shape
carat
color
clarity

Join Me in December Goals!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Only one half hour light workout today.

Hi Seaurchin! When I have a day like that, I try to reframe my thinking so it's more that I got 30 minutes in instead of no minutes It's hard for me to think about something like that as a "positive" rather than a "negative" but I do much better at it than I used to.. I also try to leave the judgement out of it. Work in progress.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
So true, ladies. I'm trying to work on the habit I have of giving up after having a day or few days where I don't make my goals.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
So true, ladies. I'm trying to work on that thing where I just give up after having a day or few days where I don't make my goals.
I have found after many, many, many years, lol, that giving myself a break when I fall short is helpful to staying on track. Also, just making sure I do something, rather than nothing, even if it's just 15 minutes of walking or yoga or core and mobility work. Then, I remind myself that every day is a new opportunity to make a new decision. Every moment, really.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Still doing the slow slog this week lol. But I agree, it IS better than nothing!

(1) Light workout- 20 hours for the month - 10 of 20 hours done.

(2) Write 80 pages total -6 of 80 pages done.

(3) Read nonfiction book- 9 of 25 chapters read.

(4) Do music lesson book-19 of 40 pages done.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Much better today.

(1) Light workout- 20 hours for the month - 11 of 20 hours done. (1 hour today)

(2) Write 80 pages total -8 of 80 pages done. (2 pages today)

(3) Read nonfiction book- 11 of 25 chapters read. (2 chapters today)

(4) Do music lesson book-22 of 40 pages done. (3 pages today)

Anyone else? :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Pack everything -- 5 boxes packed today.
2. Load moving truck with all but one night of essentials -- date moved, new date TBD
3. Move as much as possible to the storage unit -- scheduled help to do this later this week
4. Select fencing and fenced area -- fencing selected, need to finalize locations
5. Select generator -- in progress
6. Decide on reverse osmosis system -- in progress
7. Complete shift of AV equipment -- almost done. Just need to move speakers out and other set in
8. Call crematorium -- done
9. Select induction stove
10. Make preliminary plans for solar installation -- meeting system designer tomorrow

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I have been doing okay. Daily exercise is happening. Strength training, two weeks under my belt. Healthy eating, mostly. Meditation and breathing exercises, not so much. ‍♀️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Pack everything -- 5 boxes packed today.
2. Load moving truck with all but one night of essentials -- date moved, new date TBD
3. Move as much as possible to the storage unit -- scheduled help to do this later this week
4. Select fencing and fenced area -- fencing selected, need to finalize locations
7. Complete shift of AV equipment -- almost done. Just need to move speakers out and other set in
10. Make preliminary plans for solar installation -- meeting system designer tomorrow

I recommend the Generac Generator if you can get natural gas where you are moving.
Good luck with your move @TooPatient! XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much better today.

Anyone else? :)

I am continuing doing weights every other day and floor exercises and cardiovascular daily. We have reached over 8800 miles on our bike for the cycling season 2020 so far. Unfortunately this week's weather makes cycling out of the question so not sure if we will reach our 9K cycling goal for 2020. We shall see. But I remain dedicated to my indoor workout. Even when I am not in the mood to do it. Which includes today. Off to do the daily workout plus weights (today is a working out with weights day) soon.

Total miles to date this year on the bike.

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 8.56.01 AM.png

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I am continuing doing weights every other day and floor exercises and cardiovascular daily. We have reached over 8800 miles on our bike for the cycling season 2020 so far. Unfortunately this week's weather makes cycling out of the question so not sure if we will reach our 9K cycling goal for 2020. We shall see. But I remain dedicated to my indoor workout. Even when I am not in the mood to do it. Which includes today. Off to do the daily workout plus weights (today is a working out with weights day) soon.

Total miles to date this year on the bike.

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 8.56.01 AM.png

That is a ton of miles!! I will be at approximately 7500 for the year, although I do run, too.. generally around 400.. I also took of ice skating last winter after not being on the ice for 30 years. You guys must really ride a lot!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a ton of miles!! I will be at approximately 7500 for the year, although I do run, too.. generally around 400.. I also took of ice skating last winter after not being on the ice for 30 years. You guys must really ride a lot!!!

Oh my goodness, you too! I’m impressed. You run 400 miles and cycle many thousands and ice skate. Girl, you are awesome!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, you too! I’m impressed. You run 400 miles and cycle many thousands and ice skate. Girl, you are awesome!

lol.. helps keep me sane! I actually really enjoy all of it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol.. helps keep me sane! I actually really enjoy all of it.

I agree. It keeps me sane. Even when I’m not keen to start with the whole exercise regime I always feel better for having done it. And I always love cycling. :)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. It keeps me sane. Even when I’m not keen to start with the whole exercise regime I always feel better for having done it. And I always love cycling. :)

I only discovered cycling about 5 years ago. Totally changed my life, as running can be hard on you, especially if you run a lot and have some injuries. I never realized that cycling could be so spendy..I always tell my DH he would have been better off if I stuck to jewelry I once read that you can spot a serious cyclist (female) because jewelry is not their thing.. just bikes, but my serious cycling buds say I am the exception to that rule.. I think perhaps you too! Had to take a break from pricescope just to not get to distracted by bling while buying bikes

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only discovered cycling about 5 years ago. Totally changed my life, as running can be hard on you, especially if you run a lot and have some injuries. I never realized that cycling could be so spendy..I always tell my DH he would have been better off if I stuck to jewelry I once read that you can spot a serious cyclist (female) because jewelry is not their thing.. just bikes, but my serious cycling buds say I am the exception to that rule.. I think perhaps you too! Had to take a break from pricescope just to not get to distracted by bling while buying bikes

Yes they’re pricey! Our carbon tandem cost more than most of my bling with the exception of Bubbalah. But definitely worth it ❤️

One issue with cycling is it isn’t weight bearing but you do so many other activities you don’t need to worry about that.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recommend the Generac Generator if you can get natural gas where you are moving.
Good luck with your move @TooPatient! XO.

