shape
carat
color
clarity

Join Me in December Goals!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Today's goal: try to stay centered and relaxed

Mia is doing well and reintroduction went really well this morning. Only issue is that Dash is feeling good and doesn't understand that Mia isn't, so lots of supervision today. I know that having them together is less stressful for them than being separated though, it's just not for me. I kind of soak up everyone else's emotions (person or animal) so just staying centered will be challenge enough for today. Will do a run and leave DH to babysit, lol, but dang it's freezing out in NY. Think I would rather sit in my chair, but that usually results in depression and anxiety later in the day.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
If I got graded on this, I'd get a D for today but that's better than yesterday, which would be an F. :(

Just a little progress today:

1) Light workout- 12 of 20 hours done (1/2 hour today)

2) Write 80 pages- 8 of 80 done (none today)

3) Read nonfiction book- 15 of 25 chapters done (3 today)

4) Music lesson book- 28 of 40 pages done (none today)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was busy all day, but nothing towards the called out goals. I guess it all ties in to the move, but I had hopes of massive packing complete. Oh well.

Lending done. Signing on purchase tomorrow. Confirmed we are okay with everything in the title report. Sent request to realtor to pass onto listing agent to pass onto seller asking them to have location services out so contractors can start the fence as soon as we have possession. (Hoping that gets done ASAP!) Went back and forth on carpet out or in on second floor. Got documents for the hangar we are also purchasing. Decided all but a couple of the add on features available. Got the signal booster for the new house so drove out to try that.

Tomorrow: pack like mad. Sign on purchase. Confirm time for moving helpers to arrive Friday. Hopefully get estimates for work from the contractor so we can either authorize or scale back a bit for now.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
1) Light workout- 12 of 20 hours done (not yet today)

2) Write 80 pages- 8 of 80 done (not yet today)

3) Read nonfiction book- 18 of 25 chapters done (3 today)

4) Music lesson book- 40 of 40 pages done (12 today)- finished. :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much off the list done today. We did get to sign closing documents. A bit of scrambling at some news. Need to get bottles of water. Reverse osmosis much higher priority now. Hoping to have keys tomorrow.

1. Pack everything -- 3 boxes packed
2. Load moving truck with all but one night of essentials -- shifted out a few days to accommodate fence
3. Move as much as possible to the storage unit -- confirmed helpers for tomorrow
4. Select fencing and fenced area -- fencing selected, location selected. Need location of well pipes.
5. Select generator -- done (and at house!)
6. Decide on reverse osmosis system -- in progress
7. Complete shift of AV equipment -- almost done. Just need to move speakers out and other set in
8. Call crematorium -- done
9. Select induction stove
10. Make preliminary plans for solar installation -- met system designer. Waiting for proposals to choose from. (Still)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Not much off the list done today. We did get to sign closing documents. A bit of scrambling at some news. Need to get bottles of water. Reverse osmosis much higher priority now. Hoping to have keys tomorrow.

1. Pack everything -- 3 boxes packed
2. Load moving truck with all but one night of essentials -- shifted out a few days to accommodate fence
3. Move as much as possible to the storage unit -- confirmed helpers for tomorrow
4. Select fencing and fenced area -- fencing selected, location selected. Need location of well pipes.
7. Complete shift of AV equipment -- almost done. Just need to move speakers out and other set in
10. Make preliminary plans for solar installation -- met system designer. Waiting for proposals to choose from. (Still)

I honestly admire how organized you are!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Houses both closed. Have keys to new house. Changed locks on new house today. Need to be out of old house by 12/27. Water not drinkable at new house. Working on that now. No fence scheduled yet. Movers fell through. Scrambling to make other arrangements for several things that way. Going to make it even if it will be less ordered than I hoped.

1. Pack everything -- 3 boxes packed today plus tv and AV equipment
2. Load moving truck with all but one night of essentials -- gone to random
3. Move as much as possible to the storage unit -- helpers double booked. Skipping this in favor of move everything I can to new house each trip up
4. Select fencing and fenced area -- fencing selected, location selected. Need location of well pipes. Contractors got dates wrong. Postponed a week.
7. Complete shift of AV equipment -- super close to done
10. Make preliminary plans for solar installation -- got first quote. Recovered from shock. Second company coming out Wednesday.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
You are amazing, TooPatient!

I seem to have forgotten I have goals again haha. Oh well, back on it today!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Oh right. Goals. Ahem. Back on it!

Is anyone else still with me? :)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I am!!!! Run in today and 45 minutes of strength, core and mobility.. cleaning and laundry, few packages wrapped. Making a "to do" list for tomorrow.. will ride my bike in the morning and make cinnabon buns and creme brulee for christmas!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
You're on fire, siamese! Great job. :)

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
A little progress today:

1) Light workout- 13 of 20 hours done (1 hour today)

2) Write 80 pages- 10 of 80 done (2 pages today)

3) Read nonfiction book- 19 of 25 chapters done (1 today)

4) Music lesson book- 40 of 40 pages done (finished)

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have to be out of the one house by end of day Sunday. Can't really procrastinate even if I want to :lol:

1. Pack everything -- packed (and unpacked!) a dozen bags in the last couple of days
2. Load moving truck with everything -- Saturday
3. Move as much as possible to the storage unit - 4 carloads to new house
4. Select fencing and fenced area -- fence posts in concrete should go in tomorrow morning and fencing up later (Saturday?)
7. Complete shift of AV equipment -- done
10. Make preliminary plans for solar installation -- second quote a better system with better warranty and lower price. Likely to go with them.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I finished #3 today, so only #1 and #2 still to finish up for the month now and those are the hardest. But I had also put off #3 and #4 for months, so I'm getting ahead somewhat at least.

