shape
carat
color
clarity

Jill Anish silver cuff w/ Dana's Montana sapphires

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
This is my first project since joining PS, and I have no idea how posting photos is going to go, so I hope you all will all bear with me.

A month or so ago I bought a lot of Montana sapphires that Dana had on his site. I wanted to use them in a bracelet for one of my sisters, and contacted Jill Anish. Jill said she had not done a cuff before, but made a couple of prototypes, came up with a design, and produced this beautiful silver cuff. The photos she took really don't do it justice.

First, Dana's listing: 21893.jpg

There were six stones in the lot, but Jill only used 5. They ranged in size from 3.9mm to 4.8mm, and a couple of them had visible inclusions which aren't all that noticeable now they are set.

And the finished cuff:

il_430xN.173192405.jpg

Jill bezeled the sapphires in gold, and set them on a hammered silver band.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Beee-utiful!

I love the look of hammered metals.

Laura

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely....now all we need is a wrist shot.

MoZo

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love it! :love: I admired those sapphires on Dana's site, but didn't have any good ideas for them. I love that silver cuff. Just perfect. :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, it's beautiful :love: :love: What a great idea!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Largosmom: Thank you for the kind words!

MoZo: Thank you, but if you had ever seen my picture-taking skills, you'd know why I didn't post any of my own photos! I'll try to get one of my daughters to take a wrist shot the next time she comes over.

Fly Girl: As soon as I saw the sapphires I thought of my sister, and how much she loves those colors. So it was the stones first, then trying to figure out a way to use them. Fortunately, Jill took care of that! Thank you!

baby nurse: Thanks, I hope my sister likes it, too!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is an amazing piece. Love the stones, and love the work, and your idea. It is so unusual! Two good masters to work with! I am thinking of sending Jill my bigger stone that I have purchased, she probably can "pull" something pretty unusual.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely bracelet.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Love the stones & the bracelet is a knockout! The 2 color metals are absolutely great & the style is modern & classical at once. LOVE it!

--- Laurie

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, what a great idea!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
crasru, Lovinggems, JewelFreak, alene: Thank you for the compliments!

crasru: I will look forward to seeing what you decide to do with your lovely stone, I think Jill could come up with something fantastic! For me, she really made the whole process easy, and once the design is agreed on, she works fast!

JewelFreak: That combination of ancient techniques, classic styling, and modern aesthetic is something I really love about Jill's work.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic bracelet, I saw this on Jill's site ( or one a lot like it) yesterday.

Congrats, love the hammered texturing, the granulation and just the overall aesthetic.

Good to see a custom bracelet on PS :appl:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, StonieGrl! I had to go look at the cuff on etsy after you posted your comment--very nice. I hope it sells for her.

There aren't many bracelets posted on CS are there? I wonder why. I don't really wear them much, myself, just the tennis-type bracelets my DH bought me years ago, and even those I don't wear often.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very nice.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what? It is also great to work with two people (Dana and Jill) who are good masters and do not have incredible hubris. Personal factor is important to me and I never had problems communicating with either of them. Plus they sell/make nice things.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That's an awesome bracelet! :love:

Wrist shots please??

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
BoulderGal and oddoneout, thank you for the kind words.

Crasru, I definitely agree that Dana and Jill are a pleasure to deal with.

And for those of you who requested wrist shots, considered yourselves warned, my picture taking skills are not up to the high PS standard! One of my daughters kindly agreed to model, but the photo taking deficits are all mine.

janish.jpg

IMG_0222janish.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow :love: Looks great!!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, babynurse!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results