shape
carat
color
clarity

Just for fun, one spessartite with different metal stackers.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I took some pics of this spessartite lotus ring with different color spacers because especially in person, the difference is pretty huge. This spess is fabulous in low light, a glowing neon ball of fire. But in straight sunlight or fluorescent light, the brown modifier kicks in. By changing the color of stacking rings, I can minimize the unwanted brown.

The first pictures are in indirect daylight, showing lots of brown, more than I saw in person.

spesstestyellow3.jpg

spesstestwhite3.jpg

spesstestrose3.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Just for fun, one spessartite with different metal stack

These pictures are taken inside the fireplace.

spesstestyellow2.jpg

spesstestwhite2.jpg

spesstestrose2.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

This one is taken in the shade with some backlight. The deeper the shadow, the brighter the neon effect. That's all for now. I just thought the effect of the different metals was interesting and I'm trying to spend the time while I wait for my other spess ring to come in the mail :bigsmile:

spesstestyellow1.jpg

spesstestwhite1.jpg

spesstestrose1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, I love all the metal behind the stone. It really makes it pop!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So one set of stackers are simple rounded bands and the other set of stackers are thinner flat hammered style?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

TL :)) Chrono, one set is yellow gold, one set is silver (the matte set) and one set is rose gold. It doesn't really show in these photos, but in real life, the rose gold set minimizes the brown modifier, which has revived this ring for me. The white and yellow metals make the stone pop but also intensify the less fortunate aspects of the gem. I was avoiding wearing it, because the brown was just too much for me. But now I can enjoy the spess again. This thread was an experiment in maybe catching that effect in the photos, but it doesn't really translate.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

very interesting! Spess are so fun and it's nice to have a little control over the brown:)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't know what everybody thinks/sees BUT I have a glorious orange (almost fanta) spess and I unfortunately set it in white gold. What a mistake. It looks awful. It's lost it's bright vivid orangeness and looks dull and lifeless. Your photos and comparisons really brought it back to me. I would NEVER have expected that but it's a lesson learned because when I can, this baby will be changed to yellow gold. Hopefully it'll get it's lovely orangeness back!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like the cut, and the idea of the stackers is interesting, but perhaps the best thing was to set it in prongs. A bezel would have killed it. This way, it looks very nice and brings out the beauty of the cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results