shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought a RB and an Emerald...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indigirl

Rough_Rock
My fiancee and I just bought these two rings from bluenile (I know, they can be overpriced). They look beautiful (photos soon), and we love them. But, how do the numbers look to you?

My Round Brilliant
AGSL cert, Ideal 0 Cut Grade
0.740 cts, 5.78 - 5.80 x 3.59mm
H VS1
Depth: 62.0%
Table: 56%
Crown angle: 34.6
Pavillion angle: 40.8
It gets a 1.4 on the HCA.

Her Emerald Cut
GIA cert
0.70 ct, 6.15 x 4.27 x 2.75mm
E VVS2
Depth: 64.4%
Table: 63%

We can return within 30 days and are planning on getting an independant appraisal. Here''s my second question... how do you find someone reliable? Pricescope doesn''t list any for Alberta. Is it common practice to mail your rings away to be appraised? Now that they''re on our fingers, we''d rather not do that! :) Any tips would be great!

Thanks!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Numbers look very nice, though can''t tell definitely without more info about the EC.

indigirl

Rough_Rock
What other info could I give you about the EC? I have a GIA cert on it, so it''s not that detailed...

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Blue Nile can provide a Sarin report, I''m pretty sure, and that gives crown and pavilion info. If it''s already shipped, though, I wouldn''t bother and just see if you''re happy with it. The table and depth are outstanding.

indigirl

Rough_Rock

Thanks Hest, I''m glad the numbers work out. I think the stone is beautiful... way better than the one we almost bought at Birks, but isn''t that the way? We LOVE them and are very happy with the decision. Just need to find an appraiser now.

Let me see if I can attach photos....

Sandra''s Ring:

s_ring1.jpg

s_ring2.jpg

My ring:

ring2.jpg

our_rings.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Ec looks as great as the numbers sound !

I am so very partial here... but given these are both tops, I would take the emerald cut any. Not that you should.... but, it seems to glow white (not the E grade but the flash of the step cut, I bet) next to the round

5.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings.
emsmile.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

I happen to live in Calgary, AB and from what I understand Birks downtown would provide you with the service you require--but you''ve already been there and perhaps you do not wish to return. Also, please inquire at Brinkhaus Jewellers (downtown) as Norbert Brinkhaus has an extensive background and a degree in Gemmology (European). Failing that, you might call J. Vair Anderson (downtown), The Goldsmiths (on 14th) and finally Calgary Jewellers (on 17th). Although I have not used appraisal services from all these places, I have bought jewellery from each and everyone of them and find their service great.

Congrats on beautiful rings.

cheers

Sharon

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Are you a female couple with two engagement rings? If so, very cool! I was wondering if we'd see any same-sex couple engagement rings. They look lovely on your hands. Are you planning to wear wedding bands as well?

If I've misunderstood and one of you is a man, or you're both women but not a couple, my apologies. The rings are lovely.

In either case, congratulations on your engagement!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock

Hurrah for two women with beautiful rings!!!

I wish you all the best!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement indigirl! I wish you and your fiancee all the best!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
those are two awesome rings
1.gif
that EC does light up! and i normally prefer 6 prong for RBs, but i''m loving the 4 prong and thickness of the bands. congrats to you both
36.gif

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, classic, elegant rings. I love them both
30.gif
30.gif

Congratulations on your engagement
36.gif

indigirl

Rough_Rock

Thanks, we are indeed a same-sex female couple... and both of us ''get'' an engagement ring even though I proposed with a diamond necklace. We are planning on also wearing wedding bands after the ceremony next fall.

Right now, we''re leaning towards a prong-set diamond band, but lord knows our preferences will probably change the longer we look! (Initially I wanted something like the Tiffany etoile band, which now doesn''t appeal to me so much.)

I also loved the six pront setting for my RB, but went with the trellis/lucida/crossover band because the diamond sits lower and is a bit more my style.

Sharon, thanks so much for the tips. I''ll look into those places for an appraisal!

I''m suddenly finding myself using my left hand for everything, just so I can have the ''excuse'' to look at the ring.

30.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock

Indigirl,

Just make sure that you don''t walk with your hand in front of your face, you might injure yourself! LOL! I am so goofy that it will probably happen to me when I get my new ring!

Congrats again!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 139px">Date: 11/7/2004 1:57
6.gif
5 PM
Author: indigirl

...I''m suddenly finding myself using my left hand for everything, just so I can have the ''excuse'' to look at the ring.

30.gif

Oh, you''ll come up with lots more excuses! Congtats to you both!

1.gif
36.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock

Indi, those are so gorgeous! Great RB and I have such a fondness for ECs. Lovely choice.

Oh, and I''m glad you told us you were a same-sex couple because though the RB is gorgeous I was having a hard time picturing such a large stone in such a classic setting on the ring finger of a man!

31.gif
I''m afraid I started thinking Tony Soprano!

Wear them in good health!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! I''m partial to ECs myself and of course, the RB is gorgeous too. Congratulations on the engagement.
36.gif

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
Indigirl, congrats to you and your fiance, those are two gorgeous rings!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results