shape
carat
color
clarity

Join Me in December Goals!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Finally made it today! Progress:

(1) Light workout- 20 hours for the month (1 hour per weekday average, with 3 weekdays off)
3 of 20 hours done.

(2) Write 80 pages total (4 pages per weekday average, with 3 weekdays off)
3 of 80 pages written.

(3) Read one of the nonfiction books in my stack- TBD.
6 of 25 chapters read.

(4) Do (all) music lesson book.
14 of 40 pages done.

Anyone else want to play? It's not too late to get something extra accomplished in Covid December!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t bought anything! Not easy either because one of the gifts I have to buy for Christmas is an opal ring :twisted2:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Anyone else want to work on a December goal or goals with us? It's not too late.

Hopefully, today I'll get started earlier than I did yesterday. Really hate it when it's already evening and I'm only halfway through my list.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy :lol: you’re not enabling at all, since it is for someone else I’m still good! Thanks so much!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Finally! Just a little progress today but I'll take it.

(1) Light workout- 20 hours for the month (1 hour per weekday average, with 3 weekdays off)
4 of 20 hours done.

(2) Write 80 pages total (4 pages per weekday average, with 3 weekdays off)
4 of 80 pages written.

(3) Read one of the nonfiction books in my stack- TBD.
7 of 25 chapters read.

(4) Do (all) music lesson book.
16 of 40 pages done.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not even four whole days :lol-2:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Not even four whole days :lol-2:

Yada.. this made me laugh this morning, and I really needed it.. it's a grey, cold day where I am and I am struggling to get motivated today.. which means sitting around and then feeling kind of crappy beacause I am sitting around and being unproductive.. strangely, your response it motivating me to get up and do my strength training. I did my first day of it on wednesday and I need to make it happen. I would rather sit here with some tea and a lap full of cats also, my run the other day bothered my back.. so also need some yoga after strength..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@siamese3, those days it is just so easy to just do nothing, yes I know that feeling especially a cold dreary day.

Well I’m glad my slip can provide a laugh and motivation to someone else. To be fair I did also buy a gift for someone else so not a total loss. Back on the wagon!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday was mostly unproductive. I say mostly because I did reply to calls and emails from lending, escrow, and agent. Plus texting with contractor about change to tentative plans. Talked with DH and decided how to handle an unexpected thing regarding the move.

Took a few hours to buy a cinnamon roll and pick up the last Spiderman movie we haven't seen yet.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
@siamese3, those days it is just so easy to just do nothing, yes I know that feeling especially a cold dreary day.

Well I’m glad my slip can provide a laugh and motivation to someone else. To be fair I did also buy a gift for someone else so not a total loss. Back on the wagon!

Not your slip, Yada.. just the Seinfeld reference..:)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
My progress today:

(1) Light workout- 20 hours for the month - 5 of 20 hours done.

(2) Write 80 pages total -6 of 80 pages done.

(3) Read nonfiction book- 8 of 25 chapters read.

(4) Do music lesson book-19 of 40 pages done.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
33 miles on the bike, 2 mile walk, easy 20 min yoga to open hips. Made some tasty chickpea salad for lunch and lentil soup for dinner. Played with my kittens and overall, had a pretty good day.

Hi Siamese3 :wavey: That sounds like my kind of food. Are you a fellow vegetarian by any chance? I have a lentil soup recipe I love already, but I'd love to hear a bit more about your chickpea salad.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decided to do lease back for a week since our buyers are open to that. The house we are selling is in one county and the one we are buying is in another. Possession is at county recording and not signing. That was too much risk and uncertainty. The county we are moving to has been having delays so it was not unlikely we would sign on the Friday and have the sale recorded on Friday with the purchase not recorded until the next Monday. No good with three cats, three dogs, and two people!

The means I have a little longer to pack. It also means working three different action plans -- one where we get keys early Friday, one with keys late Friday, and another with keys Monday. Taking advantage of the delay to have the fence in before the move plus the flooring on the second floor. I arranged insurance for the lease back period, ran it past the buyers, and have the realtor doing the lease agreement.

Also looked at internet signal boosters and another solar company today.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Siamese3 :wavey: That sounds like my kind of food. Are you a fellow vegetarian by any chance? I have a lentil soup recipe I love already, but I'd love to hear a bit more about your chickpea salad.

My kind of food too. I miss being vegan (I am a pescatarian for health reasons now) but I still incorporate my favorite dishes. I love chic peas and lentil soup and butternut squash soup. Oh so yummy!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

I am! Chickpea salad is so good! it really is similar to tuna salad.. it's good with just celery and onion and some seasoning like salt and pepper (and mayo of some type) but I tried a new recipe last week i loved.. bell pepper, celery, red onion, grated carrot, a splash of soy, nutritional yeast, lemon, mayo.. was supposed to have capers, too but I didn't have any.. It was hard not to eat it all.. lol.. of yes.. you just drain and rinse the chickpeas and mash them with a fork before adding the rest of the ingredients.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I am! Chickpea salad is so good! it really is similar to tuna salad.. it's good with just celery and onion and some seasoning like salt and pepper (and mayo of some type) but I tried a new recipe last week i loved.. bell pepper, celery, red onion, grated carrot, a splash of soy, nutritional yeast, lemon, mayo.. was supposed to have capers, too but I didn't have any.. It was hard not to eat it all.. lol.. of yes.. you just drain and rinse the chickpeas and mash them with a fork before adding the rest of the ingredients.

