shape
carat
color
clarity

JUST GOT ENGAGED BUT AM SAD AS RING IS TOO SMALL! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ANNIE

Rough_Rock
MY FIANCEE PROPROSED ON OUR RECENT HOLDIDAY, THE RING WAS TOO BIG AND I GOT IT RESIZED BUT NOW ITS UNCOMFORTABLE AND TIGHT DESPITE BEING MEASURED BY THE JEWELLER, WHAT SHOULD I DO? CAN THEY MAKE IT A SIZE BIGGER? OR WILL THAT RUIN THE RING. iT''S A PLATINUM PRINCESS CUT DIAMOND SOLITAIRE AND COST £3,000
pLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE
ANNIE

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Don't despair, Annie! If they made it smaller, they should be able to make it bigger again easily.

You might have the same problem I have--fingers that change size dramatically. In the winter, when I've been sitting still, my wedding ring is sometimes so loose I can shake it off my hand. In the summer, or if I've been exercising, it can get uncomfortably tight. Other things that can affect your ring size include whether you've eaten a lot of spicy or salty food recently and where you are in your menstrual cycle. So when you go back to the jeweler, make sure you're not in an extremely swollen or shrunken state. Don't do it when you've just run a marathon or sat still in a freezer for hours.

Oh, and congratulations on your engagement!

ANNIE

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply, i've been hunting the internet for hours trying to find some advice! Came across this site and feel more relieved now. The ring is so beautiful and i felt so disappointed when i collected it from the jewellers yesterday morning. I was measured as a J, so i think one size bigger will sort the problem, i wonder how they actually make it bigger, do they stretch it? I have the piece they took out (although it looks a lot smaller than i'd imagined!) I think you're right about the fingers swelling, i do tend to have fluid retention, and my fingers swelled when i was on holiday last week. I hope it won't be expensive to get my ring enlarged? Have you any idea about prices?
Thanks, Annie
blockquote]
----------------
On 6/28/2003 3:12:28 PM pollyshu wrote:

Don't despair, Annie! If they made it smaller, they should be able to make it bigger again easily.

You might have the same problem I have--fingers that change size dramatically. In the winter, when I've been sitting still, my wedding ring is sometimes so loose I can shake it off my hand. In the summer, or if I've been exercising, it can get uncomfortably tight. Other things that can affect your ring size include whether you've eaten a lot of spicy or salty food recently and where you are in your menstrual cycle. So when you go back to the jeweler, make sure you're not in an extremely swollen or shrunken state. Don't do it when you've just run a marathon or sat still in a freezer for hours.

Oh, and congratulations on your engagement!
----------------
[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results