shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought a ring. Opinions on price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Antonius

Rough_Rock
I just got a ring and wanted to get some ideas on the price. I will list whatever I can and hopefully I can get some input.
It is a white gold setting with 6 15point diamonds channel set into the band. The channel set stones are all VS2 F color and the center stone is a Princess Cut, .94 ct, VS1, E color, Depth 67.5, Table 74, Polish Very Good, Sym Good, no laser drilling or anything like that, no flourescence, no culet, girdle very thin to thick. I know it is hard to judge based on just what I have listed, but I would be curious to know any cursory evaluations of price based solely on the numbers. I paid 6600 out the door (no tax).

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2005 1:30:28 PM
Author:Antonius
I just got a ring and wanted to get some ideas on the price. I will list whatever I can and hopefully I can get some input.
It is a white gold setting with 6 15point diamonds channel set into the band. The channel set stones are all VS2 F color and the center stone is a Princess Cut, .94 ct, VS1, E color, Depth 67.5, Table 74, Polish Very Good, Sym Good, no laser drilling or anything like that, no flourescence, no culet, girdle very thin to thick. I know it is hard to judge based on just what I have listed, but I would be curious to know any cursory evaluations of price based solely on the numbers. I paid 6600 out the door (no tax).
Hello,
Sounds like a beautiful ring and we at PS would love to see photos
30.gif

Now to your question. If you will use the search bar at the top of the Pricescope page you can search out a stone similar to yours and see what the vendors are charging. For the side stones, here is a link to a website that gives you a pretty good idea of what you can expect to pay http://www.tradeshop.com/master/melle.shtml . For the .15 princess sides you would pay $1950 per carat. Your sides are a total carat weight of .90, so the price would be $1755.

Antonius

Rough_Rock
Hmm..sounds like maybe I got a pretty decent price. I mean, I am relatively certain I got a good price, but you know..you always want the opinion of others.

Antonius

Rough_Rock
Wow, no other thoughts? Figured I would get at least a few opinions.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2005 10:23:41 PM
Author: Antonius
Wow, no other thoughts? Figured I would get at least a few opinions.

First of all, many of us are in the same boat as yourself and trying to search for that perfect diamond...others of us have researched the specific stone shape that we''re interested in and may not know enough about your cut and specs...

For me personally, I always feel weird about telling someone that they paid too much or their specs aren''t the best or whatever AFTER the fact...I''m not saying that''s the case for you...I know nothing about Princess cuts so I don''t know the price ranges or specs...but you''ve already bought the ring and if you''re happy with it, then that is what is important...getting feedback about a ring once you''ve bought it may result in buyer''s remorse...I hate to see people go through that....

Oh..also...the board seems to be slower today than usual, which also may be the reason you aren''t getting many responses...

Enjoy your ring!! We want to see pix!!!

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I have a similar ring, but mine is platinum instead of white gold, which would add to the price of mine. My princess center stone is a .95 G, VVS2. My channel set diamonds total .55 and are an average of G/H in color. The center stone diamond is very good cut. My ring cost about $6,700.

Your diamond is a better color than mine, but mine has better clarity. You have more caret weight in your band than mine, but mine is platinum and yours is white gold (platinum being way more expensive than white gold). Our rings cost the same amount, which seems right to me when you look at the differences.

I think you got a good deal comparing it to my ring and what we paid (I feel like we got a good deal)!! It sounds like a beautiful ring!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree......the time to worry about whether or not a price is fair is before the sale, not after.

If you bought at that price, then it must have been a price you were comfortable paying, and therefore it''s a fair price.

Enjoy your new ring! Post pictures.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Braking down the costs...

The diamond should have been about $3500-$4000

This makes setting & service cost about $3000... which does not sound too bad compared to whatever quotes I remember off the bat.

I can't picture the ring: there must be some difference between a fine, handmade setting and an off-the-rack model of which hundreds were made.

Assuming the second... Blue Nile has a version with smaller diamonds but the shape corresponding the description rather close (eight not six stones channel set, so it's the carats making the cost difference, not the work).

Is your ring anything like THIS ? If so, it was just the extra diamond weight that added up to the price difference.

IMO, you didn't get ripped off on this one.... but I am not much of a bargain hunter.
9.gif

Antonius

Rough_Rock
It is a hand made setting that is modeled after a Coast Diamonds design. I think the breakdown was about 2000 for the setting and about 4600 for the stone. I feel like it was a good price yes...just wanted to see if anyone with more experience jumped out to tell me one way or the other if it was or wasn''t. Thanks for the feedback.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you got a great ring, can''t wait to see the pics!!
1.gif

Antonius

Rough_Rock
Would love to post pics but I had to get it resized. Damn inaccurate sizing the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results