shape
carat
color
clarity

Just collected this asscher ring

petnugen

Rough_Rock
After lots of searching for a nice Asscher diamond I managed to find one and had it made into a ring.

It is 0.8ct, D colour, excellent cut and very good symmetry, GIA certified.

Samara James made it into a ring for me and they seemed to like it as they posted a video of it on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKGNjYGBdMw

I tried to take a picture but they do not do it justice.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The flashes of light are amazing!

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
That's what I call LIGHT SHOW!!! What a gorgeous diamond. Congratulations!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

petnugen

Rough_Rock
Yeah the light show is under the jewellers light.

It was the second or third asscher I eventually saw but Shan at Samara James new what I wanted. As soon as we saw the stone it ticked all the boxes. The others were already mounted but along with Shan we designed the mount to see the whole diamond.

It is very nice.

Taking pictures of it are proving very difficult.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
petnugen|1442513702|3928901 said:
Yeah the light show is under the jewellers light.

It was the second or third asscher I eventually saw but Shan at Samara James new what I wanted. As soon as we saw the stone it ticked all the boxes. The others were already mounted but along with Shan we designed the mount to see the whole diamond.

It is very nice.

Taking pictures of it are proving very difficult.

Yes, diamonds are notoriously shy when it comes to taking good photos. You need to take it outside under a tree on a sunny day.
That's when I get some nice ones. Too much direct sunlight will make it go dark (mine at least).

Looks to be a beautiful stone/ring. Do post some pictures when you get some good ones!

petnugen

Rough_Rock
Will try taking some outdoors tomorrow in daylight. Any tips appreciated.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
petnugen|1442523217|3928974 said:
Will try taking some outdoors tomorrow in daylight. Any tips appreciated.
theres a thread on SMTB about photographing diamonds

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What camera do you have?

If you can set full Manual mode, you want small aperture (f8-11) to increase the depth of field, and low ISO to get a 'clean' photo. This usually means a slow/longer exposure time, therefore I would suggest either putting it on a tripod or placing it on a stable surface and using the timed release so you can not touch the camera while it takes the photo, removing camera shake. If it is a 'point and shoot' with a Macro mode then even better, you will be able to get the ring closer to the lens and fill more of the picture with it, meaning you won't have to crop the pictures later :)

Samara James' info videos are sometimes as cheesy as such videos can be :D but they are about the only UK vendor I could find that really concentrated on cut, so they should be applauded for that.

I was thinking about going with them but I went with one of the PS vendors in the end!

Your ring looks awesome, that should sparkle nicely and the D is icy 8-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results