shape
carat
color
clarity

Just an FYI...

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I should even post this or not because the seller isn't breaking any Pricescope rules since it's not listed on this site, but...

I personally am a little irritated and felt the need to let you know that there is a seller on LT that bought a couple of items from me on Ebay and is now flipping them on LT. While I know this is bound to happen in life especially because I listed my items at such low prices, I just find it irritating that this seller couldn't AT LEAST use their OWN photos and create their OWN listing details. This person literally just copy and pasted my listing details and re-used my photos that I took the time and energy to create. The only thing they changed about the listings is stating that they are new and never worn, which is NOT true because it was from MY personal collection that I'm still in the process of selling pieces from. I did clean them well before I sold them and take good care of my jewelry so they could be sold as new and no one would know the difference, but that doesn't make it true.

In honor of the 90's child inside of me who is a big fan of "Full House"...HOW RUDE!

Now I don't know if I should post the link to the TWO listings because I wouldn't want to ruin another person's business. This is obviously how they make a living and heck maybe they'll buy something else from me to flip (ironic tone of voice used here). I just feel used, and also just wanted to point it out in case someone else noticed my photos being re-used, that I am NOT the flipper. I am the original seller who is just trying to sell my stuff (at a substantial loss by the way) to try and fund my next jewelry project. This should be obvious since my prices were WAY lower, but ya never know.

Okay, deep breath and vent over.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I hear you. Same thing happened to me, but in my case they advertised it on Preloved. Still bothers me.

In your case, since they are not advertising it here, there is not much Ella can do. However, your pictures are your own property, and I would send an email to this person telling her that you have not authorized her to use them and want them removed. In the future, add a watermark to your photos. Also, contact the moderator at LT and see what their policy is.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this would get me mad! Some things are not prohibited but are still borderline unethical/unscrupulous, and this is one of them. I am sorry, Rissa, and sorry you've been put in the position of explaining that its not you doing the selling/flipping :(sad

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry people are such jerks.

That happened to me too before and I was on FIRE! :angryfire:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the support ladies, I at least feel a little better knowing I'm not alone and I'm not the only one that would be upset in this situation.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Wow.

I wouldn't be very happy either. PS and LT are VERY intertwined, in terms of the exact eyes that are checking out both. While not against any rules, this situation would definitely leave a bad taste in my mouth if I were you. I'm really sorry. :blackeye:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry this is happening to you RissaLou. I would be upset too.

Didn't a PSer create LoupeTroop? So perhaps if she knew about it she could either remove the listing or leave it if she doesn't mind. Personally I think it's bad form but since no PS rules are being broken there is nothing you can do about it. However the LT owner can if she decides she doesn't like what is going on there.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you should out them for flipping and post the links to your items. I don't have a problem buying items on Ebay and other places and reselling for a profit but if it was another P/S member that saw your items on here first, and then flipped them that IS really rude.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were they items posted here, Rissa? Because if they did not know they were buying on ebay from a PS person, I don't see how they could know not to post them on LT. I don't see any problem reusing pictures as long as they are the pictures of the actual item.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Was it the loose old cut?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so annoying and frustrating!! I'm really sorry. I think it's really lame that they are using your pictures.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's simply not classy to use someone else's listing as your listing immediately after the items were sold. It's not a far stretch to expect that you would see the subsequent listing. I wonder about the photos though. I have heard that once they are in the public domain, you can't really expect exclusive use of them anymore, especially when you don't own the item any longer. However, selling items and representing them as new when they are not is fraudulent and the worst part of this situation. If I were you, I would notify the owner of Loupe Troop that one of their members is falsely advertising their items and deceiving buyers for personal gain. Sorry that this happened to you!

Mikla

Edited for spelling

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I saw the new listing, and could not believe the price. Almost double. That is wrong on just so many levels.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
ruby59|1377969410|3512934 said:
I saw the new listing, and could not believe the price. Almost double. That is wrong on just so many levels.

Note that it hasn't sold. ;-) They can ask what they want, but since a lot of DB buyers probably see this thread, hopefully they'll make a more informed decision about it now. :devil:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvmysparklies|1377967537|3512919 said:
Wow Rissa.
I saw something similar here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-FIND-VAN-CRAEYNEST-950-PLATINUM-DIAMOND-RING-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION-/221262910213?nma=true&si=rhUcULTZ8LMpToSXmjHN6HO28Zk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It's now being sold on LT and DB for more as well as on Ebay using the original seller's everything. I know it's their choice to sell but I know the vibe you are feeling about your pics and all...

Wow - that is quite a mark-up!

But I don't really agree with the condemnation. These sellers saw things on ebay - the global flea market - and thought "If I market this to the more select and knowledgeable audience on LT and DB, and should be able to make a few bucks." How is this wrong? How is it any different from picking up something for cheap at a local garage sale or estate sale and re-selling it? The seller has invested the time to comb through the ebay listings for something that's underpriced, and is taking a risk that someone else will be willing to pay more than their purchase price. Of course there's also the possibility that they won't get their asking price.

I have no argument at all with PS's "no flipping" policy, but presumably the sellers in question aren't listing the items here. And since LT and DB don't have similar policies - *shrug.*

ETA - I do understand your concern about the items being listed as new and unused, which you know to be untrue, and your irritation that they used your text and pictures. It's the general practice of re-selling at a higher price that has me shrugging.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VR, I can only speak for myself and my thoughts are that PSers are online friends who share jewelry as an interest. They are not (for the most part) vendors here to make money. It feels a bit like a betrayal of trust in a way but again these are only my thoughts and I cannot speak for Rissa or anyone else re this matter. It feels *wrong* to me.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
My intent was more moral support toward Rissa based on the fact that the seller just copied and pasted everything from the previous sellers' listing (verbiage, pics etc.) I will state again that I know it's their choice to sell or do whatever with their purchase.

