shape
carat
color
clarity

Just a few updates, new Barry Bridgestock stones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty LTP. Barry cuts so beautifully. Nice color combo as well. Congratulations on the new stones and your sister's soon-to-be marriage.
9.gif

Too bad the padparadscha is fake, but that just goes to show you how deceiving these latest man made treatments can be, and how the consumer really needs to protect themselves. In any case, that was nice of the lady to let you have it.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I still love that pad .. gorgeous color!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
those are delicious! SOOO springtimey - I LOVE them!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
You have such a great collection...so many pretty colours!

I love the colour of the pad and your new tourmaline
30.gif
30.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh the beauty of them all lined up in their settings
3.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yuuuuuuuuuuummmyyyyyyyyyyyy
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you said in another thread...but what''s the green cushion? It''s just lovely!!
30.gif

Of course the whole display/collection is lovely. Do you have another thread about your settings? I''m off to search for for it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words! I have some more pics I'll be posting once I get my sister's peridot set. It's really, really, gorgeous, so I'm really excited about it!

Date: 4/21/2009 8:49:54 AM
Author: Stone Hunter

Maybe you said in another thread...but what's the green cushion? It's just lovely!!
30.gif

Of course the whole display/collection is lovely. Do you have another thread about your settings? I'm off to search for for it.
Thank you, Stone Hunter! The green cushion is a Mozambique Tourmaline cut by Barry, and was my first Barry stone. I fell in love with the cut and asked him to do a similar amethyst, as well.

Here's a link to the thread that really started my addiction . . . https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-1-46-ct-mozambique-tourmaline-from-acstones.94163/.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lauren! I already went off and looked up all your topics. I like the idea of the rainbow of rings. Bet my husband would find it silly/scarry!

I''m having a hard time deciding on my next stone, I see that you just buy settings you like when you see them. I may just buy 2 stones if I can''t decide.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 11:37:05 AM
Author: Stone Hunter

Thanks Lauren! I already went off and looked up all your topics. I like the idea of the rainbow of rings. Bet my husband would find it silly/scarry!

I''m having a hard time deciding on my next stone, I see that you just buy settings you like when you see them. I may just buy 2 stones if I can''t decide.
I kind of approached it that way for quite a while. Find a setting at an awesome price, commission stone to be cut for it.

Now that I''ve learned some more about gemstones, I shop by colour and shape, and worry about setting them all later.

And yes, my husband thinks I''m crazy.
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome collection Lauren!

You should update your other thread with that little story...how cool that she let you have it for your troubles! Very kind of her and it certainly is such a pretty little bauble.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous collection Lauren. I still love the pad too. It is such a beautiful color and I am glad she let you keep it.

What a wonderful sister you are and the peridot is beautiful. Your sister will love it.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous collection LTP! I am glad the lady gave you an offer you couldn't refuse for the BE pad! No one except us will ever know otherwise!
2.gif
I think it is gorgeous and looks like a million bucks in that LOGR setting. Love the way your jeweler does the prongs too!!!!

ETA: I was so caught up in that glorious looking pad ring that I forgot to tell you how gorgeous the Barry stones are!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, TGal! I think her 10 ct. is likely BE now that I know the origin of mine, so she somehow convinced her husband to give her this generous gift, and because my insisting that we get the Pad certed, she had leverage, and he CAVED! The DBTY necklace is ~20 ct. total weight and althought they''re not ACAs, it''s a lovely piece!

Linda - Thank you! When I decide what to do with the BE pad, I''ll be paging you again for help finding a gently heated pad.
2.gif

CCN - Thank you so much! It took quite a few visits to my jeweler to get him to figure out how to do claws. And, they''re not Leon prongs, but they''ll do!
1.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 6:12:29 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Thanks, TGal! I think her 10 ct. is likely BE now that I know the origin of mine, so she somehow convinced her husband to give her this generous gift, and because my insisting that we get the Pad certed, she had leverage, and he CAVED! The DBTY necklace is ~20 ct. total weight and althought they''re not ACAs, it''s a lovely piece!

Linda - Thank you! When I decide what to do with the BE pad, I''ll be paging you again for help finding a gently heated pad.
2.gif

CCN - Thank you so much! It took quite a few visits to my jeweler to get him to figure out how to do claws. And, they''re not Leon prongs, but they''ll do!
1.gif

LTP, I requested claws on my current project. It will be interesting to see how they come out. I am hearing more and more from jewelers that it truly is an art and a patient one at that to do claws. I am sure your jeweler will perfect them with you giving him your ongoing projects.
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Verrrry nice! You are so thoughtful do make a ring for your sis, LTP!

You should definitely update your pad story. How nice that you got to keep it, after all of that!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, lovely, lovely!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
As always, such beautiful pictures of your lovely stones!!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
They''re all nice, but that peridot is really something!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 9:23:06 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Oh Lauren - that Be-treated Pad is really pretty in that setting - it just glows
30.gif
Ditto!

Nice result Lauren!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your kind words, everyone!

I got them both set!

First up, the peridot next to my OEC.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The tourmaline.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tourmaline again . . .

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Peridot on the finger.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Profile of the tourmaline.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hand shot with flash.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
With my bezel ring.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another hand shot.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bad news, guys - they don''t fit on just one finger anymore!

original.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results