shape
carat
color
clarity

Join Me in December Goals!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow begins a new month and not the best month for many of us, who will be missing out on the usual expected holiday festivities.

So, let's focus on something positive. Let's just try ONE month of goals to start, so as not to become overwhelmed.

- List your December goals here. It can be just one goal or many and any type, whether diet and exercise, hobbies, projects, habit improvements, work or career related, interpersonal, etc.

- Check in daily or weekly or chat throughout the day on any topics related to your goals.

- Come back and state how you did at the end of the month.

Who wants to go first? :)

P.S. If you want to "cheat" and start today, wonderful!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My main goal is to get through December advocating effectively for my DH with his physicians.

I have to make sure he doesn't fall through the cracks. It's been a very challenging year and this is his fourth surgery in 12 months and I need to get his doctors to listen to me and really take a good look at what is going on so that is my main goal. He has an appointment this Wednesday with our endocrinologist and December 9th with an endocrine surgeon and December 15th with another surgeon.

And he has surgery this Friday December 4th for another kidney stone removal under general anesthesia so I am a bit apprehensive about all that is happening this December. However, I am keeping a positive attitude and I am going to be strong for my DH and get his doctors to do their best by him.
We need answers and treatment plans I am doing all I can to get those answers and treatments in place despite the pandemic which is out of our control in that if they cancel surgeries again I cannot do anything about that but hoping for the best.

OK sorry I realize that is not really one goal and is a bit overwhelming but really that is my main goal. To get his doctors to help us figure it out and treat his conditions appropriately.

Goal one: advocate for my DH with his healthcare team.
Specifically this week endocrinologist and urologist (surgery Friday).

And the week after with his endocrine surgeon.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
The holidays can be a rough time for many of us, even without a pandemic. I want to stay busy in December and have some uplifting results for my time and effort (to hopefully swim rather than sink as the saying goes!)

DECEMBER 2020 GOALS

1) Light workout- 20 hours for the month (1 hour per weekday average, 3 weekdays off)
2) Write 80 pages total (4 pages per weekday average with 3 weekdays off)
3) Read one of the nonfiction books in my stack- TBD.
4) Do (all) music lesson book.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will add my personal goals which have been steady since I started weight bearing exercises in March.

1) I do weights every other day and Reformer Pilates and floor exercises every other day.

2) I do aerobics (elliptical) daily and cycling outdoors weather permitting (we are at 8500 miles on the bike since starting this season in May).

3) I have added more protein and calories to my daily intake and have successfully gained 10 lbs for my health. I could add a few more lbs if I wanted to so maybe I will. It's hard to stop though so that is also a concern lol. It is way easier to gain than lose IMO and I am hypothyroid so I have a slow metabolism generally.

4) Trying to remain upbeat and optimistic though it goes against my general pessimistic nature haha. My mantra is one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time. Doing the best we can do and that has to be enough. Never giving up and persevering no matter how challenging it seems.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to try really hard not to buy any jewelry treasures for myself. I try to rationalize that I don’t really need anything else because I really don’t, but you guys know the struggle :lol-2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to try really hard not to buy any jewelry treasures for myself. I try to rationalize that I don’t really need anything else because I really don’t, but you guys know the struggle :lol-2:
Bling bans are hard!
I think it's easier to maybe set a small limit, rather than go cold turkey.
It's like dieting. If you completely deny yourself sweets, then you want them more. If you allow yourself a small bite now and then, it satisfies the urge and you can get used to limiting yourself.

As for me, a small limit is like $50-100. That may not seem like much to some folks but I can find lots of good stuff on Ebay, if I take my time and look carefully.
Good luck, my sister!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
My main goal is to get through December advocating effectively for my DH with his physicians.

I have to make sure he doesn't fall through the cracks. It's been a very challenging year and this is his fourth surgery in 12 months and I need to get his doctors to listen to me and really take a good look at what is going on so that is my main goal. He has an appointment this Wednesday with our endocrinologist and December 9th with an endocrine surgeon and December 15th with another surgeon.

And he has surgery this Friday December 4th for another kidney stone removal under general anesthesia so I am a bit apprehensive about all that is happening this December. However, I am keeping a positive attitude and I am going to be strong for my DH and get his doctors to do their best by him.
We need answers and treatment plans I am doing all I can to get those answers and treatments in place despite the pandemic which is out of our control in that if they cancel surgeries again I cannot do anything about that but hoping for the best.

OK sorry I realize that is not really one goal and is a bit overwhelming but really that is my main goal. To get his doctors to help us figure it out and treat his conditions appropriately.

Goal one: advocate for my DH with his healthcare team.
Specifically this week endocrinologist and urologist (surgery Friday).

And the week after with his endocrine surgeon.

Good luck! I hope all goes well and he’s ok. I’m sorry you two have to end an already crummy year this way.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

Ugh this is my goal for December too. I need to stop starting new projects! When the 2021 bling list comes up I’m making my list and sticking to it. No more getting sidetracked.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck! I hope all goes well and he’s ok. I’m sorry you two have to end an already crummy year this way.

