shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewlery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aro_mintz

Rough_Rock
I'm new to the whole world of jewlery. I have around 10k to spend on an engagement ring and have been searching for around a week. I was given a package deal that seems to good to be true, And i'm smart enough to know that that usually means it is.

For $10,240 I was offered an

I
VVS2
GIA Cert
1.73 Carat
61% depth
57% table
Polish - Good
Symetry - Very good
w/ patinum 4 prong solitair setting.

Does this sound like a good deal. Would you all pull the trigger?

Thanks

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
$9597 for pricescope users:
http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/diamond_details.asp?ItemCode=306502(strong flourescense might be good for an I color).

It seems like a good price, but not too good to be true.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Would I get it? Not me personally. I would go down to VS1 or VS2 and up the color to H or better as a lot of money is being hidden in the VVS2. But it depends if the goal is to have a white stone or not.

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1057/v.cgi?stock=1046225&_s=1057&_p=abaz83&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=

This is an example, I am not suggesting this. It took me days of searching to find my stone and in the end there were about 5 I would have been happy with.

student

Shiny_Rock
I would agree--take your time, go to a B&M store and check out stones of various colors and clarities to see what you like. I've found that it is pretty easy to get your mind set on a particular stone, but really there are lots of good deals out there, so if you pass one up to do some more research there will always be more.

aro_mintz

Rough_Rock
ok, this will only further my ignorance, but what is a B&M store?

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
:wavey: Hi
B&M are stores (Brick an Mortar)I agree I think you should go with a better color g-h and stay with a vs quality, especially if you were to mount it in white gold or platinum which I think is the way to go with such an expensive stone(Platinum).
Also I think you should check out Internet companies first to see if the prices you have been quoated and compare,
as many of us work on a very low margin of profit,:((
You also might be savings on sales tax if you are not in the same state as the site!

:)) good luck and happy shopping
diamondsman [email protected]

student

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about the lingo. I had never used internet forums before I started diamond shopping, and I had to do a Google search to figure out that "lol" stood for "lots of laughs".

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
... I had to do a Google search to figure out that "lol" stood for "lots of laughs".
----------------

or Laugh Out Loud :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results