shape
carat
color
clarity

JP decagon melee fire

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Another shout out for JannPaul! My Jann Paul right hand ring came today!
Shipped from Singapore Tuesday and arrived in LA today. The customer service with Chloe was impeccable. I asked for a video, so it extended the time from order to shipment bc they have to coordinate with the videographer and craftspeople. The video is still being edited and processed. No extra charge for the video.

They include a H&A scope in the box, and I can *easily* see the arrows on the decagon melees. Just can’t get my iPhone to take a photo of them. The video, however, shows the crazy fire from these tiny stones!

Thanks to @momofive and @DRSAMURAI and everyone else who has shared their JP journeys. One more tip, FedEx definitely wants the gram weight of gold in the email for the 5106.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It’s beautiful. I know how frustrating it is trying to capture the diamond on camera. It is what is. Everyone else has the same problem.
I’m still waiting for my 3 stone EC. Avery thought they sent it out last month for certification but it was only sent out last week so I probably won’t get it until September sometime.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Lovely design and the diamonds are so bright an fiery.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It’s beautiful. I know how frustrating it is trying to capture the diamond on camera. It is what is. Everyone else has the same problem.
I’m still waiting for my 3 stone EC. Avery thought they sent it out last month for certification but it was only sent out last week so I probably won’t get it until September sometime.

If my teeny ring gives of this much fire, yours will leave you speechless. Are you getting a video? Hope so!

spicyy-mango

Rough_Rock
Another shout out for JannPaul! My Jann Paul right hand ring came today!
Shipped from Singapore Tuesday and arrived in LA today. The customer service with Chloe was impeccable. I asked for a video, so it extended the time from order to shipment bc they have to coordinate with the videographer and craftspeople. The video is still being edited and processed. No extra charge for the video.

They include a H&A scope in the box, and I can *easily* see the arrows on the decagon melees. Just can’t get my iPhone to take a photo of them. The video, however, shows the crazy fire from these tiny stones!

Thanks to @momofive and @DRSAMURAI and everyone else who has shared their JP journeys. One more tip, FedEx definitely wants the gram weight of gold in the email for the 5106.

Beautiful ring! Do you know the size of the melee at the tip of the V? When you’re going about your day and admiring your ring can you tell it is decagon 10 melee instead of round 10 melee? Currently in design on a band and undecided on cut.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! Do you know the size of the melee at the tip of the V? When you’re going about your day and admiring your ring can you tell it is decagon 10 melee instead of round 10 melee? Currently in design on a band and undecided on cut.

Here's what they told me about the sizes:
The diameter ranges from 2.5mm (the centre Decagon), followed by 1.4mm & 1.7mm Decagons.

And I don't necessarily see 10-sides to my stones. I can feel the corners of the decagons every now and then. But there's definitely flash and scintillation and fire from these little decs!

Good luck with your band!

spicyy-mango

Rough_Rock
I can feel the corners of the decagons every now and then.

Thanks for the reply. Here are the Renders I received for some more context. The main stone should be an Octagon Nova, which is already cut and graded. Must've been a miscommunication with the rendering team.

Since my stone is an Octagon and not a Decagon, I'm on the fence about whether to go with Round (10 or 8 H&A) or Decagon 10 H&A for the wedding band melee.
  • The decagon is very "JP" and unique to the experience of working with them, but technically the decagon doesn't have same qty of sides as octagon so the stones aren't exactly mimicking the main stone. Also, at the scale of 0.1ct/ea. the sides are likely hard to notice for anyone but me. Your response gives me the impression that I might feel them more than I see them. :lol-2:
  • I received the wax mold for the engagement ring and a prior iteration of the wedding band, which was 0.06ct/ea. They sit flush, but it seems like the stones will likely hit and rub on the lowest part of the trellis setting and cut into the metal over time. I was impatient and told them to start producing the setting for the engagement ring while I waited for renders that increased the melee from 0.06 to 0.1 ct. I'm honestly thinking that rubbing and cutting into the metal over time will happen regardless of whether I opt for round or decagon melee.
  • I could maybe ask for the decagon melee to be set in the bubble band with the flat sides facing out/engagement ring and pointed ends under the single prong, but maybe the band will look more square than round at that point.
What do you think?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
The renders look amazing!

Gosh, have you asked them about the diamonds rubbing on the metal? They would know best. And even if they started, are they so far along that they can’t adjust?

As far as the melee, take a look at their IG posts. When you see the decagon melee, I don’t think you necessarily think it’s decagon melee. They have a Nova ring with melee next to it. I can’t tell if it’s dec or round. Maybe ask them what melee they used in those rings?

I don’t think I helped at all lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results