shape
carat
color
clarity

Jump To Page search box

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
on some of the more lengthy thread, not sure if this is feasible or not, but it would be nice to have a "jump to" page field box that could be next to the next arrow at the bottom (not sure if that makes sense)? ie: the eyecandy forum thread in the SMTR... I know I left off on say page 67, instead of hitting >, it would be nice to have a box to enter the page number you want to land on. Just a thought though.
Thank you.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion D&T, we will look into it.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hey D&T, along the same lines, someone gave this great tip in another thread:

Date: 8/25/2009 10:52:34 PM
Author:TanDogMom
hello! Thank you for running a wonderful forum!

Just a few small suggestions: It can be hard to find the post I want to read in a long thread. These days I look mostly on the Family Home and Health section. Some of the threads are many pages long. When I search a particular term, say, 'bugaboo stroller', I might get directed to a thread (preggos thread) that is over 700 pages long! I don't know of a way to read the exact post(s) that pertain to my topic. So, I might end up starting a duplicate thread to request info that has already been asked and given before.

On a similar note, it can be hard to navigate within a thread to find the page that I want. For example, the preggos thread (again, over 700 pages long). Say that I want to read about something that happened some time ago. It is hard to go back to, say, page 500 without going through a cumbersome process of clicking on the arrows over and over. It would be awesome if you could 'jump to page xx' and indicate what page you want to see. The same option would be helpful when searching posts by author.

Thanks again for considering everyone's feedback and for a great forum!
Hey TDM, I had the same issue with the pregnancy thread and thought I'd help you out until there is a solution.

If you look at the web address it usually goes like this: [/url]

If you know that you want to read something on page 500, you can just change the pageNo=732 to pageNo=500 and it'll take you to page 500.

I thought that was pretty helpful!
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 9:27:35 PM
Author: Lynn B

Hey D&T, along the same lines, someone gave this great tip in another thread:

Date: 8/25/2009 10:52:34 PM
Author:TanDogMom
hello! Thank you for running a wonderful forum!

Just a few small suggestions: It can be hard to find the post I want to read in a long thread. These days I look mostly on the Family Home and Health section. Some of the threads are many pages long. When I search a particular term, say, ''bugaboo stroller'', I might get directed to a thread (preggos thread) that is over 700 pages long! I don''t know of a way to read the exact post(s) that pertain to my topic. So, I might end up starting a duplicate thread to request info that has already been asked and given before.

On a similar note, it can be hard to navigate within a thread to find the page that I want. For example, the preggos thread (again, over 700 pages long). Say that I want to read about something that happened some time ago. It is hard to go back to, say, page 500 without going through a cumbersome process of clicking on the arrows over and over. It would be awesome if you could ''jump to page xx'' and indicate what page you want to see. The same option would be helpful when searching posts by author.

Thanks again for considering everyone''s feedback and for a great forum!
Hey TDM, I had the same issue with the pregnancy thread and thought I''d help you out until there is a solution.

If you look at the web address it usually goes like this: [/url]

If you know that you want to read something on page 500, you can just change the pageNo=732 to pageNo=500 and it''ll take you to page 500.

I thought that was pretty helpful!
1.gif

aha.... Thanks Lynn, didn''t know that especially when searching but very helpful! thank you.

My jump box was just a generic one though, not really specific search but I''ll try and see if it works if I just type in like a page number as well...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results