1) Light workout- 13 of 20 hours done (none so far today)

2) Write 80 pages- 10 of 80 done (none so far today)

3) Read nonfiction book- 19 of 25 chapters done (6 today)- (finished)

Anyone else?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost there! Pack, load truck, and select reverse osmosis still to go. Moving day is tomorrow! Need to address water ASAP as it is currently not safe to drink.

1. Pack everything -- move is tomorrow so frantically packing today
2. Load moving truck with everything -- Saturday
3. Move as much as possible to the storage unit - DONE. Anything left goes straight to the house.
4. Select fencing and fenced area -- DONE
5. Select generator -- DONE (and at house!)
7. Complete shift of AV equipment -- DONE
8. Call crematorium -- DONE
9. Select induction stove -- DONE
10. Make preliminary plans for solar installation -- DONE

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
This is about as close to nothing as possible while still being something lol. I just don't feel like doing anything lately. I doubt I'm alone in that! Anyone else?

1) Light workout- 13.5 of 20 hours done (1/2 hour today)

2) Write 80 pages- 11 of 80 done (1 page today)

3) Read nonfiction book- 19 of 25 chapters done (finished)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is about as close to nothing as possible while still being something lol. I just don't feel like doing anything lately. I doubt I'm alone in that! Anyone else?

1) Light workout- 13.5 of 20 hours done (1/2 hour today)

2) Write 80 pages- 11 of 80 done (1 page today)

A little is better than nothing!

I feel like doing nothing. Having a fixed deadline and $$$ consequences to missing it (plus disappointed new owners as they are excited to move in) so I have no choice but to keep going.

Today was insane. Tomorrow even more. Although I do hope to not get hit in a rental truck tomorrow. That would be a help! (I did this morning. Long story. Obnoxious but likely no lasting damage.)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
1) Light workout- 14.5 of 20 hours done (1 hour today)

2) Write 80 pages- 11 of 80 done (none today)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our overall goal of getting moved by a certain day happened! Much less organized than I would have liked and much to deal with in the aftermath, but we moved out on time.

The only December goal left to complete is selecting the reverse osmosis system. That ties into the well shocking we did today and the water sample we need to run after whatever waiting period.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Our overall goal of getting moved by a certain day happened! Much less organized than I would have liked and much to deal with in the aftermath, but we moved out on time.

The only December goal left to complete is selecting the reverse osmosis system. That ties into the well shocking we did today and the water sample we need to run after whatever waiting period.

You did it. Woo hoo! Congrats, TooPatient. I hope you enjoy your cool new home.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did it. Woo hoo! Congrats, TooPatient. I hope you enjoy your cool new home.

Thank you! No clean water is pretty miserable, but working to address that as quickly as possible.

This is the mountain that is just across the river in our backyard!

IMG_20201228_163109317.jpg

The view from the backyard....

IMG_20201223_110621119_HDR~2.jpg

I really need to get some pictures from the third floor. Absolutely gorgeous. The snow on the mountains is stunning in different lights. Really enjoying the area!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Wow @TooPatient what a view! Congratulations on making it through such a stressful, busy move!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I think I'll pick this up again next month. Don't feel good, not in the mood etc.

Anyone else have an update? Hopefully a better one than mine is right now! :)

Last edited:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I am still hanging in there.. I have managed to exercise every day.. eating has been hit or miss.. no breathing or meditation.. going to pt to address some lower back pain that is coming from a strength and muscle imbalance issue...strength work has been hit or miss but to be honest every year at this time it's a real struggle.. I have been trying to get back to walking every day and that's going okay.. most days.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still hanging in there.. I have managed to exercise every day.. eating has been hit or miss.. no breathing or meditation.. going to pt to address some lower back pain that is coming from a strength and muscle imbalance issue...strength work has been hit or miss but to be honest every year at this time it's a real struggle.. I have been trying to get back to walking every day and that's going okay.. most days.

Glad you are hanging in there! Keep it up!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my goals was to select an induction range. I selected it then went to buy and found it and most others backordered until February or later. Walked into a local store today and found a different (better!) induction range on sale plus discount for being a floor model (for less than two weeks...) and it is available now! Delivery scheduled for next week. Also bought a dishwasher and nice range hood. Yay!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
One of my goals was to select an induction range. I selected it then went to buy and found it and most others backordered until February or later. Walked into a local store today and found a different (better!) induction range on sale plus discount for being a floor model (for less than two weeks...) and it is available now! Delivery scheduled for next week. Also bought a dishwasher and nice range hood. Yay!
That is such great news!! Happy that it all worked out for you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results