shape
carat
color
clarity

JTV, GSN, DSN or others pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I''ll start with 4 pictures. The first one is a cushion cut yellow sapphire of 4.60 cts A bad pic of a beautiful stone.

IMG_2407_1_2_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
#2 is a very light pink sapphire. It is 1.80 cts

IMG_2361_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
# 3 is a 4.50 ct peridot.

IMG_2381_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Those were all from JTV. This next one is from GSN asian collectibls. It is a 6.96ct spinel. It is one of my favorites because of the silk in it makes it look as if it glows.

IMG_2297_1_1.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you started this thread! Maybe we'll drive some other TV shoppers out of the closet!
1.gif

widget

widget

Ideal_Rock
wow...that spinel is yummy!

OK, my turn. These are all from GSN. This is the first stone I ever bought from them: Spessertite, 5.35cts:

Spessertite 5.35cts.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
This 3.0ct unheated colorchange sapphire came from the Asian Collectables show:

cc.sapph3cts.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
....and this 3.25ct tsavorite was also from Asian Collectables:

3.25 tsav.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
Finally, here are two deco rings from Sam''s Estate Jewelry show.

On the left: an alex (the ring originally had an aqua in it); and on the right: emerald cab...

Uswyitched.jpg

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! That spessartite is super ORANGE !!!!
I like the side by side pics of the cc sapphire which is very beautiful.
A tsavorite over three cts that looks like that !!!
That is quite a collection you have there widget.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, cmw!

You were sure right about making lower offers to the asian colectable guy. I got the tsav. for less than half of what he was asking...and I''ve been following the prices for tsavorites since, and think I really got a really good deal..

widget

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Glad I was able to help. I was looking at a 5ct+ tsavorite in a mans ring on that show. Those tsavs. are very expensive in larger sizes. Sadly my cable co. no longer carries GSN so all I can do is watch on the net at dial up speed. What a drag. I do it though. I am such a gem junkie.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few that have been mounted. the first is a blue spinel from JTV

Copy (1) of IMG_2208_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
This is a red spinel from GSN.It is 2.77 cts

Copy (1) of IMG_2221_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a 1.54 tsav garnet from JTV.

IMG_2214_2_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
And last for now. This is a 7.55 ct unheated sapphire from JTV.

IMG_2224_1_1.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh My Lord, what a collection you both have. Simply gorgeous. I have to get my digital out. I don''t have the collection you both have, but I have to take photo''s of what I do have. Our digital takes horrible pictures too.

I am also a gem junkie. ha ha ha ha ha.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just realized, we don''t get the Asian Collectibles show. GSN starts here at 4:00 PST and shuts off at midnight.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was watching Marvin''s show (GSN) and he said his Ceylon Sapphires are all natural, they are not heated. I wonder if that goes for all of the show hosts too.

Linda

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Looks like I am going to have to get my camera out. I forgot how to do the pics in a post...Gees.

Did you guys see the Tanzanite Marvin had last night on GSN for $500.00 ct?????
33.gif
Got me! I will probably send it back....
11.gif
Got so much already & what to do with it? ? ? ?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Connie,

No, I didn''t see it. He showed alot of Tanzanite yesterday. How big is the stone? If you like it, you could have a pendant made.

Guess what I did? He showed a padparadscha, a 1.22c and I bought it. LOL. It looked beautiful. Not sure how it will look in person. I hope it doesn''t have a big window in it. If it does, I am sending it back.

Glad to see you posting again this morning.

Linda

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Hey Linda,
35.gif

I probably will not like it because it will not be as dark as I would like. It is a 1.34 7 mm round portugese.I want a round...don''t ask why.Just have not found the right one yet!! Nothing adds up after that 12.53ct.They showed one after that that was top gem world class of course for more money, but still was not bad.Was thinking of paying more and maybe that one would be the ONE. Wish I had seen that one before I ordered this one. I had just orderd a cushion cut and then changed it for the round.Figured if I changed again they would bar me and that might not be a bad thing...LOL!I have ordered them (rounds from JTV & GSN) before and sent them back.I am persnickity.LOL!

