shape
carat
color
clarity

Judging Ring Quality

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msftbll88

Rough_Rock
After talking with my girlfriend and secretly with some of her friends, I''ve determined her ideal style would be the Tiffany Legacy. I''ve looked around for rings of similar style, but none of the rings look quite right. I''ve therefore decided to buy an actual Tiffany Legacy engagement ring.

My question is what I need to do to judge the quality of the ring when I go to pick it out. Being that the ring will be a considerable amount of money, and the very little amount of knowledge I have on diamonds, I am worried about being ripped off, or overpaying for a ring.

So my question is, what should I be looking for? The main diamond is a cushion cut. From what I''ve read, this cut won''t be as brilliant as the traditional cut diamond. What kind of brilliance should I be expecting from a cushion cut then? Will an ideal diamond be navigating planes with the explosion of light from the diamond, or will it be a lot more subtle?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
My advice would be to go and see for yourself the difference between cushions and rounds. Sometimes what you always thought you would like is not at all what appeals to you in person. Go play.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results