shape
carat
color
clarity

Jubilee Right Hand Ring Ideas....Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

Hello all,

After saving as much money as I did by using Pricescope (somehow there seems to be some weird logic in that), I was going to get another gift for my wife.I was considering some 1 ctw studs or a bracelet of some sort, until I saw the Jubilee.

Well I think I’ve decided to make a right hand ring featuring a jubilee or another square.I don’t want it to look like an e-ring, so I was thinking I should keep the diamond size down to about 0.5 to 0.6 carats.Now since I admit that I’m not the most creative type, I’m really looking for your help with ideas.

My thoughts were a jubilee center flanked by two triangular shaped blue sapphires (if such things exist) mounted in a simple basket type setting.I know this not very original, but; it’s all I can think of.

sad.gif

Please if you have any other ideas or suggestions, bring them on!

Thanks in advance

bling

Shiny_Rock
im too jealous to help you, so sorry..cant help ya...hahah..just kidding..wow..shes is one lucky lady. i think a jubilee flanked by two colored stones would look fantastic! its such a classic design...or you could do smaller fancy cut diamonds...there are just sooo many possiblities! good luck..and please post pics when your done! we loooove the eye candy!
speaking of eye candy..ive seen lots of those jubilees on hold..so i better start see'in some pics soon..hehehe...
appl.gif
rodent.gif
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm jealous, too! Your wife is very lucky!!!

Personally, I like your original earring idea better, EVEN THOUGH, of course the Jubilee is a gorgeous looking stone, just because your wife just got a new ring and she may want to balance things out with a nice gorgeous pair of earrings (what about Regent cut ones) or possibly a Jubilee pendant instead? Just some other ideas to think about.

Good luck deciding. I wish I had such stressful things to concern myself with
1.gif

Michelle

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! This is haaaard !!!
9.gif

I barely know what I would want. However, this super square cut would lend itself nicely to a very clasic design: maybe three stones of the same size and CUT, diamond in the middle and two color sides? Such pieces really are beyond fashion and having the three stones matched for cut would, in my view, emphasize what the diamond does best and add a serious amount of class to the piece.

One would always hear mentioned such a match between stones when estate pieces are under scrutiny
rolleyes.gif
simply because making the piece would involve custom cutting - and this extra mile makes all the difference.

It wold not be all that hard to get two (blue or fancy)sapphires/rubies/tsavorite cut with a matching pavilion for good measure.

It is quite hard to find such rings - not very usual at all and always admired
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's what prompted the idea... Their newsletter just popped up today...

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I like starting with the three-stone concept and working from there. this avoids the eRing look and is very flexible in terms of design and side stones.

It's going to be stunning--post pics!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 4/22/2004 10:36:25 PM valeria101 wrote:

It wold not be all that hard to get two (blue or fancy)sapphires/rubies/tsavorite cut with a matching pavilion for good measure.

----------------

Ana,

Do you know where I might get this done and BTW what's a tsavorite?

Do you guys think that 3 same size same cut stones would be considered more formal. I'm looking for a casual design that could be worn all the time.

Michelle, Just changed the old 1 carat e-ring stone into a pendant, so earrings were the next choice. However a right hand ring is sentimental as it will replace the first ring that I bought for her when we were dating which she doesn't wear much now. I took her to one of those large jewelry super centers, you know the ones with many separate vendors, like a flea market I guess

6.gif
. Boy what little I knew about buying jewelry back then. It was only a few hundred bucks, but meaningful then. I amazed at how much better stuff you can buy for $200 on-line these days.

Please keep those ideas coming!

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/22/2004 11:10:10 PM noobie wrote:

... BTW what's a tsavorite?

----------------

A tsavorite is a type of green garnet named after the Tsavo Natl Park, Kenya. If I have my facts here
rolleyes.gif
, the garnet is found close to or even on the park itself. Here's a pic of one.
791sm.jpg

Back to the question at hand, I like another design whereby the center stone is flanked with colored stones cut in half moon shape or trillions (or other shapes). Let me dig a pic of what I meant..

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
The pic is a wee bit *big*. But imagine a Jubilee instead of a cushion cut in the middle.

