shape
carat
color
clarity

just a quick question :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swl

Shiny_Rock
usually can you tell the difference between a .36 and .40 carat in size?

it's about $600 difference between the 1.8 and the 2 carat ring with the same quality of stones (cut, color, etc.) I am not sure which five stone will look better with 5.5 finger size.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I can see the difference between a .50 and a point .54 in my ring so side by side yes. I also think the 2ct is going to look bigger because after the ring is made, it''s a .20ct difference and that is noticable. Either would look fine with your finger :)

Can you have them line the .36''s and .40''s up and take a pic? This way you can get an idea if it''s worth it.

swl

Shiny_Rock
thanks elle, so basically both will look nice, it's just one that is slightly bigger than the other, right?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 11:43:21 AM
Author: swl
thanks elle, so basically both will look nice, it''s just one that is slightly bigger than the other, right?
either will look amazing! and yes, one is just slightly bigger.

swl

Shiny_Rock
i also have a question about color, there is a set of E color stones in SI2 (2.0 carat) and a set of 3F 2G in SI1 (1.8 carat), the difference is $600 with the size difference, which would be a better pick then? both are about the same cut.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Is there anyway you can take a look at them? Depneding on your vision you might be able to see the inclusions even in stones that size.

I''d normally say, for an extra 600 get the E, 2ct. but the SI2 grade woul bug me to no end. so it really depends on what you''re comfortable with.

swl

Shiny_Rock
haha, i totally agree with you on that elle, the SI2 will bug me a lot too, since each stone is already .40, i think very likely inclusions will be seen in the stones. I can't really take a look at the stones cause I plan to purchase it online
7.gif
but it's ok, I think I will go with the 1.8 in SI1

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
OOOH GRATS! I
30.gif
five stones. Pics are a must you know!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results