shape
carat
color
clarity

Just curious..How can you tell if a radiant is poorly cut???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Besides the numbers that would indicate it is a poorly cut radiant, which I know is difficult. What visually does a poorly cut radiant look like, what are the characteristics that would be noticable????? Just curious! Thank you everyone..
emotion-5.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1. if it is a colorless radiant it is 99% likely to be poorly cut unless you like slightly dull broken glassy diamonds.

2. avoid thin girdles
3. use an ASET scope
4. dimensions from the Tutorial and AGA are a uselful guide - but there will be stones good and bad in their bad and good grades.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Does a G classify as colorless?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hard to say from those photo''s Shana, but it does have a very large window that allows to see your finger when the images are taken from an angle.
This is not something we usually like to see and is discussed on the ideal-scope website under fancy shapes and also the ASET tutorial

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for responding. The reason I ask is to validate or dispute to mixed jewler reactions to my stone. One jewler stated that my stone was stunning while another stated that my stone was very poorly cut, blah, blah. I do love my new ring thanks to my new setting, but I am just curious what the wonderful experts on here had to say. Thank you again... :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results