shape
carat
color
clarity

Job dust, and wish me patience, as well, please!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
My fingernails can't take it anymore! I applied for a job a month ago, with an employer that is notoriously, glacially slow in the hiring process. It's an excellent career move for me, and it's in the general location where I grew up and want to live (i.e., across the country from where I live now). I am fairly sure that with my qualifications that I can make it to at least the first round of interviews, but I have no idea when that will occur, and there's really no way to find out. I'm finally breaking down and asking for PS dust, because I'm going just a bit stir crazy with the anxiety. I also feel like I need to be prepared for disappointment, because I'm sure there were hundreds of applicants.

I'm also nervous because this would be a huge move for my husband. He spent his childhood moving around, and as a result is extremely difficult to uproot once he gets comfortable somewhere. He's known, practically since the day we met, that I fully intended to move back someday, and that he would be getting dragged along. :Up_to_something: He does like the area as well, and will have no trouble finding a job, but I do feel a little guilty and selfish sometimes. Of course I told him I was applying, and we've talked a little about the subject, but I have decided not to say too much to him about it until I find out whether my application is moving to the next step. Bottling up my excitement and tension has become a little tough as a result!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Lots of job dust to you, Selkie! And patience dust as well :) Please keep us updated and I'm hoping that time doesn't stand still for you while you're waiting!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
COME HOME Selkie! :bigsmile: HUGE buckets of dust are heading your way.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buckets of job dust coming your way! And patience dust as well!

I hope you hear from them soon AND that you land the job! Good luck!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Lots of job dust, moving dust and patience dust!!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of job dust your way!

I know how nerve wracking the waiting process can be. I had an interview last week and was told I'd know about the job this week. Its Thursday and my finger nails have no tips left!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, NEL, Zoe, Thing, SS, and Chemgirl (and good luck on your job hunt too)!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Meh...got my answer, and it was no (or, technically, "eligible, but not referred for consideration" which essentially means they're probably hiring from in-house), but at least it was an answer. Still need patience though. Feeling a little down, and a bit trapped, I guess.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust...for patience, and feeling trapped, and down. Things will look up again before you know it, Selkie. What goes down, must come up!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
So sorry! We're in the same position so I know exactly how you feel.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I'm SO sorry, Selkie, but keep trying! Will keep floating dust your way so that an even BETTER opportunity comes through.

We miss you, and would love to see you come HOME!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a bummer. Sending more dust your way for an even better job!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, guys! Feeling better now. I was writing that at midnight last night and was feeling particularly Eeyore-ish. I actually have a great job and a nice home right now, so I really don't have much to complain about. And at least I have a vacation coming up, so I'll have a chance to see family and friends soon =) .

Pandora, I hope your situation improves too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results