shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Just got engaged!!! The STORY and RING!

CantaPiana

Rough_Rock
I am SO EXCITED!

I just recently got engaged to my wonderful boyfriend. We had been dating since January and knew that we were meant to be since day one :) We got engaged on October 4, 2007 in Sandbridge, Virginia (a smaller beach just south of Virginia Beach). We had been planning a trip together with a bunch of friends for quite some time, since a lot of our friends are from Balitmore, DC, Jersey, etc and we still live in good ol'' Pittsburgh. We had both been sending out a bunch of emails trying to get everyone to come, since my fiance''s parents own a beach house down there and everyone could come stay for free for an extended weekend - in my mind it sounded like a great, cheap, all-friends vacation!! In my fiance''s mind it was a great way to get everyone together for an inpromptu Engagement Party! I didn''t know this.....

... we left on Wednesday night after work and drove the long 8 hours down to the beach. Around midnight I kept asking him if he was getting tired, and he said he wasn''t... I was surprised because he gets up much earlier than me for work and I was already beat!! So I napped.... when we got there we went into the house and ended up on the patio off of our bedroom to look at the stars (one of my most favorite things). It was lovely, but we were getting tired. He asked before we went in if I would get up in the morning and go to the beach to watch the sunrise (one of my other most favorite things to do)... of course I said I would, since this was nothing new to me - we had done the same thing not too long ago in the Dominican. So we went to bed...

...he woke me around 6:00 - he was already milling around...I put on something silly and we walked over to the beach. As the sun rose we walked down by the water gathering shells for our collection and gazing at the beautiful sunrise. He seemed so calm and fun-loving that I figured this could not possibly be the time, since I figured he would be very nervous if anything! I accepted that and just enjoyed the morning. Once the sun rose I said I was ready to go back to bed and turned to pick up our flip flops... as soon as I had turned he said "... wait... there''s one more thing..." With that I turned back around he was pulling a small, black ring box from his pocket and got down on one knee. I immediately was SHOCKED! I started crying because I was so incredibly happy. At that point the ring meant nothing to me - all I wanted to do was hug and kiss him and jump for joy. Finally, he asked if I wanted to put on the ring and I said ''of course!''. He put it on me and we were thrilled!! Some passers-by took pictures for us (even though I looked terrible cause I just rolled out of bed - Penguins jersey and purple scrubs pants + a beautiful ring - quite odd :) We were both SO HAPPY - we walked back to the house to try to get some sleep, but I just laid in bed and smiled and stared at the beautiful ring he had designed...

... throughout the next day our friends started arriving. We both decided not to say something immediately (no one knew except my parents and him), but rather to see what reactions ensued. Some friends noticed right away, and others had no idea until we brought out champagne and thanked everyone for coming to our Engagement Party! Either way, everyone was so happy. We had a WONDERFUL next couple of days. It was the most amazing proposal ever - and I was so glad to be able to enjoy it, relax, and spend time with my new fiance and friends.

30.gif

CantaPiana2.jpg

CantaPiana

Rough_Rock
Some more pictures...

CantaPiana4.jpg

CantaPiana

Rough_Rock
Beautiful morning...

engagement2.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome and very unique! Congrats
9.gif
Beautiful pics! What are the stats? The stone looks huge
36.gif

CantaPiana

Rough_Rock
From the side in the sun...

CantaPiana5.jpg

CantaPiana

Rough_Rock
I haven''t seen the papers yet, but as much as I know it''s 1.51 ct Princess Cut, F or G (he said he needed to see the papers), excellent cut (hence the *sparkle*).

He actually designed the ring with a local jeweler here in Pittsburgh - the whole works: drawing, design, wax, stone selection, etc etc. He did a wonderful job - he knows me: classy yet unique. The ring is exactly that. I like to think of it as a story: two people, fast moving and on their own tracks, passing by eachother (the setting) - and between them, a beautiful, brilliant, sparkling love (the stone)

ahh.. I''m a romantic I suppose :)

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful ring! Congratulations on the engagement and fiancee!
emsmile.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

MMgood! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!

WeightLifterChick

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! What a perfect proposal, and beautiful ring
30.gif

sagewren

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!

Beautiful pictures and a great story.
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Yay! What a beautiful ring, and so unique. Congratulations!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful scenery and ring! Congratulations!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful! Congrats!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
beautiful proposal and a gorgeous ring :):):)

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Canta:

Such a unique design! I love when princess stones are set that way, it just gives them such a different look.
Congratulations on your engagement and having such a thoughtful boyfriend/fiance that put so much of himself into the design and into giving you something that is "yours alone" straight from his heart!

36.gif

IHeartOldCuts

Rough_Rock
Wow, gorgeous design! And how sweet is he to be sooo involved in the whole process?

Congrats and wear in good health always!

LadyDiDi

Rough_Rock
Thank you for telling us your wonderful story! Your ring is beautiful.....congratulations!

Question - what jeweler did you use in Pittsburgh?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Awww! Beautiful proposal! Thanks for sharing it and your gorgeous ring with us! It looks just huge on your hand...what size finger do you have? It looks much larger than a 1.51!!! Congratulations!
36.gif

CantaPiana

Rough_Rock
We go to a jeweler called "Attwood Goldsmiths" in the South Side. The family that owns the place is wonderful and very thoughtful - they have a lot of knowledge behind their practices. When I came in after my fiance proposed to get the ring sized they gave me a hug and said they had been looking forward to meeting me - and felt like they knew me so well already.... which to me just goes to show how much thought, time, and effort was spent on making the ring...
17.gif

CantaPiana

Rough_Rock
I''ve got a 4, 4 1/2 finger - guess the piano playing at least keeps my fingers in shape :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a great proposal story and a beautiful ring! Congratulations on your engagement.
36.gif
36.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the ring is beautiful! Congrats on the engagement, your story was lovely
1.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice ring...he did good...does he give lessons...my bf could use some...
31.gif
31.gif

So where are the pics of you??!!! Iwanna see that outfit!

CONGRATS!!

floridagirl

Rough_Rock
That is a very touching proposal story and beautiful ring! How fun to celebrate with all of your friends! Congratulations!

shelly1170

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! A wonderfully romantic proposal and a beautiful ring.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! I adore your princess cut setting....so unique!!
1.gif

I''m living in Pittsburgh, PA too! I may have to look into that jeweler you mentioned in the South Side! Have fun planning your wedding!
36.gif

tiger817ronnie

Rough_Rock
Congratulations from a fellow Pittsburgher!!

ronnie

Freakazoid

Rough_Rock
Hey Lee!
This is Lang. (figured I might as well conceal stuff on the Internet). Funny I just came across your posting of your story,been hanging around this site for a while now. I heard about your engagement a couple weeks ago. And congratulations! Been looking for a custom jeweler in the area, and so far haven''t come up with anything. I''ve gotta check out that Attwood Goldsmith though, because the ring looks great. When''s the wedding planned for? Hit me up sometime on AIM, catch up with things. I still gotta send you that resume haha, you still at the same place? I''ll send ya an email sometime, again congrats

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results