While I stated a fact that it is being sold for more, I will offer that no one can know for sure what is in the mind of the seller and what they did or didn't think. But I do wonder what they were thinking considering the observation that they took the time to comb through the many listings in Ebay and found something under priced, and then decided to simply use the loophole that exists with Preloved by not posting it for sale here. Yet, didn't consider that the targeted audience (the " more select and knowledgeable audience on LT and DB") would also research and make informed decisions.

Thanks to the PSers who have original works of this brand, I developed a real appreciation for the detailed work that went into these particular rings. Because the company changed hands and there was some drama, my intention was to ask the seller how they acquired it and the timeframe because I was interested in something from the original company. However, before bothering with that, in doing my diligence-- I checked the feedback and found my answer. It is what it is, no condemnation just the informed choice.

It is a lovely piece and I am sure it will sell.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1377970759|3512942 said:
Wow Rissa.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-FIND-VAN-CRAEYNEST-950-PLATINUM-DIAMOND-RING-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION-/221262910213?nma=true&si=rhUcULTZ8LMpToSXmjHN6HO28Zk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It's now being sold on LT and DB for more as well as on Ebay using the original seller's everything. I know it's their choice to sell but I know the vibe you are feeling about your pics and all...

But I don't really agree with the condemnation. These sellers saw things on ebay - the global flea market - and thought "If I market this to the more select and knowledgeable audience on LT and DB, and should be able to make a few bucks." How is this wrong? How is it any different from picking up something for cheap at a local garage sale or estate sale and re-selling it? The seller has invested the time to comb through the ebay listings for something that's underpriced, and is taking a risk that someone else will be willing to pay more than their purchase price. Of course there's also the possibility that they won't get their asking price.

I have no argument at all with PS's "no flipping" policy, but presumably the sellers in question aren't listing the items here. And since LT and DB don't have similar policies - *shrug.*

ETA - I do understand your concern about the items being listed as new and unused, which you know to be untrue, and your irritation that they used your text and pictures. It's the general practice of re-selling at a higher price that has me shrugging.

In general, I would agree with the above, VR. However, in RL's case, she did post her ebay listings here, and now those items are on LT, which is quite different than a buyer having found the items in the vast worldwide marketplace and THEN listing them on LT. If I directed someone to my ebay listings by posting on PL, and then days later, the buyer listed them for more on LT (AND used my photos AND used my listing details), I'd feel quite a sting about it all! If I was a random ebay seller, and my stuff got relisted on LT, then I suppose I wouldn't care at all, especially since I presumably wouldn't even know about it!

I'm guessing you didn't realize RL has posted her listings here? Or, perhaps you were speaking more to the above listing?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1377976186|3512972 said:
I'm guessing you didn't realize RL has posted her listings here? Or, perhaps you were speaking more to the above listing?

I didn't realize she had listed her items here. I don't often check in here. Maybe that's why - buying from listings here seems to carry a moral obligation for the buyer.

BTW I am not the seller in question - in fact I have a tremendously hard time selling my jewelry. But I have thought about it, and I will probably start selling some of my things soon as I make some life changes. One of the things I've decided is that I will price my gold pieces above scrap value if I want to be sure that they're re-used rather than re-sold. And I might re-think the option of selling things at give-away prices just to get rid of them. :wink2:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1377976186|3512972 said:
VRBeauty|1377970759|3512942 said:
Wow Rissa.

In general, I would agree with the above, VR. However, in RL's case, she did post her ebay listings here, and now those items are on LT, which is quite different than a buyer having found the items in the vast worldwide marketplace and THEN listing them on LT. If I directed someone to my ebay listings by posting on PL, and then days later, the buyer listed them for more on LT (AND used my photos AND used my listing details), I'd feel quite a sting about it all! If I was a random ebay seller, and my stuff got relisted on LT, then I suppose I wouldn't care at all, especially since I presumably wouldn't even know about it!

The bolded part exactly! Like I said I know that some of my items are bound to be flipped because I listed them so cheap, but don't use my words and my photos and claim for them to be your own AND claim that they are new when they are not just because they are in excellent condition...especially listing them on LT when you originally saw it in PL...just plain bad practices and laziness.

While I didn't mean to start a rant (I was a little heated :angryfire: ), I decided that I am glad I posted, I do feel a lot better about the situation knowing that others feel the same about it as me, essentially I don't feel like I was overreacting. Thanks for the support everyone :D

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
That has happened to me as well. It is a little startling to see my hand and my pictures on ebay while doing a search! I sold a pendant for $300 and saw it listed by my buyer for $450 on both ebay and LT, so yeah, I was a little peeved. Mostly because I regretted selling it and told the buyer so, but sent it anyway. If you're going to flip, fine, but least use your own pictures!

melz

Shiny_Rock
The VC listing is mine. I use the pictures with the permission of the seller, who priced cheaply to unload quickly but advised I could get more.

Posting on LT and DB allowed me to slice 10% off the eBay price and still walk away with the same money. There is no intent to scam PSers. Anyone looking for VC and not living under a rock is going to see the eBay listing too. However, given the consternation I see here, I've removed those listings.

Have a nice day.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Melz|1378040483|3513210 said:
The VC listing is mine. I use the pictures with the permission of the seller, who priced cheaply to unload quickly but advised I could get more.

Posting on LT and DB allowed me to slice 10% off the eBay price and still walk away with the same money. There is no intent to scam PSers. Anyone looking for VC and not living under a rock is going to see the eBay listing too. However, given the consternation I see here, I've removed those listings.

Have a nice day.

Well knowing the seller gave you permission makes all the difference in the world, good for you for asking :appl:

That sadly is not my situation :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results