shape
carat
color
clarity

Jubilee Cut

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
A 1stdibs dealer is offering an oddity, a 1.67-carat K color loose stone, visibly yellow, for $24,000! The price is supposedly justified by the fact that it is a Jubilee cut, patented by David C. Townsend in honor of Victoria’s jubilee. Can’t find out a lot about him or the cut. Does anyone have thoughts on the cut or the price?

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I see this one was cut by Townsend himself. It’s supposed to have extra sparkle because it comes to a point!

Last edited:

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
"point" as in culet? I don't think that stone is VS1 either unless it hasn't been cleaned in decades.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
No, a point at the center of what would ordinarily be the table!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewels by Grace has listed a few in the past you can see what hers have sold for.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Eight facets meet at the top to form a subtle peak.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
That price was just $14K from Grace. Sirry for the typo, which I can’t seem to fix on my phone.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1st Dibs is almost always overpriced. I haven't checked into jewelry much but other antiques are usually 25% above market on 1st Dibs. If you can figure out the dealer and contact them directly, the price will be more in line with market. 1st Dibs has high fees for their service.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eek!
I would never buy such a diamond.
I suffer from trypophobia which is an adverse feeling towards things with “holes” and that cut set me off :confused2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to see one in person

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results