C4421.jpg

Now that I'm looking at it again, it looks a little too engagement ring-y for my taste. Sorry..
sad.gif

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Here is a right hand ring by Daniel K that I would modify. It is really unique looking and definetly does not give off the engagement ring vibe. I am trying to imagine with a jubilee.....

righthand.jpg

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/22/2004 11:33:23 PM eyesoftexas wrote:

Here is a right hand ring by Daniel K that I would modify. It is really unique looking and definetly does not give off the engagement ring vibe. I am trying to imagine with a jubilee.....----------------

EyeofTexas... I was just looking for a picture of a ring that looks almost *exactly* like that...

But different, of course.
9.gif
9.gif
I'm a colored gem nut, after all..
11.gif
9.gif

Here it is.

10.jpg

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
One more pic, and I promise I'll stop.
9.gif

This design doesn't look like an e-ring to me. But it may to others. But I thought I'd throw it into the mix.
r118-05W.jpg

limey

Shiny_Rock
I am in a similar boat to Noobie. I am so under budget thanks to the Jubilee's spread so I am tempted to do another project. The wife already knows too much about the 10th anniversary project, so a little surprise, perhaps a right-hand ring would be cool. I have found an amazing RB pink diamond that I am considering... .19 ct, Natural Pink, Intense, VS2, Even color, 3.75 mm, but not cheap.. any ideas? Sorry to hijack the thread, here is the real reason i replied.

Not a bad idea for the Jube, found at http://www.adiamondisforever.com/hot

wh_poup_AYRG109_10.jpg

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Wow you read my mind on this second right hand ring. Looks like a Daniel K knockoff. Either way I really like the look for a right hand ring because it is so so so unusual.

righthand2.jpg

wallace

Shiny_Rock
OHHHHHHH! How luck - there's nothing flawed in that logic - save money, buy more! I'm sure she has eanred it - is that a new baby...

I like the three stone idea - you can get some gorgeous triangular cut sapphires from www.faceters.com (I have purchased form him and highly recommend his work). ALso, Richard Homer does some really knock out work with gems. CCHeck out both these sights to see the variety and complaxity of gem cuts available.

I also like the settings some of the people posted here - I have a few of them in my future-right-hand (Royal Asscher) folder! THe two smaller stones are lovely. But, I'm a gemstone fan! My left hand will be solid white by the time I get married - I like the idea of adding some colour. ). Garnets are my fav.! Tsavorites are a type of green green garnet originating from the Tsavo region of I think Tanzania (or is in Kenya). Valeria can tell you all about them!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/22/2004 11:10:10 PM noobie wrote:

Do you guys think that 3 same size same cut stones would be considered more formal. I'm looking for a casual design that could be worn all the time.

----------------

No... I didn't think so. Actually, even if these rings can pack allot of value, they can even be stacked! Besides, three 5-6mm squares would be substantial (on a small finger) but not a serious overstatement for every day use.

The link in my second post led to an example of stones, and there are a few guys you can order a matched pair of the color you want (the stones I lined up are the clasiscal choice for each basic color, and whatever you might want I can assure you that there is a suitable gem for it).

(picture below
1.gif
)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much easier for me to take pen and paper than hunt down a good pre-existing match, but this time it worked
1.gif
The rings below would keep their look for the size and type of stones you have in mind (the line-up shows the Jubilee with two sapphire radiants). Three stone sof matching size and lined up at the same height, would not look like a second e-ring - I suppose. At 5-6mm width, the piece would not be 'uncasual', but more of the blessed type that goes nicely from day into night with dignity. In my view, of course
1.gif

bluejb.JPG

limey

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/23/2004 1:16:07 AM eyesoftexas wrote:

Wow you read my mind on this second right hand ring. Looks like a Daniel K knockoff. Either way I really like the look for a right hand ring because it is so so so unusual.----------------

I just thought. I remember one post on PS where a jeweler mistakenly mounted a Regent with the prongs on the edges and not the corners. You may want to check with GOG if this type of mounting will be possible with the jubilee. I believe you need to leave the long edges free to let light in through the thick girdle. I may be totally wrong. In this design the stones cover each other up on the center edges slightly.

bling

Shiny_Rock
she gets a jubilee and a right hand ring...now im really jealous..hehehe..
everyones ideas are so drewl worthy..you have so many great ideas to choose from..please come back with pics when this project is complete!
1.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that Leon Mege pic..I think it's LM ? The last one Kat posted. YUMMY and perfect for Jubilee!
1.gif

I'm not a fan of same size stones all lined up. I think that it takes something away from the center stone, and unless that is the idea....then I would want the center stone to stand out the most. Something like a Jubilee should get the most attention, the color stones to me are a bonus act.