No natural gas. Can do propane if we install a tank. (We are way off the lines for anything that needs wire or pipe.)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've blown it. I reached one goal in reducing water usage/cost. Totally blew my goal to not buy anymore jewelry until I pay off my house and car. Was supposed to have lost the 6 pounds I gained but have only lost 3.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've blown it. I reached one goal in reducing water usage/cost. Totally blew my goal to not buy anymore jewelry until I pay off my house and car. Was supposed to have lost the 6 pounds I gained but have only lost 3.

Lisa! You’ve lost 3lbs! That’s nothing to sneeze at. Congratulations and don’t be so hard on yourself. You’re doing great. One day at a time and when necessary one hour at a time. And it’s ok to lapse a bit. As long as you get right back on the program. You’re doing great!

And you know we want to see the new bling. Just saying :kiss:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa! You’ve lost 3lbs! That’s nothing to sneeze at. Congratulations and don’t be so hard on yourself. You’re doing great. One day at a time and when necessary one hour at a time. And it’s ok to lapse a bit. As long as you get right back on the program. You’re doing great!

And you know we want to see the new bling. Just saying :kiss:

Thanks Missy. :) I will show you all my new bling when it arrives. I just let Covid stress get to me and started shopping. It is a nice escape. I am praying for you and your hubby. I am grateful you are so upbeat and positive in this forum. It really makes the forum more enjoyable to have members like you.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Missy. :) I will show you all my new bling when it arrives. I just let Covid stress get to me and started shopping. It is a nice escape. I am praying for you and your hubby. I am grateful you are so upbeat and positive in this forum. It really makes the forum more enjoyable to have members like you.

I feel like I am almost succumbing to the distraction of bling buying to make myself feel better during the pandemic holiday season! Unfortunately, what I already know is that while I love and appreciate beautifully crafted jewelry, it really doesn't make me feel "happy" so much as distract me. Don't get me wrong, I do love much of my stuff, but it is just stuff in the grand scheme of things.. so sad becoming self aware

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I am almost succumbing to the distraction of bling buying to make myself feel better during the pandemic holiday season! Unfortunately, I already know is that while I love and appreciate beautifully crafted jewelry, it really doesn't make me feel "happy" so much as distract me. Don't get me wrong, I do love much of my stuff, but it is just stuff in the grand scheme of things.. so sad becoming self aware

Same. It is a beautiful distraction but it doesn't make challenging situations better. But it is a pretty distraction and anything that gets us through is OK in my book. As long as we aren't hurting anyone or putting ourselves into debt that is.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
That is exactly the sentiment of my dear, sweet thoughtful DH! If there are savings, and obligations are met, then it's all good! One life and all that! He always says, "It's only money and we can't take it with us!" He is also not a stuff person and only cares that we able to be financially stable, be able to take good care of our cats and be generous to others, but he never judges me or that I am kind of a stuff person. If it brings me happiness or joy, he's all for it! I definitely won the lottery with him. Most precious gift ever.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the quiet out here! Sitting in the car at the new house waiting for the solar guy. All foggy so I can't see the snow on the hill next to us, but the trees are all dripping from rain and covered in moss and ferns. Super peaceful. One car drive by in the last half hour.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Just a little progress today:

1) Light workout- 11.5 of 20 hours done (1/2 hour today)

2) Write 80 pages- 8 of 80 done (none today)

3) Read nonfiction book- 12 of 25 chapters done (1 today)

4) Music lesson book- 28 of 40 pages done (6 today)

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Pack everything -- nothing packed today.
2. Load moving truck with all but one night of essentials -- TBD, selected movers, backup movers, and last ditch (expensive and booked out a ways, but very good). Aiming for Tuesday or Wednesday next week.
3. Move as much as possible to the storage unit -- scheduled for Friday
4. Select fencing and fenced area -- fencing selected, location selected. Just need contractors to verify where well line is and do final layout.
10. Make preliminary plans for solar installation -- met system designer. Waiting for proposals to choose from.

Added bonus today: finally satisfied underwriters so final closing documents being prepared!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
1. Pack everything -- nothing packed today.
2. Load moving truck with all but one night of essentials -- TBD, selected movers, backup movers, and last ditch (expensive and booked out a ways, but very good). Aiming for Tuesday or Wednesday next week.
3. Move as much as possible to the storage unit -- scheduled for Friday
4. Select fencing and fenced area -- fencing selected, location selected. Just need contractors to verify where well line is and do final layout.
10. Make preliminary plans for solar installation -- met system designer. Waiting for proposals to choose from.

Added bonus today: finally satisfied underwriters so final closing documents being prepared!

You're getting there! :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finalizing fence with the contractor today. I need to have pipes located and identified. Trying to figure out how to sequence that in as I don't own the property yet so can't have people marking on it yet but need it marked by Monday at the latest and, ideally, by Friday.

Not sure I will get any packing done, but it will be a busy day.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I got my ride/work out in this morning and now will just try to get through the whole kitten spay situation.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goal #1: surgery scheduled!
January 13th. Fingers crossed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results