shape
carat
color
clarity

Josh''s Ring in the Making

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am going to start this thread off with showing you the stones I am using for this ring.

The center stone is a .38 d vs2 Eightsar Diamond
The 2 sapphires are heat treated sourced from Madagascar and weigh approx. .20ct. each
The 4 other small accent stones are E, VS1 clarity A-Cut-Above diamonds .10 cts. each for a total of .40 cts.
The ring is being custom made by Carol Ahern of Oregon and the ring consist of 4 pieces total before everything is joined together. Half the ring is in 18k yellow gold and the other half is in 18 kt. white gold. I will add final pics when the ring is done. Some parts still need to be cast and the stones set, but were almost there and wanted to share the excitement.

-Josh RIoux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif

joshstones.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MyRingPicture1.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MyRingPicture2.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MyRingPicture3.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MyRIngPicture4.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MyRingPicture5.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MyRingPicture6.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MyRingPicture7.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MyRingPicture8.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice shot of the center 8-star up close

MyRingPicture9.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Eightstar direct shot from overhead. Stone was angled a little check out that symettry

MyRingPicture10.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MyRingPicture11.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Preliminary shot of how the sides and center will look before the side pieces are cast

MyRingPicture12.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Check out the arrow shafts on those little ACA stones. Cool!

MyRingPicture13.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Scorpion,

Gorgeous! How can you wait? When do you expect it to be completed? Make sure you take lots of pictures.
10.gif

Smooth

Rough_Rock
Scorpion, if I might ask, where did you buy the sapphires?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Robin & Todd A NICEICE.COM!

-Josh
wavey.gif

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Wow, Wow!

Just beautiful!
eek.gif

Please tell us when it'll be done.

IceFind

Rough_Rock
Josh:

Those photos are stunning. One of the pictures I like most is of the Eightstar. Wow!

Take pictures on your finger when it's done.

-Jared

Smooth

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 7/17/2003 10:46
6.gif
5 PM scorpion wrote:

Robin & Todd A NICEICE.COM!

-Josh
wavey.gif

----------------
The sapphires are a great blue color! Your ring looks awesome, I am sure you will post many pics when it's done.
10.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 7/17/2003 10:37:50 PM caratgirl wrote:
Hi Scorpion,

Gorgeous! How can you wait? When do you expect it to be completed? Make sure you take lots of pictures.
10.gif
----------------
Hi Catagirl:

Yes I don't think they make a anxiety medicine strong enough to cure me right now..lol... I put a lot of effort into picking out some really nice stones for this ring and spent even longer shopping around for some good folks who do great custom work with some nice mens styles. Styles I like anyway. There are many many photos of womens rings, but I wanted to go with something special for myself rather than the traditional gold band that the majority of men wear.

Bob & Carol are casting the final pieces today and will be setting the stones early Monday. So I imagine were in the home stretch now and should have some final pic's for everybody next week-end.

-Thanks for the compliments everyone...

-Josh RIoux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Josh!

Like Jared, I love the picture of the Eightstar. The sapphires, also, look beautiful. I know you have been posting here for a long time, but I don't know your "story". Are you married or engaged? Did you find Pricescope because you were looking for an engagement ring? If it was not an engagement ring that brought you here, was it this ring? I am assuming you had some project in mind...but perhaps you have always just loved gems?

Deborah

read.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 7/20/2003 1:29:15 PM AGBF wrote:

Hi, Josh!

Like Jared, I love the picture of the Eightstar. The sapphires, also, look beautiful. I know you have been posting here for a long time, but I don't know your "story". Are you married or engaged? Did you find Pricescope because you were looking for an engagement ring? If it was not an engagement ring that brought you here, was it this ring? I am assuming you had some project in mind...but perhaps you have always just loved gems?

Deborah

read.gif

----------------
HI AGBF:

Well Deborah I first starting browsing on-line to look at different diamonds in August of last year. After entering diamond info on the yahoo server one of the links were for Jonathan at GoodoldGold. When I was surfing his site I went to the testomonials section which had some links to this site. Bingo, I had found pricescope where I spent a couple more months reading a lot about diamonds and ideal cut hearts and arrows stones and the different vendors. Ultimately I decided to go with Jonathan as his service was top of the line and purchased a 1.01 ct. H, vs1 H&A diamond diamond for my now Fiancee Regina. As time went on I began privately emailing different vendors about prices options and just general info on educating myself about options I had for myself. I have been here ever since and have become quite the addict, and seem to be obsessed with posting pictures. Everyone loves pictures and sharing experiences. I work and live in Alaska and make a living driving semi's for Alaska Marine Line's A major freight company which is based out of Seattle, but has agents all over the state of Alaska. My fiance was born in Yakutat Alaska and is a beautiful Tlinget native. Regina works for Alaska Airlines and has a beautiful daughter named April. I saw pictures of some of your family in a recent thread you posted. It's nice to see people add personal touches to their threads and share experiences about their family.
Yes I have always loved gems. Especially colored gems. The education and friends and aquaintences I have made through the forum have been great. It is nice to see personable people sharing experiences which helps all of us.

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
loopy.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing pictures Josh...I love the small arrow shafts in the baby ACA's!! Very tempting. Can't wait to see the finished product. We are considering doing something custom for my fiance's wedding band..as he is a huge jewelry buff and also loves diamonds, and I'd really love for him to have a row of diamonds such as my ring...so we're throwing ideas around, we'll see what we can come up with.

2.gif

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Hi Josh,

I have never seen a ring in these stages before and was wondering what the green material is that the stones are set in? BTW, I grew up in Anchorage--my parents still live there.
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 7/20/2003 7:42:23 PM Boulder wrote:
Hi Josh,

I have never seen a ring in these stages before and was wondering what the green material is that the stones are set in? BTW, I grew up in Anchorage--my parents still live there.
1.gif
----------------
The green mataerial is carved wax that the jeweler uses to create a mold of the piece or part of the ring your having made. Once a mold is made from the detailed carved wax I believe the molten material such as gold or whatever medium the jeweler is working with is poured and cast. The result is the same exact design or part of the ring that was carved in wax.

The funny thing is I didn't really realize how big Alaska was until we missed our flight into Sitka a few years ago and were diverted to Anchorage. The flight to Anchorage takes about the same amount of time it does to fly from here to Seattle.

-Josh

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Josh, I have to ask...

Do you know a guy named Dave from Search and Rescue up in Sitka? He's a pretty good friend of mine.

win

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Gang!

I received an update today along with these pictures. There are 4 parts which are brought together to make this ring. The 18 kt. yellow gold base, the 2x18kt. white gold sides and the 18kt white gold center. All pieces have been casted and the picture below is roughly what the ring will look like. I say roughly because there is still alot of sanding and fine detail needed to be done including polishing. Bob informed me Carol likes to dedicate one day to setting the stones because they are gypsy set. A real secure setting, but there are also small chances that the stones might crumble if a blow is directed in the wrong way. Anyway I am reassured everything will turn out fine and the ring will be shipped on Monday. I will post pictures of the final ring with the finishing touches and stones set this week-end, probably Sunday. Well I am really excited and just wanted to share...

-Josh RIoux
Sitka, Alaska
16.gif

josh14.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

josh15.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moley!!!!! Did you design this ring? It's really incredible. Will this be your wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results