shape
carat
color
clarity

Joelly - Can we see some photos of your 3-stone pls?

joelly

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b Oh my, so sorry you are not well! Will pray you are better soon!

Joelly, your rings are just beautiful!!! What size are the round diamonds? You chose nice proportions! I really want a 3 stone one of these days!

The center diamond is 0.71 DSI1. The sides are 25 pointers each in F color. Wink came up with the combo.

I prefer three stone ring myself.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Nope. Cancer last year, Lynch Syndrome this year, out of control ulcerative colitis ongoing. If I throw up much more I'll be starting to lose organs. But I do appreciate the warm wishes, @maita13; I'm walking a really tough road right now. So sparklies are important.

Christ! Tough road indeed, @mrs-b...but from what I can make out, you‘re even tougher. Here’s to hope, faith and positive energy your way; and that life and fate may be a bit kinder to all of us.

@joelly, love the proportions of both your 3-stone rings. I’m a 3 stone lover myself and have been thinking about getting one made with round stones.
Your CBI ring is perfect inspiration for what I have in mind but thinking of OECs instead. Used to own one and to be honest, I really miss the fire and sparkle of an OEC vis-a-vis step cuts. I’m not sure if you’ve already mentioned it but may I ask what your ring size is?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @mrs-b, I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. You bring so much joy and light to this forum that it is heartbreaking to hear you aren't well. It definitely makes things that make you happy, like sparklies, much more important at a time like now, when your spirits need lifting! Thinking of you and sending much love and good health vibes across the globe.

@joelly this is the first I've seen of your lovely Wink 3 stone, the proportions are to die for! And your Octavia 3 stone is just the stuff my wildest dreams are made of :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @mrs-b, I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. You bring so much joy and light to this forum that it is heartbreaking to hear you aren't well. It definitely makes things that make you happy, like sparklies, much more important at a time like now, when your spirits need lifting! Thinking of you and sending much love and good health vibes across the globe.

@joelly this is the first I've seen of your lovely Wink 3 stone, the proportions are to die for! And your Octavia 3 stone is just the stuff my wildest dreams are made of :kiss2:

Thank you, dear girl. <3

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The center diamond is 0.71 DSI1. The sides are 25 pointers each in F color. Wink came up with the combo.

I prefer three stone ring myself.

May I ask, @joelly if you ever notice the difference in colour? I’m considering a three stone ring with an E centre and G sides. It makes me nervous but it would be cheaper than trying to upgrade the sides....

hoping you and @mrs-b feel better really soon!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Christ! Tough road indeed, @mrs-b...but from what I can make out, you‘re even tougher. Here’s to hope, faith and positive energy your way; and that life and fate may be a bit kinder to all of us.

@joelly, love the proportions of both your 3-stone rings. I’m a 3 stone lover myself and have been thinking about getting one made with round stones.
Your CBI ring is perfect inspiration for what I have in mind but thinking of OECs instead. Used to own one and to be honest, I really miss the fire and sparkle of an OEC vis-a-vis step cuts. I’m not sure if you’ve already mentioned it but may I ask what your ring size is?

My ring size is 7. Back then when this three stone was ordered, my size was 5.5.

I know what you mean by missing the fire and sparkle. You should definitely go for it. CBI diamonds are the best. Dangling little sparklies from CBI are definitely in order for my little baby girl.

joelly

Ideal_Rock

Thank you! You are too kind. I enjoy them both very much.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
May I ask, @joelly if you ever notice the difference in colour? I’m considering a three stone ring with an E centre and G sides. It makes me nervous but it would be cheaper than trying to upgrade the sides....

Thank you for the best wishes.

I never notice any difference in color between the center and the side stones. If your diamonds are CBI diamonds then the sparkles themselves will render the diamonds to be absent of colors.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd be sure to put them together before having them set. D and F are all in the colorless range, so a little safer. But normally I wouldn't go more than one color grade apart unless the sides are really much smaller than the center. I'd upgrade the sides to F, if I had an E center.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd be sure to put them together before having them set. D and F are all in the colorless range, so a little safer. But normally I wouldn't go more than one color grade apart unless the sides are really much smaller than the center. I'd upgrade the sides to F, if I had an E center.

Thanks, @diamondseeker2006 . That’s a really good point. I’ll follow your suggestion!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearaffair -

I once had a ring made - J colored sides and a K colored center. I took a photo of it and emailed it to a friend - another PSer, as it turns out. She looked at it on her computer monitor (the point being that we were multiple steps away from her seeing it in real life) and the VERY first thing she said was - "Is there a color difference between the center and the sides? The center is more tinted."

Last time I ever deviated from from diamonds that weren't exactly the same color!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearaffair -

I once had a ring made - J colored sides and a K colored center. I took a photo of it and emailed it to a friend - another PSer, as it turns out. She looked at it on her computer monitor (the point being that we were multiple steps away from her seeing it in real life) and the VERY first thing she said was - "Is there a color difference between the center and the sides? The center is more tinted."

Last time I ever deviated from from diamonds that weren't exactly the same color!

It’s like I know it’s true, but I just don’t want it to be lol

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s like I know it’s true, but I just don’t want it to be lol

I know EXACTLY what you mean!

I think you might have to embrace the horror on this one tho and get the stones that will give you the best performance.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
.15/.25/.71/.25/.15 ?

- thinking out loud.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if such a converstion might fit the 5K budget, if Winnk's workshop is still ticking.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if such a converstion might fit the 5K budget, if Winnk's workshop is still ticking.

Nah I’m keeping it as is. My next purchase (at least I hope anyway) will be a nice good looking OEC.

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results