shape
carat
color
clarity

JKT Blue Zircon Ring in Palladium White Gold

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have the best pictures yet of this ring. The zircon is one that was my first loose gemstone purchase, from my local jeweler. It was an impulse buy, and I'm really glad I got it. I had two projects going with Julia over the past months, the amethyst earring charms, and a ring. I've really admired the open pavilion rings I have seen here and wanted something of that sort. Of course, I worked with Julia on the design and what started out as something that was going to have leaves on the side turned out very organic in a different, and "watery" sort of way. The stone just shimmers like a pool of water in the light. Outdoors it is a little fireball, or a glittering stream. Indoors, it is more calming and cool...and a bit more pale teal in the fluorescent lighting. I love it and have already gotten numerous compliments on it.

I am very happy with how it turned out..delicate, yet strong, and I love being able to see and clean the bottom of the stone. I know I cannot wear it every day...but it will be hard not to.

I'm still trying to get better outdoor pics, but here are some for you now. Julia has some better shots on her etsy site.

JKT Blue Zircon Aug 2010  1260.jpg

JKT Blue Zircon Aug 2010  1258.jpg

JKT Blue Zircon Aug 2010  1256.jpg

JKT Blue Zircon Aug 2010  1259.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
For fun, here is my fancy picture studio...my desk and two dark gray eyeglass cleaning cloths or my finger under them.

Laura

Picture taking Aug 2010  1280.jpg

Picture taking Aug 2010  1279.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, Largosmom! What a beautiful ring :love: I noticed that on her site and thought it was gorgeous! I love how delicate and flowing the design is and the stone is such a pretty color. What are the dimensions of the stone and what are the side stones? Is it in yellow gold?

Oops! Just noticed what the metal is.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both your final design and the leaf motive design. In fact, when I saw your pictures, the first thing that popped into my head is how similar it looks to James Myer’s bezel ring designs; fluid and organic.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: It's gorgeous! Very well done. :love:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That's an amazing ring, Largosmom. I love the colour of the stone, and JKT certainly never disappoints when it comes to design. I'll look forward to seeing some hand shots!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
What an elegant fliud ring - love it!

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love this ring, and it seems like you did great with your "impulse" stone purchase. :love:

I love seeing JKT's new work, and I really like the organic curvature of this beauty. Any chance for more hand shots?!?! :saint:

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Largosmom, I saw it on Julia's sold page and was wondering where it was here at PS!

Beautiful, just beautiful. Isn't Julia the best? Her work, the design aesthetic, the metalsmithing.

Worth every dime for a JKT. What a great ring for you.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Got a couple of hand shots with my phone today, low res but shows how glowy it is and a much better idea of the color I see. These are taken in fluorescent lighting in my office. I hate to admit...but the zircon is more sparkly than my sapphire e-ring is unless I get the diamonds into some better light.

Thanks so much for all the nice comments, I am so glad you are enjoying the ring...several of you have open gallery rings, which provided the inspiration for this one.

Laura

JKT Blue Zircon Ring Aug 2010  1282.jpg

JKT Blue Zircon Ring Aug 2010  1281.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring looks wonderful on your hand: Congratulations!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It just glows and looks lovely in that setting! Zircons do sparkle much more than most stones due to their high refractive index...but you may have known that already!!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Yes...I do know...I was going to say something about higher RI...but realized I did not know for certain so deleted it! My reference book is upstairs and I'm too lazy to go up and get it tonight.

Laura ;))

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats really pretty, I love the color of the zircon =)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

BTW, is Largo your macaw? If so, he's very pretty too!!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Largo is the macaw in my avatar. He is a Blue and Gold macaw. Or... sapphire and mandarine spess...however you like to think about it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Largosmom said:
Yes, Largo is the macaw in my avatar. He is a Blue and Gold macaw. Or... sapphire and mandarine spess...however you like to think about it!

He looks very sweet, and I'm sure fills your day with lots of color (aside from your gems and jewelry). Macaws are beautiful.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that's very pretty!! The zircon literally makes me think of Key Largo's aqua-green waters. I was just there a few weeks ago. The setting has that whimsical look, it's perfect for the stone.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting! and thanks...I love the ideas, Freke...I hope to see one or more too.

If you compare the leafy designs with these you can see how mine ended up! If I were to pick my favorite from this set it would be #1.

platinumrock...we have an old trailer parked permanently in Key Largo and my dad lives there, so we get down to the keys a few times a year...well hubby does for the fishing. No beaches, but it is very relaxing...but so hot this time of year!

Laura

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Largosmom said:
Interesting! and thanks...I love the ideas, Freke...I hope to see one or more too.

If you compare the leafy designs with these you can see how mine ended up! If I were to pick my favorite from this set it would be #1.

platinumrock...we have an old trailer parked permanently in Key Largo and my dad lives there, so we get down to the keys a few times a year...well hubby does for the fishing. No beaches, but it is very relaxing...but so hot this time of year!

Laura

I'm jealous! We rented a beach house during our visit, and it was really nice. We've never been to the keys. So laid back. I know what you mean about no beaches, I was slightly disappointed that it was just the bay. But once we went swimming, it was so much fun! And yes, SO HOT!

Have you been to Islamorada? I have never seen water that color before: pinkish, aqua, purplish. It's gorgeous! The seafood buffet at Whale Harbor was awesome as well! I think I ate like 5 lbs of crab and shrimp. :Up_to_something:

But seriously, how do you guys deal with the bugs? They were dive-bombing us in the morning and night. :errrr:

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I hide in the screen porch at night, and winter has cooler nights and fewer bugs...yes Islamorada is awesome. Our trailer is old..and falling apart in some ways..but it's a fast and cheap flight from here via Ft Lauderdale, so we keep it.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Nice size and color! I love the the expose pavilion too :appl: Wear it with care!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, the zircon is very bright!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is awesome!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I love the organic feel to it.

I've got a question though. I'm really confused (doesn't take much)! Is the ring Palladium or 18k white gold or is the ring a combination of both and I've completely missed that part! :bigsmile:

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if you look at the listing on her etsy site, it states 18K Palladium White Gold...I am not sure what the allow mix is, you would have to ask Julia about that. The allow comes out more "steely" looking than regular white gold, and not as white as silver. I believe that it is a cheaper alternative to white gold. If you google "18K Palladium White Gold", you will find more info. I found a photo comparison on one of the links.

Laura

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! She does such beautiful design work...so tough to decide on just one!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to say thank you again for the kind comments! I wore the ring today and love it.

Laura

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results