shape
carat
color
clarity

Joining E ring and W band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Adam W

Rough_Rock
This is my wifes engagement ring wiithout the center stone (obviously
2.gif
). It's a pure platinum ring and I made her wedding band and mine out of the same piece of solid polished 6Al4V titanium. The wedding band is tapered from top to bottom like her engagement ring and follows the OD and ID until it gets to the accent stones and then just continues smoothely. It really bothers her when the wedding band spins on her finger and the thin part is at the top. She is dead set against having them soldered together, because she's very active and likes to wear her wedding band without her engagement ring when playing sports and stuff. Is there a way to join them together without soldering? Like maybe some kind of spacer? Thanks, Adam
sring1lg.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
I have been having a similar dilemma about to solder, or not to solder, so I could wear w-band.

My eventual answer was to have my two "real" rings soldered together to prevent wear, tear, and spinnage, and then to purchase a super cheap, 6mm 10k WG w-band for about $50. If I will be playing sports, swimming, traveling, working @ hospital, whatever, I will wear the cheap w-band. (I am getting married in 5 weeks). I think I will sort of not like being able to wear my "real" w-band, but in sports and such I really don''t want to worry about losing it anyway; this cheap ring, if I lose it, no big deal, it''s not sentimental and it won''t break the bank. I got over the sentimentality part by thinking about how upset I would be if I LOST my real ring, and I think during the times I wear the substitute, all that will matter to me is that people can obviously see that I am married and not interested; my marital status will not change with the ring but I can use it as a signal to others.

Good luck!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I did EXACTLY what Antiguabride did. I soldered my set to keep them lined up and to prevent wear/tear and them from "clanking" when they were loose (nails on a chalkboard for me).

I purchased a cheap 10k white gold band on ebay for all my activities and for work, which gets beat up daily and I dont care, better that than my real set! its not my real wedding band but it lets people know i am married and committed, which is important to me. :)

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been having the same problem with spinning rings (my new wedding band is notched to match the center stone in my e-ring, and it really bothers me when the rings spin out of alignment ... )

I wish someone would make a platinum or gold clip that could slip over both bands at the back (like on the inside of your hand). This might solve the spinning problem without the permanence of soldering.

I saw something like this on a puzzle ring a while back (remember those?) and if it came in platinum or gold, I would buy one in a heartbeat!

I hope someone on this forum posts some helpful suggestions to this problem.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I soldered my original wedding set and bought a cheap 14k WG ring to wear when I know I''d be hard on my e-ring. It worked out great.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 10:25:42 AM
Author:Adam W
2.gif
). It's a pure platinum ring and I made her wedding band and mine out of the same piece of solid polished 6Al4V titanium. The wedding band is tapered from top to bottom like her engagement ring and follows the OD and ID until it gets to the accent stones and then just continues smoothely. It really bothers her when the wedding band spins on her finger and the thin part is at the top. She is dead set against having them soldered together, because she's very active and likes to wear her wedding band without her engagement ring when playing sports and stuff. Is there a way to join them together without soldering? Like maybe some kind of spacer? Thanks, Adam
sring1lg.jpg
Am I the only one who noticed that he said his fiance's e-ring is platinum and her wedding band (and his) is titanium? As far as I know, they couldn't be soldered together even if you wanted them to be.
40.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 10:25:42 AM
Author:Adam W
2.gif
). It''s a pure platinum ring and I made her wedding band and mine out of the same piece of solid polished 6Al4V titanium. The wedding band is tapered from top to bottom like her engagement ring and follows the OD and ID until it gets to the accent stones and then just continues smoothely. It really bothers her when the wedding band spins on her finger and the thin part is at the top. She is dead set against having them soldered together, because she''s very active and likes to wear her wedding band without her engagement ring when playing sports and stuff. Is there a way to join them together without soldering? Like maybe some kind of spacer? Thanks, Adam
sring1lg.jpg
Adam, go to Walmart or Claire''s. In the jewelry section they have these little rubber ''thingys''. They come about 7 or 8 in a pack for 1.99. They are for sizing but there are a couple in the pack that you can put two rings in and it keeps them from spinning and clanking. I''ve done this to keep from soldering so I can have options.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results