Thanks @winnietucker I appreciate your good wishes! I know it could be worse so I’m keeping it in perspective. I just want Greg to get through this Friday surgery and we’ll take it from there. :pray:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
My goal is just to try to take care of myself. I have a tendency towards anxiety and depression and the pandemic & the current state of affairs overall, have been incredibly challenging. Regular exercise, eating right and enough sleep help tremendously. I broke my toe 2 months ago which threw my regular routine into a bit of a tailspin. My ocd normally keeps me on track, but when i fall out of habits, it's hard to resume. Fortunately, I was able to cycle but my running, walking and yoga were put on hold. Holidays ramp everything up under the best of circumstances for me.. I am getting back to strength training and yoga and also try to get back to meditation and breathing. I really miss my yoga studio. Good vibes and full of good energy. I also have a tendency to isolate and the pandemic make it easier to fall back into bad habits..

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
My goal is just to try to take care of myself. I have a tendency towards anxiety and depression and the pandemic & the current state of affairs overall, have been incredibly challenging. Regular exercise, eating right and enough sleep help tremendously. I broke my toe 2 months ago which threw my regular routine into a bit of a tailspin. My ocd normally keeps me on track, but when i fall out of habits, it's hard to resume. Fortunately, I was able to cycle but my running, walking and yoga were put on hold. Holidays ramp everything up under the best of circumstances for me.. I am getting back to strength training and yoga and also try to get back to meditation and breathing. I really miss my yoga studio. Good vibes and full of good energy. I also have a tendency to isolate and the pandemic make it easier to fall back into bad habits..

Sorry to hear. I hope you’re doing ok. Has your toe healed?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
How's everybody doing? I have three of my four done for the day so far. Trying to get a jump on it to make up for any lazy days in the future. :)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear. I hope you’re doing ok. Has your toe healed?

For the most part, my toe is fine.. it doesn't feel "normal" but it doesn't really hurt, either. I have been able to start to get back to my regular activities, so that's a plus. You are sweet to ask. =)2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to not pile on more than 7lb in weight by the end of 01 Jan 2021! :lol-2:

DK :))

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to put my Christmas lights out!
Here in Sydney we’ve had a heatwave, over 40C, so I couldn’t go up into the attic (with dark grey roof tiles I think it was about 55C up there) to find them.
they are downstairs now but still not outside.
I do a lot of solar lights so firstly I have to sort them into still working / not working. I put them through the garden and on the fence. I just do lights.
I have to keep my garden alive.
This hot weather is murderous on the veggie patch. DH put a tent up over his tomatoes and cucumbers to save them. The air is just so hot it sucks the life out of everything.
I have to do more Loupe Troop / eBay listings as I really need to downsize my bling.
Ive got rings I haven’t worn for 20 years, necklaces I can’t wear anymore, ugh, so much stuff it’s started to suffocate me,
some photos of previous Xmas light installations and the poor garden. 929C9848-8184-4D93-B3D6-9CADA6903FB8.jpeg 9EC2F7EA-DAAC-4FB2-9D62-0D77A5A753FD.jpeg DB5C0153-3408-4648-8CFA-D94FD99DF414.jpeg AEF5F27A-E6BC-45B0-88DB-CBC2D6D78DFC.jpeg F4D4278E-0A18-4B76-B302-2953D4270A51.jpeg F2BBC77B-60C9-4D7F-A383-317BB088DE3F.jpeg 632A2B48-1778-4C60-BCF8-D9A788F6151C.jpeg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
If anyone else cares to join, feel free to jump in any time this month. :)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One double chin is enough, thank you!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sold our house. Bought a house. Closing is December 18. My goals this month are crazy, but most have to be met due to contracts and all. A few are things that could wait a bit, but better done sooner rather than later.

Overall goal is to get moved from the current house to the new house with some critical systems added at the new house. More specifically:

1. Pack everything in the house (well, what is left), garage, and shed by December 17.
2. Load moving truck with all but one night of essentials December 17.
3. Move as much as possible to the storage unit before December 17 so just the most important things are left.
4. Select fencing and fenced area by December 15 so contractors can form their plan. (First fence area goes in December 18 as soon as we sign papers.
5. Confirm the generator is being sold to us. If not, find one. (Sold separate from house, we made offer, waiting to hear if accepted -- seller wanted almost twice what they go for new and they are in stock.)
6. Decide on reverse osmosis system and arrange installation (or DIY).
7. Complete shift of AV equipment so the system that is staying with the house is downstairs and system going is in storage.
8. Call crematorium and see if the ashes are ready to be picked up. (We had buried a cat we lost a few years after moving in....)
9. Select induction stove so it arrives shortly after the 18th.
10. Make preliminary plans for solar installation. Ideally, installation before January 1 but need to see what the options are and availability. (May do DIY or have the contractors do if the installation is easy enough and booked out.)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Sold our house. Bought a house. Closing is December 18. My goals this month are crazy, but most have to be met due to contracts and all. A few are things that could wait a bit, but better done sooner rather than later.

