this is just superb
Your diamond
Leon’s work on your setting
But yeah - your vision, your drawing!
Gorgeous!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to hear from you @UrsTx! And what a joy to see your gorgeous new ring, it's amazing! Congrats and enjoy your new sparkly!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
this is just superb
Your diamond
Leon’s work on your setting
But yeah - your vision, your drawing!
Gorgeous!

Thank you so much! Happy Sunday!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a uniquely beautiful ring! I can't believe its the same diamond, I love the new setting

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
What a uniquely beautiful ring! I can't believe its the same diamond, I love the new setting

Thank you, I’m happy that I found a way to have my cake and eat it too ;)2

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Hi PSers. I transitioned into a lurker these past few years as other projects popped up in my life (travel, kitchen/bath reno, COVID/WFH) but now I have something new to share... My ER was upgraded in 2015 from a 2.23ct MRB G SI1 (clean to the eye) to a 3.15ct OMC I VVS2. I tapped out the budget on the upgrade, plus I had no idea what type of setting I wanted, so it was set in a solitaire. The OMC was from Leon Mege. Two years ago, I finally envisioned a radiant/Asscher shape "frame" or halo to sit around the OMC, kite shape accented sides, and a tri-wire band. The problem....I searched a lot of vendors and no one had that exact one already in stock, so that meant getting my idea down on paper and sending it out to see who could nicely fit a cushion into a square hole. My lazy butt sat on the idea for another 18 months but I still scanned the internet for a ready-made setting.

In Texas, this past February, we had the ice storm of the century. Since I could not work for a week, I had downtime and drew out this image that I could not aptly describe. I had fallen in love with the platinum blend that LM uses (for the six years I wore his solitiare, it stayed bright and well polished) and I love his sharp double-prongs - so I contacted him first. I still failed at describing my thoughts on the phone with Leon but then once he saw my drawing, he knew what I wanted and said he could do it. Off went my ER to NYC for two months... And then it arrived. Introducing my ER's "new dress..."

I hope you enjoy !

OMC in the original solitaire setting (Leon Mege)
Orig Setting Cushion.jpg

Inspiration rings - Asscher shape, kite accents, tri-wire band
inspir 1.jpg
inspir 2.jpg

My sketch
sketches.jpg

Leon Mege's fancy photo/video link
LM photo.png

On my hand, finally!
New setting close up.jpg
New setting crown side.jpg
new setting side.jpg
setting with band.jpg

Just saw this. Holee balls that's some ring. Your diamond would look amazing nestled in toilet paper, but you did an super job designing the setting. This is just stunning!! Thank you for sharing.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw this. Holee balls that's some ring. Your diamond would look amazing nestled in toilet paper, but you did an super job designing the setting. This is just stunning!! Thank you for sharing.

Thank you so much - I’ve been enjoying it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at the beach when you first posted this, so I totally missed it until today when it was bumped up again! I absolutely LOVE your ring! :kiss2: You'll know why when you see my pictures...just a few different shapes, but same idea! The funny thing is, my story is so much like yours! I got my stone in 2013, put it in a solitaire because I didn't know what I wanted and just finally had it reset a few months ago! We definitely have similar taste! You did a fabulous job with your drawings, too! Enjoy that beauty!

(pictures on page 1 and 4)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone! Beautiful execution of your design! Congrats!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I was at the beach when you first posted this, so I totally missed it until today when it was bumped up again! I absolutely LOVE your ring! :kiss2: You'll know why when you see my pictures...just a few different shapes, but same idea! The funny thing is, my story is so much like yours! I got my stone in 2013, put it in a solitaire because I didn't know what I wanted and just finally had it reset a few months ago! We definitely have similar taste! You did a fabulous job with your drawings, too! Enjoy that beauty!

(pictures on page 1 and 4)

We’re cousins! I enjoyed reading through your post. Your new setting is beautiful!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Whoa! That's a great drawing. The final result is just beautiful-especially love the kites!:clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results