shape
carat
color
clarity

Just a few questions on girdle and color/clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ShadowRider750

Rough_Rock
Okay, this post was a little long winded. I shortened it to ease of reading....

Greetings all,
First I must thank pricescope.com for having a VERY informative and exceptional tutorial on diamonds. My buddy from college referred me to this page and I have learned more about diamonds than I ever expected to, and I'm glad I did.

I have found a diamond on Whiteflash.com (another great site) that fit my budget and my requirements. One is AGS-4007407, and I'm thinking this one may be in the top 3 choices for an engagement ring. It's ratings on the HCA are excellent (1.5) , but I'm not sure about the girdle.

Girdle 1.0% to 1.6% Faceted

Will this be safe for a 4 prong tiffany style solitare ring? From what I understand, it *should* be.

My second question is with the SI1 clarity and the E color, it should still sparkle as well as a D IF, according to the "What to buy" section of pricescope's tutorial.

Thanks!
ShadowRider750

ShadowRider750

Rough_Rock
I think I found my answer via searching the forum. According to leonid, the girdle percentage is thin to medium, mostly medium. This should be fine for the tiffany 4 prong ring.

If anyone disagrees, please contribute.

ShadowRider750
1.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just a consumer but I have read that thin to medium is fine also. I have seen lots of superideal cut diamonds from whiteflash and goodoldgold which have 0.7% as part of their range so 1% is not the thinnest range within 'Thin'.

I have also read about colour that there is more difference between E and F than there is between D and E so I would think unless you are an expert with masterstones or have very good colour accuity that you would not be able to tell the difference between D and E.

SI1 should not affect the sparkle of the stone the main thing is that the stone is eyeclean which is normal in an SI1 but not always. I would think that you would be fine with a Superideal though.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The girdle should be fine as you already learned. Since this is a White Flash A Cut Above H&A, WF physically has this diamond in stock. You can call them and ask about the inclusions. Brian Gavin will pull the diamond out and discuss it with you over the phone.

I have an SI1 ACA H&A from WF and it is very clean. Your's should be extremely beautiful and sparkly!

Good Luck with your purchase!
2.gif

ShadowRider750

Rough_Rock
Thank you pyramid and pqcollectibles for your input. I think this will be the stone for my fiancee's engagement ring. I'll get the diamond and have them set it into one of their rings and ship it out as a whole.

Pricescope.com is great!

ShadowRider750

Rough_Rock
Pqcollectibles, you said the girdle "shouldn't be fine"? I thought the thin to medium girdle was ok?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I started to say "shouldn't be a problem" and changed mid stream. I edited the post. LOL

One thing you might want to consider doing, if you have time, is have them ship the diamond to you loose. White Flash ships a great H&A viewer kit with the diamond. If you go loose first, you can have the experience of seeing the internal patterns. Viewing the Hearts and Arrows just adds to the overall diamond buying experience.
9.gif

ShadowRider750

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the reply. I see the edit now
1.gif

I definitely am having fun with this purchase. Buying diamonds for less than what retail charges, AND they're better quality!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Sooooo True, Shadow! And the folks at White Flash are great! Small to large, they treat each client as if you are their most important. Brian wanted me to enjoy my diamond buying experience and I most certainly did. Lesley, Brian, and all the folks at White Flash made it that way for me!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results