shape
carat
color
clarity

Just a preview of what can be my new OEC diamond

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
After a month of working with Grace (both her and Erica were extremely nice and accommodating), I have this beauty. Of course, like with every other big decision, I am doubting myself and dealing with a mild case of buyer’s remorse.
So before and start an official “My new OEC” topic in SMTB, I am posting a little preview here.

It’s a 3.56 I/SI1 (GIA graded) OEC. What can I say….it’s the most beautiful and white OEC I have seen.

img_0338-l.jpg

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
You should have the moderator move this to Rocky Talk. Unfortunately, not a lot of people check over here.

Your diamond should be front and center where it can be seen as it is absolutely gorgeous. It practically glows from within. Congratulations on a spectacular find.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Inna, WOW! And that color!!! To die for! Congrats!

What aspects of this exactly give you buyer's remorse? Just the financial part, or are you worried about the cut?

I'd love to see more pics if you have them!

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Ruby59,
I wanted to share some of my excitement with antique stones fans at this cozy forum. I will start a new topic in SMTB. I personally visit it every day, even if I don't post much :).

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the strong-blue fluorescence one? It's beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Please share more pics!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks absolutely gorgeous!! What's making you have second thoughts?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
No remorse!!! It is beautiful, and very white!

Huldak

Shiny_Rock
Wow! LOVE the fluor. Just a magnificant stone. Glad someone here got it so we can see more, if you decide to keep it ...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is one of my all time fav OECs!! Ive oogled it many times on their website! What are your reservations?

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
InnaR,

You said awhile back that this is your dream ring. You have to keep it! No remorse necessary. The setting is simple and elegant and shows the diamond off. Are you keeping it in this setting or resetting it?

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Madelise, yes it's the one!
GemFever, the cut is great. I think it's another example of Early American cut. The table is 56, culet is very small. Flower under the table has longer petals. Area under the table is very lively and has no laziness. It moves and bounces light even under ugly office lighting. I posted that your ideal diamond would be I color with SBF. Maybe one day, we will have twin diamonds :). I am an absolute fan of fluorescence. In fact I I set filters to pull only diamonds with medium and stronger fluorescence wherever is possible (James Allen has this filter and I think WF too).
Yennyfire,
I oogled it since it got posted last year. But the price tag stopped me from clicking on the pictures and videos. Well, I did click once, and those videos convinced me :).
Junebug17,
If I keep it (and I'm almost sure that I will) that will likely to be the last OEC upgrade for me. There not a lot of size/color/cut improvement I can get (leave alone the price jump that might come with it). So I want to be really sure that this is my forever stone.
Pandabee, it's very very white. I am color sensitive and for me cut and color are equally important. That is part of the reason of why I’m downsizing my collection of old cuts in lower colors and upgrading to 1 white OEC.
MelanieK,
I am so fortunate to be a Pricescoper. I first time reached out to Grace almost four years ago, after I discovered Pricescope and learned about old cuts. I'll make sure to post lots of pictures.
Libby,
You remember that I said that . I like the setting and don’t plan to reset it for now (need to resize it three and a half sizes down). I like that the setting downplays the diamond, that it has triple claw prongs totaling 12, but they are so delicate that I can hardly see them. The only thing I don’t like is that the stone sits quite high. I won’t touch it now, but will likely reset it in the future to a lower setting

I hope Grace won't mind. Here is a link to the stone:

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Rings-Antique-Vintage/356ct-Loose-Old-European-Cut/19804036_Qxwpx5#!i=1622980763&k=P7gpvPT

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Well I think it's beyond stunning!!! If this is your last upgrade and you can swing it financially I really hope you won't settle for less than perfection - which this absolutely is!!!

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Rosebloom said:
Well I think it's beyond stunning!!! If this is your last upgrade and you can swing it financially I really hope you won't settle for less than perfection - which this absolutely is!!!

Rosebloom,
I downsized my collection of old cut lower color stones significantly. I made a decision that instead of many stones (I loved them all :)), I much rather have 2-3 great ones. I couldn't justify buying more old stones and keeping them all. The process however helped me to understand what my preferences are in terms of type/cut/color. It's possible that later I'll decide that one is enough and will sell the MRB (have few more years before my older one starts college :twirl: ).

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh InnR I loooooooooonged for this OEC! It is stunning and it faces up sooooooo white! Enjoy your new dream OEC.

FWIW- I also downsized my collection alot this year and went with larger more quality pieces over quantity. I think once I made my first big antique cut purchase I paniced over the decision I made. It tooks a few weeks. I was used to buying smaller things but many of them vs. 1 expensive diamond. Overall I'm so happy with my decision and I know you will be too! Congrats on your forever upgrade.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh Inna, it is So Beautiful! Absolutely perfect. I love the setting too. You should put all the doubts out of your mind and just enjoy this beauty!

Midsommer

Rough_Rock
Breathtaking !!

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Sarahbear621,
I hope that I can stick with it with approach of downsizing quantity/upgrading quality. Cannot wait for pictures of Venice in her new setting.