Overall goal is to get moved from the current house to the new house with some critical systems added at the new house. More specifically:

1. Pack everything in the house (well, what is left), garage, and shed by December 17.
2. Load moving truck with all but one night of essentials December 17.
3. Move as much as possible to the storage unit before December 17 so just the most important things are left.
4. Select fencing and fenced area by December 15 so contractors can form their plan. (First fence area goes in December 18 as soon as we sign papers.
5. Confirm the generator is being sold to us. If not, find one. (Sold separate from house, we made offer, waiting to hear if accepted -- seller wanted almost twice what they go for new and they are in stock.)
6. Decide on reverse osmosis system and arrange installation (or DIY).
7. Complete shift of AV equipment so the system that is staying with the house is downstairs and system going is in storage.
8. Call crematorium and see if the ashes are ready to be picked up. (We had buried a cat we lost a few years after moving in....)
9. Select induction stove so it arrives shortly after the 18th.
10. Make preliminary plans for solar installation. Ideally, installation before January 1 but need to see what the options are and availability. (May do DIY or have the contractors do if the installation is easy enough and booked out.)

Too Patient.. That wore me out just reading that list! :P2 good luck!!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I also want to add that it's not necessary to spell all of your goals out in detail if you don't want to put anything too identifying or personal here. It's up to you how much you share.

Just decided to leave some of my goals somewhat vague for those reasons, so thought I'd mention it in case others feel the same way.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too Patient.. That wore me out just reading that list! :P2 good luck!!

Those are the high points. You don't even want to know my work it in as able list :eek-2: :lol: . Those are the things that would be nice to have done as soon as possible, but we can live with them being delayed a bit if we have to. (Though two entire floors (plus stair cases...) have white carpet. In the winter. With three dogs... You could argue getting at least the second floor done with waterproof lamimate immediately is a very important high point :???:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm done for the day. This should help keep my mind off the Covid Christmas season.

(1) Light workout- 20 hours for the month (1 hour per weekday average, with 3 weekdays off)

2 of 20 hours done.

(2) Write 80 pages total (4 pages per weekday average, with 3 weekdays off)

2 of 80 pages written.

(3) Read one of the nonfiction books in my stack- TBD.

4 of 25 chapters read.

(4) Do (all) music lesson book.

9 of 40 pages done.

Anyone else? :)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
33 miles on the bike, 2 mile walk, easy 20 min yoga to open hips. Made some tasty chickpea salad for lunch and lentil soup for dinner. Played with my kittens and overall, had a pretty good day.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
33 miles on the bike, 2 mile walk, easy 20 min yoga to open hips. Made some tasty chickpea salad for lunch and lentil soup for dinner. Played with my kittens and overall, had a pretty good day.

I made chickpea salad for lunch too. Great minds think alike!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I'm done for the day. This should help keep my mind off the Covid Christmas season.

(1) Light workout- 20 hours for the month (1 hour per weekday average, with 3 weekdays off)

2 of 20 hours done.

(2) Write 80 pages total (4 pages per weekday average, with 3 weekdays off)

2 of 80 pages written.

(3) Read one of the nonfiction books in my stack- TBD.

4 of 25 chapters read.

(4) Do (all) music lesson book.

9 of 40 pages done.

Anyone else? :)

Nice!

Ashes are not ready yet. Well, they are but we are still waiting on her memorial stone. Should be ready by the end of this week. Carrie will call me when ready. Made some progress on deciding reverse osmosis system and fencing. Talked with the contractor and truck rental company.

Some hours of back and forth with lender and escrow. (Why can't they just talk to each other!? One tells me what he wants. I send word for word request to the other. He sends a document with the correct name back. Send to the one who requested it. Oops. He calls me. Not that one. Same form but for other end of the transaction. I let the other guy know. He needs a piece of information from the requesting guy. I get that and send it on. I feel like I am in this awful game of telephone :lol: )

Tomorrow: dentist, whatever message taking those two throw at me, and packing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dentist knocked me flat. (Yay, MS making routine care a challenge.) I followed up on a document the lender needs, but otherwise have spent the day napping.

Oh! I did notice a neighbor dog took himself out for a walk. Got him home safely. So not a completely unproductive day..

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dentist knocked me flat. (Yay, MS making routine care a challenge.) I followed up on a document the lender needs, but otherwise have spent the day napping.

Oh! I did notice a neighbor dog took himself out for a walk. Got him home safely. So not a completely unproductive day..

bad neighbour
id be calling animal control
if he's registered and collared/ chipped he'd be ok
but no loose dog gets a free pass from me now after the mauling of my kitten
i have Wanganui city council on speed dial

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results