That sounds delicious - I am going make it! Thanks @siamese3 !

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
My kind of food too. I miss being vegan (I am a pescatarian for health reasons now) but I still incorporate my favorite dishes. I love chic peas and lentil soup and butternut squash soup. Oh so yummy!

I can absolutely see the heath benefits of eating seafood. I think my brain would benefit from salmon. I have been wondering if I should take fish oil. Lentil soup, butternut squash soup and tortilla soup with black beans are the staple soups in our house.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

Sounds great! I usually make it with whatever I have on hand so it's different every time. Last time, I used mashed chickpeas, green peas, olives, celery, tomato, onion, jalapenos, curry powder, mustard and vegan mayo- I think that's all.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds great! I usually make it with whatever I have on hand so it's different every time. Last time, I used mashed chickpeas, green peas, olives, celery, tomato, onion, jalapenos, curry powder, mustard and vegan mayo- I think that's all.

yum!!!!!!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Only a little bit of progress today. Guess I wanted to continue with my weekend.

(1) Light workout- 20 hours for the month - 6 of 20 hours done.

(3) Read nonfiction book- 9 of 25 chapters read.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, so lazy. But this is the time when I usually give up (as soon as I have a couple of off days) so trying to fix that habit.

(1) Light workout- 20 hours for the month - 7 of 20 hours done. (All else is the same as yesterday)

Is anyone still with me here or wanting to work on something for the rest of the month?

Last edited:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, so lazy. But this is the time when I usually give up (as soon as I have a couple of off days) so trying to fix that habit.

(1) Light workout- 20 hours for the month - 7 of 20 hours done. (All else is the same as yesterday)

Is anyone still with me here or wanting to work on something for the rest of the month?

I'm with you!! I thought about posting yesterday but then got busy.. I am doing pretty well with my indoor cycling, but I have been struggling to get outside and walk daily. It's been cold and grey in central ny and I've never been one to mind the cold before, but the last few years, things have changed a bit. I also seem to be suffering from reynauld's which is not awesome and kind of weird. My depression gets worse when I don't leave the house though, so I need to be mindful of that. My meditation and breath work hasn't been happening regularly, both today is a new day :) I've been trying to try some new recipes and yesterday I made African peanut stew. The recipe said it was "strangely addictive" and it really is.. I appreciate that you started this thread as it helps me be mindful about trying to stay on track!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't feel good today. Only a half hour light workout here; that's it.

Anyone else making any progress?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t know if this count as a goal but my biggest goal this month is to not catch covid right as a vaccine becomes potentially available. So close! My hospital has been hinting I might be able to get vaccinated within the first batch before January so I’m being extra cautious because I’d be so mad to catch it days before I’m vaccinated. Just had a coworker test positive and they are doing ok but still so upset about it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't feel good today. Only a half hour light workout here; that's it.

Anyone else making any progress?

I'm scattered. Lots happening, but nothing huge on any of my goals. (Although all towards the big goal, so that is something...)

Signing papers for the sale of our house tomorrow. Signed lease back papers today so we close on 12/18 bit have through 12/27 to get all moved. Solar company coming out early next week to plan out the system. Need to select a generator ASAP with the solar guy advising on making sure it works with the system. Fencing selected but need to decide on placement. Lots of emails and calls with realtor, lender, and escrow.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess the good news is that I have no choice but to reach my goals this month. One way or another, we have contracts in place and face $$$ charges for every day extra.

Signed the sales paperwork today. Also gathered documents and wrote explanatory letters for the lending officer as underwriting requested. Lots and lots of that. In the little time I wasn't doing that, I went to the chiropractor for pain I had and ended up going to urgent care with shingles. Woo. (This is where I would crawl into bed and not come out for a week or two or six except we have that contract...)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I only got the light workout done again today but it's better than nothing!

(1) Light workout- 20 hours for the month - 9 of 20 hours done.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easier to read update...

1. Pack everything -- not started
2. Load moving truck with all but one night of essentials -- date moved, new date TBD
3. Move as much as possible to the storage unit -- nothing new moved
4. Select fencing and fenced area -- fencing selected, need to finalize locations
5. Select generator -- in progress
6. Decide on reverse osmosis system -- in progress
7. Complete shift of AV equipment -- in progress
8. Call crematorium -- done
9. Select induction stove
10. Make preliminary plans for solar installation -- in progress

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Only one half hour light workout today.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results