shape
carat
color
clarity

John Hardy Workshop Tour

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I visited the Bali factory of John Hardy. I wasn't allowed to take photos of the workshop area but it was pretty impressive. The original mold is still hand-carved from wax and the chains are all hand woven. It's hard work! The quality control is impressive and in the Bali workshop, there are 700 workers and 500 in Bangkok that does stone-setting. Anyway, I got to take a photo of the rest and some blings on display with colored stones and even tried some. Here are the photos.

There a mural at the reception representing their lines like the dragon, eagle, etc. The way to the workshop are beautifully landscaped nature with locally designed structures. At the reception is also a table book showing the designing/drawing of their products.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

There is a mini museum showing what we've seen at the work shop, how the chains are handmade and the intricacy of details in making the pieces. The drawing of the designs are still done by hand with pencil and watercolor. On the way to the showroom is a fantastic view of nature.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The showroom is designed like the local boat.

I tried a couple of one of a kind pieces. One is a dragon bracelet with yellow sapphires and ruby eyes made with 18k gold and another a huge she'll ring with mandin garnets, citrines, and brown diamonds.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's some of the items at the showroom. I checked a carved onyx tiger with topaz eyes, an Indian ruby cab with a pink sapphire serpent, some halo studs in silver with diamonds around rubies, emeralds, and gold sheen sapphires, tiger earrings with black sapphires, a tsavorite bracelet, and an 18k gold dragon head with ruby eyes earrings.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 16

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaglow, thanks for sharing this with us! Bali looks like such a lush and exotic place. The silversmithing and handwork is amazing! I love the multicolored moonstone bracelet, and the dragons! Beautiful souvenirs you bought!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaglow- I so enjoyed the pictures of your visit. I love your new earrings and bracelet. :love:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very dramatic take on a traditional dragon motif and the workmanship looks fine.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seaglow, thanks for sharing this with us! Bali looks like such a lush and exotic place. The silversmithing and handwork is amazing! I love the multicolored moonstone bracelet, and the dragons! Beautiful souvenirs you bought!

Ubud area of Bali is very cultural! At the workshop, It looks like a lot of hard work where everything is still hand made except mold duplication! A classic woven bracelet takes about 4 days of work.

Seaglow- I so enjoyed the pictures of your visit. I love your new earrings and bracelet. :love:

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Very dramatic take on a traditional dragon motif and the workmanship looks fine.

Their Legends line are interesting. Dragon, eagle, snake, tiger... The dragon requires so much detail.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ubud area of Bali is very cultural! At the workshop, It looks like a lot of hard work where everything is still hand made except mold duplication! A classic woven bracelet takes about 4 days of work.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Their Legends line are interesting. Dragon, eagle, snake, tiger... The dragon requires so much detail.
I had no idea that a woven bracelet takes 4 days of work! I have a Balinese bracelet which I am now much more appreciative of.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you very much for this mini-tour, so interesting!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dragon earrings and bangle are :love:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Akteia and chrono!

So this is what I did with the earrings. I have a couple of piercings in each ear and I did the dragon and pearl combo. The akoya pearl earrings are about 2.5mm in size.

The dragon in some Asian culture symbolizes a wise creature while the pearl symbolizes the sun and wisdom. So the dragon is always chasing wisdom.

Same like the bangle of @Bluegemz except there's no phoenix. :)

image.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this, Seaglow! Really creases that wonderful movement and symbolism.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How cool!! Thank you for sharing! I wouldn't have been able to walk out of there without buying something.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results