shape
carat
color
clarity

Jogia diamonds Australia- does this diamond look good?

frankie1702

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has any experience buying from jogia diamonds in Australia?

Any thoughts on this diamond? I am planning to get an engagement ring upgrade, 2.5 carat at least G colour round brilliant eye clean SI1 or better. Looking for a 4 prong setting with a plain 18c white gold band with hidden halo setting. Can’t seem to find anything perfect online and was looking at buying from James Allen but once custom it’s not refundable. Thought jogia might be a compromise (I’m in Melbourne) as they’ll work with you?
Other suggestions welcome.
Opinions on this diamond welcome too!
Thanks 75FAE125-6FBF-4612-B6AE-8638294EDE70.png

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The image is not quite high enough resolution to see the numbers, but if I’m seeing what I think I’m seeing, it is not well cut. If the lower girdle facets are, indeed, 87%, it will have a very splintery appearance. If the crown angle is, indeed, 32.7, that’s low. I can’t make out what the table percentage is.

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
I found it listed on Adiamor with photo and clearer GIA cert details:

Agree with @Tourmaline that this isn't well cut. Can see from photo and also pavilion angle is too steep at 41.6%. With a depth of 62.4%, it won't look its carat weight either.

This one WF ACA would be a far better choice:

Although the ACA is 2.45ct, it has about the same face up spread as the 2.5ct you posted.

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
Also if you may upgrade again down the track, WF has the most generous upgrade policy (spend $1 more than initial). With JA you need spend double to upgrade.

Haven't used Jogia but looked into them previously because of positive reviews from Whirlpool. They don't seem to currently have in-house diamonds listed that meet your criteria. Looks like they can access virtual inventories and call in stones if you pay a 200AUD deposit. I tried using their database for virtual inventory and found it difficult to use to find well cut diamonds because of the limited search parameters available. Took ages to comb though the results to find stones with proportions worthy of investigating.

If you want an Aust based jeweler, you can reach out to @Garry H (Cut Nut). Not only is he Melbourne based, he invented the HCA and Ideal-Scope.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results