event to live through! Hope most of your sentimental valuables are recovered..there IS hope!
Good advice beau13...

Firstly, Gypsy, I am sorry you experienced such a crime, but am happy to hear you guy''s a OK..., and the damage is "only" materialistic.

I want to take this opportunity to remind all PS''ers of the fact that this is an world wide open forum!
We chat here on very valuable objects and subjects..., Diamond and other gemstone Jewelry!!!!!

Please..., you (PS''ers) must remember to keep information to a minimum for your own safety..., we have no knowledge of everyone who read these threads...

We must keep our information confidential and safe from danger!
When PS''ers plan GTG''s..., please do it in a wise fashion..., keep exact meeting points off these boards!

I am not attempting to panic anyone (not my intentions
1.gif
)..., but I have been in this industry for many years and am used to keeping a low profile!
Please think ahead before writing sensitive personal information on these boards...

Lets all try keeping PS a safe place to communicate...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I am so very sorry that this happened to you...it is so awful. I am glad that you are ok and that your cats are all ok, but I am just so heartbroken for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results