shape
carat
color
clarity

jo malone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to think of some ideas for Christmas presents. Normally, I''m terrible at giving people like my DH or mom/dad anything specific that I want. I know that has to be difficult for them and then I sometimes wind up with some *interesting* presents. I''m also not at all a returner of gifts...

so, this year I''m trying to offer a bit of guidance to my loved ones. I would really like a new perfume and I''ve been reading some excellent things about the brand jo malone. does anyone use this scent -- it comes in delicious flavors like gardenia, fig, grapefruit, etc.

i''m going to try to make my way to a department store and sniff the stuff for myself, but i just thought i''d ask here for some opinions.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have used it, Lime Basil Mandarine is quite popular or was when I got the products. I think she is a British perfumer. Some of it can be a bit pungent and strong and I would make sure the people you are getting it for like the scent combos because they are not the run of the mill smells. It can be lovely though...just really depends on one''s preference which is so personal and subjective...

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
French Lime Blossom and Red Roses. I love layering her fragrances.

My ultimate indulgence would be the fragrence combining candles but so far I have resisted the temptation.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have the French Lime Blossom, Oragne Blossom and the one with Amber in it. HIgh quality ingredients make for good staying power.

cheers--Sharon

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jo Malone has beem a staple on my x-mas list every year. My family all knows ... I guess Grapefruit is my favorite ... I also have one of the "rose" colognes but I can''t remember the exact name - been awhile! Honeysuckle something too?

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I''m wearing Orange Blossom right now - love it. I''ve gotten compliments on it too and I find that it has better than usual staying power.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF is right, JM is a Brit perfumer and it seems her products are of great quality and highly desirable. She does indeed do some scrummy sounding combos. Personally I haven''t had the chance to sample or purchase any of her fragrances, but would adore to be let loose in her store!
3.gif
3.gif
So great idea Lulu!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone tried out her newest fragrance, the Blue Agave and Cacao (something or other)? It''s awesome. I tried some on the other day and my DH was hooked!
31.gif

I love to layer the French Lime Blossom with Red Roses....the ultimate in feminity without being too preciously sweet.

I also have the Nectarine Blossom and Honey which is subtle and light on its own, but also very fresh when layered with French Lime Blossom.

I LOVE JM and don''t wear fragrances by anyone else!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
is jo malone sold at neiman marcus -- i have an errand to run near there after work...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lulu -- yes, it''s at NM! (at least here in San Francisco) Definitely try the Blue Agave-Cacao!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2006 10:39:37 AM
Author: diamondfan
I think she is a British perfumer.
HI:

Now owned by Estee Lauder...not that it matters....but she retains "creative control"...

Has anyone tried the candles??? They smell as good as the fragrances, I was just wondering how they burn.....

cheers--Sharon

appletini

Ideal_Rock
French Lime Blossom!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
wow!

I went last week to neimans and loved so many of the scents.

I think my favorite is orange blossom. i went on a trip to italy and my most favorite memory was riding a train in the southern part looking out at the coast and all of these citrus trees -- the smell was heaven. and this scent takes me right back there...

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
They make these gift packs that have small bottles of 12 scents. I got one for my sister in law, mother and sister. Not sure if they will like them. I know I would. I hope my DH gets me one. :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
So, last nite FI and I went out with FSIL and FBIL, and I thought one of them was wearing a really nice smelling cologne, although, it seemed kind of "unisex" so I wasnt sure who was wearing it. I asked, and FSIL said she was wearing JM....I immediately thought of my PS friends...has anyone tried Pomegranate? That is what she was wearing and it was SOOO nice- very clean smelling...although, to me, it is better suited to wear in the spring/summer, only b/c it was more of a clean/fresh scent. My perfume choices completely change with the seasons...in the fall/winter, I tend to gravitate towards more musky/heavy scents, and in the spring/summer, more fresh scents....

I am definitely going to check out JM sometime soon..where else do they sell it besides NM??

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I'm wearing her newest fragrance blue agave and cacao. I bought in NYC a few months back. It is quite unique and I really like it. Really has great staying power too!

I know that she makes "samplers" of a number of different perfumes - smaller bottles so you could try them and see what you really like!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I was doing my last minute christmas shopping and wandered into NMs to play with the new balenciagas when I came across jo malone. started playing with the scents and the next thing i know i''m layering scents and tryng to figure what combo i liked best.

i walked out with tuberose and honeysuckle and jasmine and still coveting red roses and french lime blossom.

ps shopping is a bad bad place for me to be
38.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 6:02:15 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
I was doing my last minute christmas shopping and wandered into NMs to play with the new balenciagas when I came across jo malone. started playing with the scents and the next thing i know i''m layering scents and tryng to figure what combo i liked best.
HA!! Tuberose is my daily scent but I''m on my last DROPS!! Oh Santa!

For MONTHS I''ve been curious about the "Nectarine Blossom & Honey" and the "Blue Agave" one ... but I was TOTALLY STUFFED UP when I was at NM this past weekend. I''m STANDING OVER the displays .. and NUTHIN ... can''t smell a THING! It was hilariously infuriating!
29.gif
My friend tried a couple & was supposed to report back. Sigh.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
my fingers are crossed the my lovely hubby took some hints i.e orange blossom and french lime blossom...
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results