shape
carat
color
clarity

John Franklin Jewelers San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

san diego searcher

Rough_Rock
33.gif
33.gif
Question for San Diego Lady: You posted how much you like Jeff Martin at John Franklin Jewelers. I''m looking to buy diamond studs. Majority here seem to favor online (esp Whiteflash) for stones. Do you recommend John Franklin for stones or more for design work, etc?
thanks

san diego searcher

Rough_Rock
thanks again...I''m just looking for diamond studs. If you had a bad experience in Old Town, I''m assuming you went to the store that does all the radio advertising. I believe they are overpriced and also have heard that their work is not great.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Michelle was kind enough to refer me to Jeff, and I have been very pleased with both his work and his personality. He created one custom pendant for me already, which I love. (Link to pics here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-anniversary-pendant.73852/) We are working together on a second pendant now, which I had to put on hold due to my December work schedule, so I need to get back to making the final design decisions so he can create it.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Michelle, are you going to the So Cal GTG in LA on January 12th? I have been trying to find your e-mail address, but am having trouble with the contacts section of my Outlook files.

(Sorry to threadjack San Diego searcher.)

san diego searcher

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies. I called and left a message for Jeff to call me back. Since he is not a retail store, are his prices better than jewelry stores? Closer to Internet pricing?

san diego searcher

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 1:33:04 PM
Author: Kay
Michelle was kind enough to refer me to Jeff, and I have been very pleased with both his work and his personality. He created one custom pendant for me already, which I love. (Link to pics here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-anniversary-pendant.73852/) We are working together on a second pendant now, which I had to put on hold due to my December work schedule, so I need to get back to making the final design decisions so he can create it.
That is a beautiful pendant, Kay. Makes me want to call Jeff again. But I''m sure he''ll call me in due time.
thanks

san diego searcher

Rough_Rock
Kay & Michele
I talked to Jeff and I''m getting a bit ahead of myself now because I haven''t seen what he has yet. But basically it sounded like he could probably sell me something for a reasonable price. However, he (like most the jewelers I''ve talked to) is suggesting non-certed stones. Since appraisal runs around $150, would you suggest asking him for certed stones (more expensive by a couple of hundred dollars) or getting appraisal? or just trusting him? (I''m assuming he would give me time to get an appraisal and return the diamonds if that''s what I wanted). When we purchased my engagement ring diamond we got it appraised but it was substanially less expensive back then.

Thanks for any guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results