shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got home, we were robbed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They got a majority of my jewelry. None of my diamonds. But... the wedding jewelry I recieved is all gone. Never even got a chance to post it. Waiting for cops. Shocked, shocked, shocked. Just... needed to tell someone. Want to scream. John''s here. We''re fine. Cats are all fine. THANK GOD. THANK GOD. THANK GOD.

I will give details later. Just needed a place to scream.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Gypsy!!!! I''m so sorry!!!!!!!!!
I''m glad you and your husband and cats are okay! (((HUGS)))

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
32.gif
38.gif
39.gif
29.gif

I''m glad you''re safe...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you, and I hope everything goes well with the police. Just try to see that you are very lucky that you and your family are safe. Everything will work out.

*Hugs*

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I'm so sorry! That's terrible!!!

FI's parents' home have been broken into twice; it's a horrible violation.

Glad to hear you, your husband, and your cats are ok.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God!
32.gif
((HUGS)) I am so sorry hun!
7.gif
I am so glad you''re okay!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that is horrible. I am glad that everyone is ok though.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes!!! You can scream all you like. I want to scream for you. Thank god you guys are ok, and the cats are safe. How did they get in?? I know you are frazzled, we are here to help you through this. Do you have an alarm system? I hope the cops get these creeps. I am sorry your wedding jewelry was stolen. Makes me cry for you. Go through the house and take inventory of everything, take pics.
Deep breaths, it's going to be OK. Sending you a HUGE hug. So sorry....
14.gif
15.gif
39.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy: I''m so sorry. I''m glad you and the cats are OK.

Let us know more when you''ve had a chance to process it all and get over the shock.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, I am so sorry this has happened to you. How awful. I hope the police are able to do something. You and your husband and kitties will be in my thoughts! Good luck.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad you and kitties are ok. SCREAM here anytime day or night.

movie zombie

That irks me sooo much! Stupid people trying to make a quick buck (or few) and cant get a real damn job. Grrr
29.gif

But thankfully everyone was ok..

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Gypsy! That''s awful! It is such a violation of privacy but I am so glad the kitties are all ok.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh no Gypsy,sorry to hear this news.
7.gif
i know how you feel. we were robbed at gun point 13 yrs ago. me and my two little daughters were tie up for 1.5 hrs inside our house with duct tape over our mouths.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys. So much.

Cops came and left. The robbers were specifically after my jewelry and knew where to look for it, or at least it looks that way.

Came in through the bathroom window we left cracked for Lucy (it's a small window), the foster cat. Shower curtain was broken, things were off. I went into the bedroom, it was tossed and one of my jewelry boxes (the one with all my loose gemstones, including my danburites which look vaguely like diamonds) was empty, on it's side, on my bed.

Went through all my other boxes. All gone. Anything worth money. Is gone.

All of my gold jewelry (and I had a substantial amount-- very high carat, and antique), all my gemstone jewelry, all my pearls. All gone. None of it was insured. Just my diamonds were insured.

Some of it MAY (and it's a SLIM chance) be covered under the grace period clause of my insurance policy as it was given to me at the wedding, and they give you a little bit of time to add jewelry to your policy. But most of that was purchased overseas, and I don't know if anyone has receipts for it. And some of it was antique heirloom jewelry, no reciept.

No alarm. We have renters insurance, I have NO IDEA if it will cover any of it.

All the jewelry John's given me for our 'events' are gone. My engagement ring is the only piece, and my wedding band that he gave me (most important peices, thank god). My watch, my original e-ring setting with the new garnet set in it, my tahitian pearl pendant. The bracelet my mom had made from the charms I was given at as a child are gone. The gemstone rings I got for my graduation from law school. That doesn't even cover the wedding jewelry. Well over 5K in jewelry, just gone.

I don't feel safe in my house. At all. I'm so glad we get the new apartment tomorrow, we were planning on moving in over the next two weeks. We're moving in this weekend now instead. At least the essentials, the bed, the cats, our clothes, basic kitchen stuff.

All cats are freaked. Especially poor lucy who was just terrorized when we got home.

Okay. Gotta go. Took the equivalent of a Xanax, need to just... not think about this.