GemFever, I'll try to do it. If I'll hate later, you'll be the one to blame :wink2:

cabbitstarr

Rough_Rock
Wow that is a GORGEOUS ring. I love it! :D

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful :appl: I was eyeing it on JBEG. Congrats and can't wait for more pics!

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!!! That ring is half the reason I stalk Jbeg!! If it's just the $$$ that bothers you - at least know that you have the most beautiful OEC in existence. FOR REAL!!! :appl:

p.s. I haven't posted in months - this baby is a BIG DEAL. I love it!

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
YOU BOUGHT IT!!! I am soo happy that this beautiful baby belongs to a Pser !! :appl: :twirl: :appl: ( <- that's my happy dance )

that means we will get to see TONS and TONS of photos right? RIGHT? when it was sold I was a little worried that would be the end of it.. but YAY! we will get to see more of her!

I just love this stone sooo much! the color (the fluor!!) I am :mrgreen: with envy! Cannot wait to see what you do with her :love:

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
It is sooo beautiful!!! Can't wait to see more pics :)

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
No need to second guess that decision. I post that ring all the time so newbies can see the effect of SBF on a diamond and the personality it gives the stone. Love that OEC...congrats since you were the lucky winner!

One of my very favorite!

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
missymoo said:
OMG!!!! That ring is half the reason I stalk Jbeg!! If it's just the $$$ that bothers you - at least know that you have the most beautiful OEC in existence. FOR REAL!!! :appl:

p.s. I haven't posted in months - this baby is a BIG DEAL. I love it!

Missymoo,
I can stalk each one of their items (which I do on a daily basis :)).
Thank you for kind words.

I think that for me it is dificult to beleive that I got the most beatiful OEC in existence. I am going to trust members of his forum and keep it :twirl: As for $$$, I think it was $$$$ when it was posted first and was reduced to $$$. I did't even allow myself to click on the pictures while it was still $$$$.

GoldFish8 said:
YOU BOUGHT IT!!! I am soo happy that this beautiful baby belongs to a Pser !! :appl: :twirl: :appl: ( <- that's my happy dance )

that means we will get to see TONS and TONS of photos right? RIGHT? when it was sold I was a little worried that would be the end of it.. but YAY! we will get to see more of her!

I just love this stone sooo much! the color (the fluor!!) I am :mrgreen: with envy! Cannot wait to see what you do with her :love:

GoldFish8,
Thank you for being happy for me...and for PS :twirl: . It's safe with me. I need to size it down to my 3.25 (otherwise it slides to the sides) and I promise to take many many pictures. I cannot promise they will be better then JBEG's, but i'll give it my best try.

ariel144 said:
No need to second guess that decision. I post that ring all the time so newbies can see the effect of SBF on a diamond and the personality it gives the stone. Love that OEC...congrats since you were the lucky winner!

One of my very favorite!

Ariel144,
Thank you for confirming my decision. When I was browsing PS trying to find references to this stone, I did see that you mentioned it to someone and it actually helped me a little bit with decision.
The SBF is so pretty. My husband calles it - Blue Unicorn :twirl:

Cabbitstarr, Heraanderson,

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
That is one of the most beautiful OECs I have ever seen, I frequently went to their photo site to drool over it! Congratulations on the AAAAMMMAAAAAZING ring!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
armywife13 said:
That is one of the most beautiful OECs I have ever seen, I frequently went to their photo site to drool over it! Congratulations on the AAAAMMMAAAAAZING ring!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:
Armywife13,
Thank you! I can say the same about your 3.62. I actually at some point of time almost decided to go with it instead of the 3.56. It looked so familiar, that I had to search PS for references to it. It didn't take long to find it :). While doing my search I found the reason why it's posted there. My congratulations to you!!!!! I would do the same thing in a second, if given a chance.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
InnaR|1365116933|3420421 said:
armywife13 said:
Armywife13,
Thank you! I can say the same about your 3.62. I actually at some point of time almost decided to go with it instead of the 3.56. It looked so familiar, that I had to search PS for references to it. It didn't take long to find it :). While doing my search I found the reason why it's posted there. My congratulations to you!!!!! I would do the same thing in a second, if given a chance.

Awww... thank you InnaR, that is very sweet of you to say. We are veey excited! i guess it took that to make me realize that a diamond that size just didn't fit into my day to day lifestyle...at least not yet! So I will live vicariously through you and other PSers who have amazing boulders. Haha. Once the 3.62 finds a new home, my husband agreed that we use some of the funds for a new ring. (Happy dance) So it will be bling shopping time again! Maybe one day I will get back up to a diamond that size, but for now the size was just a bit too much for my day to day wear-though I never thought I would say that. Haha.

Again, many congratulations on your new ring. It is truly stunning!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have admired this diamond a heap of times too!!! :naughty: Stunning blue glow in the sun. There are very few like it, I hope you do decide to keep it - it's an amazing colour and a big beautiful diamond.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inna, it is truly one of the most beautiful stones I have ever seen...and I think it is my personal favorite of all the amazing diamonds I have been seeing here on PS recently! It is hard for me to imagine a more beautiful stone, you are so fortunate to be able to own this! IMO it truly is a dream stone - It is going to look so amazing on your tiny finger.

And I agree with you...I like this cozy little forum too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results