OMG!
36.gif
So you got you a pod...You Go Girl!!!!
31.gif
Hope it is everything you hope it to be. I remember seeing one they showed and thought about you...WOW maybe it was yours!!!Wasn''t paying attention because I had my grandson spending the night.

Be sure and let us know as soon as you get it in!!!! Got my fingers crossed for you.What will you do with it?

Connie

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Connie,

If I like it, I will have a ring made.
9.gif
I like the one I have, but it is toooooooooo orange, almost a deep orange and not enough pink. I should have taken more time looking online for the right one.

The one I saw on Marvin''s show looked really nice, but we shall see. If I dont'' like it, I will send it back and search, until I find the perfect one. Aren''t I fussy? ha ha ha ha.

How old are your grandchildren? Mine are 6 and 4 and a half., both boys. In fact, they are coming over today to spend the day with us.

Linda

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2006 6:07:14 PM
Author: widget
I'm so glad you started this thread! Maybe we'll drive some other TV shoppers out of the closet!
1.gif

widget

Or turn us INTO TV-watchers!

HOLY COW!

I really don't watch much TV .... no time and I prefer reading in the evening (or surfing ps!).
But your purchases and anecdotes about these shows are seriously inviting!!

I gotta find the cable schedule and see if we get these shows................

Your gems are truly beautful (and I love your taste in settings widget & colourmyworld!)

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Linda....I like rings too. That way you can see it and enjoy, kinda hard to see your ear..lol! It is so hard to tell about something from a picture or on TV for that matter. Yes WE are fussy! I know I am.

My grandsons are 28 months and the one I keep (mine, just let him go home and visit) is 21 months.They make me tiered...lol! Enjoy your afternoon. Guess you will be off the computer.

dbgaap,

You better get with it...They have websites also that have live viewers. I have gotten some nice pieces for a fraction of what they would be in the retail world. JTV has a huge website also..Check it out.

Jewelry Television™ - Changing the way America buys Jewelry.™

Gem Shopping Network as seen on TV

Connie

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Hi dbgaap, Let caution be your watch word when veiwing these progams. With JTV returns are no problem with in the allowed time. ( 30 days from the time you get the item if under 500 dollars, 15 days if over 500 dollars ) With GSN returns are a little bit harder. 10 days and you must contact them for a RA # From what I can tell GSN has pretty good quality, But the prices on most pieces seem high to me. Except certain shows were the vendor is selling thier own stuff.
With JTV The prices are not as high but it is a bit of a crap shoot. When I was buying from them several years ago the " deals were a little eaiser to come by. Most of the things I got through thier on-line auction site.Before they were widely known. Good luck.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: colormyworld
Hi dbgaap, Let caution be your watch word when veiwing these progams.
Yeah, I agree.

The truth is I haven't bought anything from them in a long time. Now that I'm more comfortable with the internet, I much prefer that medium.

I think there are good deals on these shows, but there's a lot of bad ones, too.

widget

ETA: Conitta and Linda... So glad to hear there are other Grannies on this forum! I used to imagine I was the only one! Mine are two dorable girls, 5 and 7.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What do those initials stand for?
Thanks

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget: Yes I am a grannie all right ha ha ha ha. Ryan turned 6 in January and Drew will be 5 in October. They grow too darn fast for me. I miss cuddling them and rocking them. They just left after visiting us today. They wear us out, but we love it. We adore those two rascals.

Innerkitten: The initials stand for: Jewelry Television, Direction Shopping Network and Gem Shopping Network.

Linda

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Here are three pictures of one of my not so great deals from JTV. I beleive this is a veil in this spessartite. The color is fab. but it has very eye visable incusions. It is 2.86 cts and is a little over 9x7mm.

IMG_2296_1_1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results