Thank you for the love, the support and the hugs.

It's not the jewelry. It's the memories and the sentiment. Especially as one of the peices were the ONLY thing I ever recieved from my paternal grandmother.

((HUGSS)))

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''m soooo sorry this has happened! Hopefully they will be able to catch the theives and recover some of your pieces. You should try going to local pawn shops in case any of your things turn up there. Good Luck.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Gypsy this is terrible. You must feel beside yourself. (((HUGS to you and thecats))))

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Awww! Gypsy, I am so sorry. I know how precious those pieces were to you. That''s just horrible and now to feel unsafe in your own home. The move couldn''t come at a better time. I do hope they are able to recover something.

Glad you folks weren''t home at the time and are safe. That''s the most important thing. HUGS!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

I am so so sorry that you are going through this. So happy that everyone is safe and okay, and you have a safe place to move this weekend.

My thoughts are with you!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy I am so sorry, thankfully no one was home and the kitties are safe. People like this make me sick.

Start hitting the local pawnshops to see if any of your stuff shows up, it is a slim chance but you may get lucky, try get some rest.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
This is awful. I am really sorry this happened to you. I know exactly how you feel as our house was robbed many years ago and I lost most of the jewelry I received as wedding gifts from my relatives and some of my childhood jewelry. The robbers got in by breaking the smallest window in the house, the master bathroom window, and turned the master bedroom upside down. I hope the police will catch the culprits and you will get some of your jewelry back. I hope you will get some compensation from your insurance company, but it''s impossible to replace sentimental value.

AN

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I''m SO SORRY this happened to you! What an absolute nightmare! I''m glad to hear that you, your DH, and the cats are safe. You poor things!

If you feel up to it, go to any pawn shops or consignment stores you can visit to see if your stuff is there, then ask those people to spread the word to other pawn/consignment shops just in case something comes in a little further away. I hope that at least some of it might get returned to you! Oh, I cry for your beautiful jewelry.

Please keep us updated. Again, I''m so very sorry this happened to you.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
oh my god gypsy!!!!! i am so sorry!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I am outraged - thank God you and the kittas are all ok though, I am so sorry and sending you the biggest hugs I can muster.
emrose.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Damn Gypsy, thats terrible. I can''t imagine how invaded you must feel.
7.gif

I''m so sorry, I hope the police can help you.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Gypsy, how scary!!!! Im glad you guys are ok, but how terrible!!!! *Big hugs*

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
So sorry, Gypsy! I''m glad you, your dh, and your kitties are okay.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy I am so sorry! Thank goodness you are all safe! I will keep my fingers crossed that you recover your jewelry. ((((( HUGS)))))

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to add my support here as well. I''m so sorry to hear you''ve lost such sentimental pieces and truly hope by the grace of God that you''ll get them back. I too am happy that everyone is okay, albeit a little frazzled and rightly so.

You say it appears they were specifically after your jewelry. Do you think there is a chance this person knows you and therefore knew the pieces you had in your jewelry boxes? Sheesh, this just makes me want to keep everything secret and in hiding if not on my person.
14.gif
38.gif
Was it only your jewelry that was stolen?

Big hugs Gypsy. I hope the move goes well and will keep my fingers crossed for the return of your gems and jewelry.

bighugforgypsy.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about what happened.
Unfortunately, this is the time of year for breakins, (not only homes, but cars). I seen a woman go to the mall parking lot to put an X-box and other Christmas gifts she purchased in her car, then return to the mall to do more shopping. When she came out, her car window was smashed, gifts were all gone! Be VERY careful about "advertising" what you got in your car (or home). Some people are desperate for gifts and cash for the holiday season, and will do anything to get it! Did you recently get married Gypsy? I know some people read "wedding announcemnts" or just know when someone is getting married, or just newlywed. That house is a target, theives know it's loaded with cash/gifts/jewelry. I know myself..anything valuable is locked in a home safe, which is bolted to the walll..and in the event of a break in..no theif is getting their hands on what's inside. My diamond e-ring and diamond band are on my finger at all times! I don't blame you for feeling unsafe and violated..it must be a traumatic event to live through! Hope most of your sentimental valuables are recovered..there IS hope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results