shape
carat
color
clarity

Journey to my new ER setting

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PSers. I transitioned into a lurker these past few years as other projects popped up in my life (travel, kitchen/bath reno, COVID/WFH) but now I have something new to share... My ER was upgraded in 2015 from a 2.23ct MRB G SI1 (clean to the eye) to a 3.15ct OMC I VVS2. I tapped out the budget on the upgrade, plus I had no idea what type of setting I wanted, so it was set in a solitaire. The OMC was from Leon Mege. Two years ago, I finally envisioned a radiant/Asscher shape "frame" or halo to sit around the OMC, kite shape accented sides, and a tri-wire band. The problem....I searched a lot of vendors and no one had that exact one already in stock, so that meant getting my idea down on paper and sending it out to see who could nicely fit a cushion into a square hole. My lazy butt sat on the idea for another 18 months but I still scanned the internet for a ready-made setting.

In Texas, this past February, we had the ice storm of the century. Since I could not work for a week, I had downtime and drew out this image that I could not aptly describe. I had fallen in love with the platinum blend that LM uses (for the six years I wore his solitiare, it stayed bright and well polished) and I love his sharp double-prongs - so I contacted him first. I still failed at describing my thoughts on the phone with Leon but then once he saw my drawing, he knew what I wanted and said he could do it. Off went my ER to NYC for two months... And then it arrived. Introducing my ER's "new dress..."

I hope you enjoy !

OMC in the original solitaire setting (Leon Mege)
Orig Setting Cushion.jpg

Inspiration rings - Asscher shape, kite accents, tri-wire band
inspir 1.jpg
inspir 2.jpg

My sketch
sketches.jpg

Leon Mege's fancy photo/video link
LM photo.png

On my hand, finally!
New setting close up.jpg
New setting crown side.jpg
new setting side.jpg
setting with band.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning! Love LM's work! ( I lurk that site often!!)

cheers--Sharon

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
What an absolute stunner!! Your new setting is really beautiful, it looks lovely on you. And how great are your drawings! I dare say that if I had to send my drawings off to LM he'd still have no clue as to what I wanted!! :lol-2: Enjoy your new ring! :appl:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
What an absolute stunner!! Your new setting is really beautiful, it looks lovely on you. And how great are your drawings! I dare say that if I had to send my drawings off to LM he'd still have no clue as to what I wanted!! :lol-2: Enjoy your new ring! :appl:

Thank you, GeorgieQ! I’m so glad I made the drawings. I totally forgot all the “trade lingo” when talking to Leon and could not get him to see my idea - I would’ve paid $$$ for the wrong thing!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a BEAUTIFUL ring!! Amazing design & execution! :kiss2:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Drool-worthy design! And that scrumptious crown on the OMC ... :kiss2:

Ohhh I love that crown! It was another reason I didn’t want to sell the OMC but wanted to find a way to fit it into a “square” setting without a bezel. Thank you so much!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I am so impressed with your drawing and the final result! Beautiful ring! And I think it looks just perfect paired with the band in your last picture.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting! Love the puffy crown on your stone too!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I am so impressed with your drawing and the final result! Beautiful ring! And I think it looks just perfect paired with the band in your last picture.

Thank you! And I love your user name!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is just beautiful! Glad he was able to bring your drawing to fruition!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap that’s amazing! Your drawings are superb! Loooooove the puffy crown, swoon. Excuse me while I mop up drool off my phone!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap that’s amazing! Your drawings are superb! Loooooove the puffy crown, swoon. Excuse me while I mop up drool off my phone!

Thank you so much! It’s amazing what one can do when you can’t dial in to work due to an ice storm :P2

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
So pretty love the setting. Good job.

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and the puffy crown is everything !! Looks gorgeous on you enjoy your new ring :kiss2:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! This is beautiful!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning diamond and design. Congratulations!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous new dress!! Leon's work is amazing. Congratulations on a project well done!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
So I'm going to need you to make a few sketches for me... :lol:
:love:Your new dress is beautiful and you did an amazing job of knowing exactly what you want and being able to explain it, which is more than I can say. Bravo!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
So I'm going to need you to make a few sketches for me... :lol:
:love:Your new dress is beautiful and you did an amazing job of knowing exactly what you want and being able to explain it, which is more than I can say. Bravo!

All a part of being a control freak! :eek2::mrgreen2::lol-2:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous new dress!! Leon's work is amazing. Congratulations on a project well done!

Thank you. Leon was very helpful and made some good suggestions that improved upon my ideas. Great experience!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That’s an incredible setting! It’s beautiful. That crown too o_O

WindyCitySparkle

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers. I transitioned into a lurker these past few years as other projects popped up in my life (travel, kitchen/bath reno, COVID/WFH) but now I have something new to share... My ER was upgraded in 2015 from a 2.23ct MRB G SI1 (clean to the eye) to a 3.15ct OMC I VVS2. I tapped out the budget on the upgrade, plus I had no idea what type of setting I wanted, so it was set in a solitaire. The OMC was from Leon Mege. Two years ago, I finally envisioned a radiant/Asscher shape "frame" or halo to sit around the OMC, kite shape accented sides, and a tri-wire band. The problem....I searched a lot of vendors and no one had that exact one already in stock, so that meant getting my idea down on paper and sending it out to see who could nicely fit a cushion into a square hole. My lazy butt sat on the idea for another 18 months but I still scanned the internet for a ready-made setting.

In Texas, this past February, we had the ice storm of the century. Since I could not work for a week, I had downtime and drew out this image that I could not aptly describe. I had fallen in love with the platinum blend that LM uses (for the six years I wore his solitiare, it stayed bright and well polished) and I love his sharp double-prongs - so I contacted him first. I still failed at describing my thoughts on the phone with Leon but then once he saw my drawing, he knew what I wanted and said he could do it. Off went my ER to NYC for two months... And then it arrived. Introducing my ER's "new dress..."

I hope you enjoy !

OMC in the original solitaire setting (Leon Mege)
Orig Setting Cushion.jpg

Inspiration rings - Asscher shape, kite accents, tri-wire band
inspir 1.jpg
inspir 2.jpg

My sketch
sketches.jpg

Leon Mege's fancy photo/video link
LM photo.png

On my hand, finally!
New setting close up.jpg
New setting crown side.jpg
new setting side.jpg