shape
carat
color
clarity

Jubilee, Queen of Hearts, Regent???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
So what is the actual difference between these different "cuts"? They all seem pretty much the same to me, great optical symetry, arrows, good spread et al.

Rhino, you''d probably have a good answer for this one, since I think you sell all of the above.

limey

Shiny_Rock
Jubilee is the new one. It has the form factor of the QOH (more square) yet the optics of the Regent. The Regent is a little more rounded. So the Jubilee is probably the most ideal. It gets VH/VH/VH on B'Scope for square and blows away most rounds on the round setting too. I got one for my wife and it is very pretty. Get in line!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you wanted to line up the three for how close to square they are, the order woud be "QOH - Jubilee - regent" - with the Regent being the most rounded. The table of the regent is round too adding to the "cushion" look. There wasn't as much talk about the Queen of Harts, although it is the "squarest" of the three.

I am not sure at all that the differences betwene the three would appear strong in person, but the cut models are definitely different.
read.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also had a Q about these...If the aim was to produce a H&A square, than the QOH is the most square of these three H&A designs! But more attention is given to the Regent and Jubilee (at elast on PS). Is this so in general?

It seems to me that the QOH model shows harts and arrows for a much narrower set of proportions than the other two, and this would explain why it would not be preffered. Not that the others allow for much variation. Those stones are nearly IDENTICAL by numbers!

SQRd.JPG

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Valeria... YOU ROCK GIRL!!! Great post. I was going to attach the .gem files but you're images did a fine job of capturing the look of each. Let me make one correction however. The Queen of Hearts is not an H&A stone. Hearts only while the other 2 are H&A.

Here are a couple of shots I took of the 3 side by side. In order ... Regent, Jubilee, & Queen of Hearts.

/idealbb/files/DSCN6146.JPG

/idealbb/files/DSCN6153.JPG

In brief.

Regents, while described as square modified brilliants (on lab reports) are a little more on the cushiony side. We've had mixed reactions regarding it's shape (not beauty). Some who have seen it said it was not square enough for their taste while others who thought it woudln't be, upon seeing it decided it indeed was. Among the world of modified fancies it's optics are among the best.

Jubilee is similar in shape to many square modifieds like Flandres, Lucere, Dream except it is the only H&A within it's respective shape and it's optics are 2nd to none. As limey pointed out it's optics surpass most round brilliant cuts on the market as well. There are so many bennies about the Jubilee ... too much to go into here but I have a full tutorial on this cut which we have posted here on the PS forum & on our site. 2 major bennies to the Jubilee are the size (spread factor) and optics that can't be touched. My only complaint about the Jubilee is I can't get them fast enough.

The Queen of Hearts is perhaps the best alternative to a radiant. Most radiants leak like sieves and the Queen (although not an H&A stone) has optics that are extraordinary. It also has a serious spread factor going for it as well and just about all of them cut are perfect 1:1 ratios. Of the 3 they possess the largest tables and due to the short tapered corners and longer sides are perhaps the squarest looking of the batch.

Hope that helps.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Btw the stones specifically in those pics are a 1.04ct E VS2 Regent, 1.09ct D VVS1 Jubilee & 1.29ct G SI1 Queen of Hearts.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
Thanks a lot for the explanation. It makes a lot more sense now.
In the pictures that you posted, what are the relative carat weights? If the Jubilee has the most spread, then the QofH must be a larger stone??

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL... I must have been reading your mind syl cause I answered your question right above your post!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I don't care for the QoH large table...as compared to the other two. The Jub carries a larger spread over the Regent...you can see it in the pictures. That equals more bang for your buck IMO. But I love my Regent too, in an ideal world I'd have a Regent AND a Jubilee....heheee, first month anniversary gift?
12.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the side by side, Jonathan. The QoH is a really nice alternative for those who want a really square stone. They're all really gorgeous.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is an awesome shot Cary just sent me of the 3 cuts side by side which also make for an excellent comparison of the 3.

/idealbb/files/67QOH64JU68REG.jpg

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Great picture. The Jubilee looks great. I think my girlfriend will love it. I'm glad I found PS and GOG.

Terri-Jo

Rough_Rock
Rhino,
I've noticed that you haven't got any more QoH's in for a while, are you going to get any more?
Terri

Terri-Jo

Rough_Rock
I also wanted to ask of the 3 which is the cheapest or all they all priced comparably?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
While we regularly stock Regent and Jubilee's we only call in Queens on a needs basis for our clients.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results