shape
carat
color
clarity

J''''s white from the top? what about reports: when do ....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plunging

Rough_Rock
Ok,
The hard part is done. I have chosen the woman.

And the setting.

And the stone...sort of.

And now I am waiting for a jeweler to confirm the stone I have chosen is as advertised: an AGS, J, SI1, AGS1 cut (not bothing to list every detail, but I have read up on this great site, and the cut is excellent). According to the jeweler, he just received the stone and is waiting for the AGS report to arrive. This sounds shady and I am wondering if it is true.

Also, the setting is one preferred by my SO, and includes a "collar" of pave and baguettes set in platinum, which makes it impossible to see the stone from the side. After some hands-on research, I realized that I like a well-cut flourescent diamond better in this setting because the light it returns seems greater to my eye. An additional benefit of the "collar" is that inclusions are less obvious (but the this stone is "eye clean" anyway), and I could go with a lower color/more of a tint... so I could get a larger stone for the money (or the same size/cut stone for less money, as it were!). I am not seeking perfection (from the stone, anyway), but since I only veiwed mb fl stones loose, I am not sure how they face up next to baguettes and platinum. To me, they face up the same as an 2.5ct, H, VVS2, same cut.

The rock I am looking at is 2.5 carats. I am fairly certain that I trust the jeweler, but he wants a deposit while he waits for the AGS report.

1. does this AGS report delay scenario sound legit?
2. can I really expect this stone to "face up" white and look white and radiant surounded by platinum and baguettes?
3. any other hints?

Thanks in advance for your tremendous help.

All my best,

Plunging

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
1. does this AGS report delay scenario sound legit?

Hi,

Yes, this is the norm.

Diamonds are sent to the jeweler with maybe a copy of the report.

The original is sent after the jeweler tells the wholesaler that the stone is sold.

In other cases as well it is not unusal at all for the diamond to be there before the original report.

2. can I really expect this stone to "face up" white and look white and radiant surounded by platinum and baguettes?

Yes, especially if it has faint to med blue, remember to ask to see the baguettes to be sure you like the way they match.

3. any other hints?

Do something memorable when you propose, you will earn some major points
1.gif

plunging

Rough_Rock
Thanks!! That is all I needed to know. I am most appreciative, and I will do my best to show the PS faithful a photo of the finished product.

Thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results