shape
carat
color
clarity

Jussie Smollett

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have any thoughts they'd like to share about what occured, how he is being treated, the Nigerian brothers involvement etc?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have any thoughts they'd like to share about what occured, how he is being treated etc?

I think this is a topic that doesn't need any more discussion than it is getting in the press.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty simple to me. If he did it, he should suffer the legal and professional consequences. If he's innocent, he's owed apologies from several sources and whatever the settlement amount from the law suit that would follow.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's pretty simple to me. If he did it, he should suffer the legal and professional consequences. If he's innocent, he's owed apologies from several sources and whatever the settlement amount from the law suit that would follow.

He is already contending with legal and professional consequences. He has been charged with a felony and suspended from his work. Media reps who were at first supportive have expressed disappointment and outrage at being duped. I think this is typical of "liberal" folk. They tend not to defend egregious acts or engage in "whataboutism." If they behaved like non-liberals Al Franken would still be in the Senate and Ivanka Trump's email situation would still be in the news.

Personally, I think it looks pretty bad for him but I feel he's entitled to due process.

What do you think @rockhoundofficiando? Were you hoping to find some Smollett defenders?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is a topic that doesn't need any more discussion than it is getting in the press.
Were there any discussions on MSNBC and CNN?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20 detectives and hundreds if not thousands of man hours directed solely to investigating this hoax. City resources diverted from where they are needed. What a loathsome individual.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

There was this today:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/24/us/smollett-race-blake-analysis/index.html

So amusing that non-liberals are disappointed that liberals aren't defending this guy!:lol:
You poor things. Are you upset that there just isn't that much more to say at this point? Don't worry, there'll be a trial and the news cycle distraction will begin again. I feel for ya. It's like the zookeeper put the red meat down, let you sniff it, and then swiped it away after you only got a lick.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad the police chief didn't hold back his disgust in the press conference.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is already contending with legal and professional consequences. He has been charged with a felony and suspended from his work. Media reps who were at first supportive have expressed disappointment and outrage at being duped. I think this is typical of "liberal" folk. They tend not to defend egregious acts or engage in "whataboutism." If they behaved like non-liberals Al Franken would still be in the Senate and Ivanka Trump's email situation would still be in the news.

Personally, I think it looks pretty bad for him but I feel he's entitled to due process.

What do you think @rockhoundofficiando? Were you hoping to find some Smollett defenders?

you said it better than I could!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t feel disgusted by what Smollett did. There has also been non stop coverage of this story after Smollett’s hoax was revealed, as there should be. Have you not seen Superintendent of Chicago Police Eddie Johnson’s press conference on this?

Trump tweeted about Smollett and yet said nothing about Christopher Hasson, a white supremacist who had been planning a terrorist attack in our country. That was predictable.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It was the main news story all night on CNN when the hoax was revealed. They reported from the Chicago Courhouse when Smollett’s bail was set and he walked out of the courtroom. They covered Eddie Johnson and Rahm Emanuel’s news conferences.

I amazed that you think this would not be a main news story on all news stations.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty sure this guy needs mental help. And it's really sickening how many resources were diverted so this joker could have his moment in the sun.

Of course I'm old enough to remember the Tawana Brawley case.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. So predictable. Like this one incident absolves ALL the racist attacks that have taken place since circus peanut took office. :lol::lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. So predictable. Like this one incident absolves ALL the racist attacks that have taken place since circus peanut took office. :lol::lol:
I don’t know how you draw that parallel. Or find humor. This harms race relations for everyone in the city of Chicago. It can harm legitimate hate crime victims from coming forward. We just went through the horrific Laquan Mcdonald shooting and are raw from that outcome. These are deep seated and long standing racial issues here.
This hoax, if to be believed, would entail black on black violence. In the name of MAGA? Is that what you find so predictable?

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know how you draw that parallel. Or find humor. This harms race relations for everyone in the city of Chicago. It can harm legitimate hate crime victims from coming forward. We just went through the horrific Laquan Mcdonald shooting and are raw from that outcome. These are deep seated and long standing racial issues here.
This hoax, if to be believed, would entail black on black violence. In the name of MAGA? Is that what you find so predictable?

Pretty easy to draw that parallel. Go to social media- go read posts from conservatives. Go to twitter. Go to any conservative TV show (I consider fox news a show, not news,) listen to any conservative radio show, read the articles. I find a ton of humor in reading stupid posts from stupid Trump supporters who take this one incident to prove every victim is a "liar." But hey!

It starts from the top down. Everyone speaking out against Trump is a "liar" according to Trump and all his cronies.

Your post really kind of proves the point I was making....

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty easy to draw that parallel. Go to social media- go read posts from conservatives. Go to twitter. Go to any conservative TV show (I consider fox news a show, not news,) listen to any conservative radio show, read the articles. I find a ton of humor in reading stupid posts from stupid Trump supporters who take this one incident to prove every victim is a "liar." But hey!

It starts from the top down. Everyone speaking out against Trump is a "liar" according to Trump and all his cronies.

Your post really kind of proves the point I was making....
Soxfan have you listened to Chicago police superintendent Eddie Johnson speak on this at all? Maybe you should.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with what Matata says. It's prosecutable and sets things back for real victims of hate crimes. I do remember when I first read it, I was suprised. Urban Chicago is definitely NOT MAGA country so the whole incident seemed bizarre and didn't make a lot of sense to me from the outset. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt as I would anyone who reports a crime.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This idiot could have had started big riots all over the country and the left is still protecting him. :wall:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This idiot could have had started big riots all over the country and the left is still protecting him. :wall:

I know, it's an outrage! That's why I had to move out of Trollsylvania. The leftists there are cuh-ray-zee! You should seriously consider moving out as well. Come over to Realityville with the rest of us!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at Twitter @Bonfire ?
Nope. I read the Chicago Tribune and watch local Chicago news stations and the Associated Press. My comments on this subject don’t reflect Twitter chatter or partisan politics. Just a local perspective.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. I read the Chicago Tribune and watch local Chicago news stations and the Associated Press. My comments on this subject don’t reflect Twitter chatter or partisan politics. Just a local perspective.

Wait wait wait WAIT.... you don't read the "President of the United States" 16 tweets a day on twitter but you want me to watch your local police chief press conference? Because I need to understand why the Jessie Smollet incident is so important to your and your community?

Wow.

:???:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Partisan politics. Good one. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lordy! @stracci2000 haven't seen those peanuts since like 1966! I loved them.. so pass one over to me.. as to the topic I think Mr Smollett is an idiot and will have set the back black believability factor by years and give fodder to racist idiots who will bring it up ad infinitum every time a black person states racism was involved in their attack/whatever, and as he's gay he's pretty much done the same for gays.. if this is true. you can't change stupid. AND his career is over, totally over. I'll take another peanut please ;-)

peace.

(ETA I dont think there is a word believability, maybe there is, but if there isn't I want creds!! and if there is, I guess I'm just a smarty pants ;-) )

@Tekate
Circus peanut! :lol::lol:
15511982318162038865916.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait wait wait WAIT.... you don't read the "President of the United States" 16 tweets a day on twitter but you want me to watch your local police chief press conference? Because I need to understand why the Jessie Smollet incident is so important to your and your community?

Wow.

:???:
I would think you might actually be interested in some fact based information on this subject, but I guess not. That’s ok, go back to reading the garbage Trump spews on Twitter. No thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results