shape
carat
color
clarity

JKT tourmaline pendant... and some friends!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
After a lengthy process, the JKT pendant with a Precision Gem opposed bar cut tourmaline that I had made my for my little sister''s college graduation arrived! And since I had the camera out and was taking pictures, and there was actually light here, I also took pics of some other pieces I have, including my grandmother''s heirloom ruby ring.

Thanks for all your support during the month the stone was lost in the mail and for sharing in my excitement! I''m excited about the pendant, though its really hard to photograph because the pixelation of the stone and reflection make the lines of the bezel look off, which they''re not.

As always, Julia was a pleasure to work with and she even threw in a little diamond to add to the design, at no charge! I think it looks quite classy and beyond what I ever would have imagined it would look like. I hope my very picky sister likes it! (or I''ll keep it
31.gif
)

Without further ado...

JKT_tourmpendant1.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
The stone shows a lot of different colors, and while it looks dark here, I think its the angle...

JKTpendant_pixelation2.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Here the bezel lines look really off, but its the reflection (shot right by a window full of snow).

IMG_2064_3.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
A blurry neck shot (how do you take these?!).

JKTtourmneckshot_4.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
And my small collection, though, yes, this pendant is for my sister, all together. The color shown here of the pendant is much more like what I''m seeing at most angles.

alltogethernow_novel5.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
A close up of my Yurman sapphire ring, a birthday present from my aunt and uncle a couple years back for a big birthday. The sapphires are different colors, but you can only tell up close. I''m not into getting a brand ring just because it is, but my uncle got a discount (he he he
31.gif
) and I loved the pave sapphires. I do love this ring.

sapphire_yurman_novel6.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour stands out well, even in the faraway neckshot. Another lovely work by JKT.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
And last but not least, the most special. My grandmother was an architect, but she couldn''t get work and so worked as a jeweler. After she died, my aunt passed on a set of four rings that locked together into one; each had six stones (ruby, emerald, sapphire, diamond) and gave them to my little sister for her high school graduation. My sister gave me the ruby one and my older sister the emerald one.

So thats my teeny collection, plus the onegarnetgirl stackers in the group shot. Thanks!!

ruby6stonefingershot7.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 3:28:29 PM
Author: Chrono
The colour stands out well, even in the faraway neckshot. Another lovely work by JKT.

Aw, thanks Chrono! That means a lot! I think the color works well, too, and I was surprised by how much better the color is in diffused low light than in direct light. (which, I think you guys talk about all the time, I just didn't really get until now.)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I''m one of the few oddballs who''s not a big fan of bezels, but the setting looks perfect with that stone, and really compliments it. Your other rings are very nice too, and I like the different colors of sapphires in the Yurman ring - probably gives it some nice dimension. Hope your sister likes the pendant, and the thoughts and sentiments behind it!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Cellentani! I think she did a really lovely and delicate job with it.

You know, its hard to see the color difference on the sapphires in regular light, but I think it does give it a little more dimension, exactly. I just like how it looks like a band of sapphires and you can''t really see the prongs so much.

Thanks!

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
I love the pendant, and would love to see a couple close ups of your OGG stackers :]

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 5:13:44 PM
Author: kayla.tastikk
I love the pendant, and would love to see a couple close ups of your OGG stackers :]

Thanks, and sure! They''re not great pics and the rings haven''t been cleaned in at least two months (
14.gif
) but here you go. Also, from her etsy store pics, I think her round bezels are prob a bit more in line than these are.

I think those are fingerprints on the topaz closest, not inclusions. But you can see the windows.

ogg_topaz_novel.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!! I think it turned out just wonderfully.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
And here are the sides. Please ignore my nail; I had just pealed a clementine. Also, obviously, they''re not shiny and tarnish free at the moment...

ogg_novel_sides.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 5:31:38 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
GORGEOUS!!! I think it turned out just wonderfully.

Thanks, MTG!! Woooo!
9.gif
9.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Last one - end of threadjacking my own thread. Out of focus, but you can see the bezels.

slightlywonkybezels_novel.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW! My first thought when I saw the photos on the bag were that it was a bit chunky. THEN you posted the neckshot and WOW what a stunner. Delicate is exactly the right word for it. The proportions and "delicateness" (I''m sure that''s not a word) are perfect. If your sister doesn''t like it then I''m sure you''ll have a queue of PS''ers willing to be your stand in sibling!!!!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, LD, thanks!! I had thought so, too, frankly. I had been worried from the drawings and the photos she sent me that it wasn''t delicate enough, which Arcadian reassured me would change once I had it on. And it did, definitely. Its chunkier than I thought it would be (has a bit of a booty, so to speak) but it works completely once I''m/she is wearing it!

Aw, I know I can always count on you guys to take good jewelry off my hands, huh?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Great pieces! Julia is so talented. I love your grandmothers piece too. It''s very sweet! And the Yurman ring is very pretty and has a you can wear it with anything feel to it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful collection!!

I really like the ruby ring.

And the pendant came out GREAT!! I''m so glad it all finally worked out.
9.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Innerkitten! She really is talented, isn''t she? My BF couldn''t get his head around the idea that this wasn''t made from stock pieces! He kept saying, "what do you mean, by hand?". And thanks, about the other two rings. Yup, the Yurman ring is awesome with jeans, etc. Its a great go to for easy clothes.

Thanks, StoneHunter! I know, crazy process, right? I love the ruby ring, too. Its super delicate (I had to have it reshanked once and have been told not to open doors with that hand while wearing it!). I love having something my grandmother made, now that she is gone. I think she''d love PS!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay-I''m glad to see the pendant Novel-it looks spectacular! Are you itching to get one for yourself now?? Love the collection pics too!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Pack! Yes, I totally want one for myself! I''ve been thinking about getting my little sapphire set in a BG stock setting if going all out with JKT isn''t possible... but haven''t broached that with the BF yet! And while I don''t know if it can be called a collection, thanks!!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Novel, a very pretty tourmaline and set so beautifully! I''ve done the Gene + Julia equation too, isn''t it great when you get the finished product?

I don''t know your sis but I cannot imagine someone NOT being so pleased to have that. The workmanship is great, the color of the metal is great with the tourm, and I love the diamond dangler on it, it is the "cherry" on the sundae of that pendant.

Did Julia source the chain to you as well? Argentium?

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Novel! I see what you mean about the window. But I definitely love the design. Thanks for threadjacking your thread for me :)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pendant, it looks great on! I'm sure your sister will love it! You have a very pretty collection :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love opposed bar cut! And the pendant is unique. Congratulations!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
The pendant looks great! I am sure your sister will love it! And I love the ruby ring!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
That''s a really wonderful pendant, I can''t imagine your sis'' not loving it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results