I love blues and greens but blues with icy white are my fave for rings. What about the Jubilee with some beautiful aquamarines? It's different than sapphires and may be slightly cheaper depending on quality. I love the look of white pave diamonds with aquas...beautiful!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Like Mara, I'm really fond of that Art of Platinum ring. It's partly why I no longer mind the gap between my e-ring and w-ring--it resembles that type of design!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
This is great, thanks for the ideas! I'm more confused now, but have some great ideas. I kind of like three same size stones look and was leaning towards it, but I remember now I asked my wife if she wanted a 3 x 1 carat A-ring and she prefered a larger center. I still think they look classy. May still go with it.

What do you think about the the art of platinum ring style with side trillion shaped sapphires filling in the gap? Too much?

I just spoke to Jonathan about mounting and some stone options as well. It can be mounted from side in a tension type, but girdle is thick.

He has access to many more than are listed. Has some 0.5s coming in as well. He has a pair of matched .28's. Accent side stones or jubilee earrings anyone?

Anyways much more to think about. I'm getting the feeling this is going to be harder than the A-ring to figure out.

A few more questions:

She likes amythests. Do you think they can hold their own with a Jubilee or would it look washy?

Do you guys think I should surprise her or ask her what she would prefer? Probably make a good poll question.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are this confused...what about presenting her with the loose stone? It would be so much fun for her to play with it and then you can choose and decide on a setting together..and it would be one she was entirely on board with.

Oooh .50 stones and a pair of .28c's ?! AHH!!! Pendant and earrings!

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
I'm with Mara on this one...
11.gif

I l
love.gif
ve the idea of presenting her with the Jubilee and letting her design the perfect right hand ring to her heart's content!!

And I'd think that option will be easier on you too... You don't have to guess what she'll like.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 4/23/2004 1:47:41 PM Mara wrote:

If you are this confused...what about presenting her with the loose stone? It would be so much fun for her to play with it and then you can choose and decide on a setting together..and it would be one she was entirely on board with.

----------------
Hmm, A Jubilee in one of GOG's lighted boxes and a few pictures of some ideas that were posted here ... sounds like it might just work. A surprise and a chance to design at the same time.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 4/23/2004 1:47:41 PM Mara wrote:

----------------

YES YES YES!! I agree with Mara. A chance to play with the stone and the opportunity to be involved with the design to put it in!!

Mara, would you talk to my husband?? Pretty please?? The day he surprises me with a gorgeous loose stone to play with is the day that pigs will fly or he!! will freeze over.

Noobie, your wife is gonna love this!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha Ha ice...sure...but you may just want to tell him the story of the lovely noobie on Pscope who is surprising his wife with this loose stone so they can choose a setting together, isn't that a LOVELY gift? HINT HINT.
2.gif
I always drop these stories to Greg and hope that one day one of them will actually stick...hehee.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/23/2004 12:39:26 PM noobie wrote:

#1 What do you think about the the art of platinum ring style with side trillion shaped sapphires filling in the gap?

#2 I just spoke to Jonathan about mounting and some stone options as well. It can be mounted from side in a tension type, but girdle is thick.

#3 She likes amythests. Do you think they can hold their own with a Jubilee or would it look washy

----------------

Well... 0.2 more
4.gif
by the numbers:

#1; The model looks great on smaller stones (the second, with the split shank, I assume, the first would look very different with a smaller center than that honker) but 'filling' the gap will chnge everything in the design - actually the sapphires would have to float pegged to the center only and with the third tip in the air - quite unusual, or else the whole thing becomes a typical ring with side stones. How about having sapphires pave ont he two shanks - maybe?

#2: you might get one of those tenson-look-alikes with some bridge underneath - if feasible. Something like the Cartier bezel solitaire... I suppose. Not bad
1.gif

#3: yikes! you might like the look but quartz has nowhere near the sparkle of diamonds. But violet sapphires do
1.gif
Actually they really save the day for purple stones - no other gems would combine this color with decent sparkle, unfortunately.
sad.gif
This is a Q for the jeweler - anyone should have some ametysts to show. Great cutting does make a difference, but the RI of these is unremediably low - great for cab-lovers like me
1.gif

PS: colored stones look larger than life near diamonds of same actual size... so you may want to mention this trick to the ring maker. It is a rather common strategy to use slightly smaller colored stones if you want to achieve the "same size" look (if you go this way) - but he might not mention this, who knows
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results