shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alma

Rough_Rock
I''ve been on a quest for a while now to find a jeweller that makes platinum rings with gemstones (tourmaline or citrine, for example). This is hard, since the cost of platinum seems to pair it almost exclusively with diamonds. Does anybody know of a jeweller who sells or will make such a piece? I''ve been searching online extensively.

gemexplorer

Rough_Rock
I understand that good folks do not solicit in here . Nevertheless, let me put it this way. Most good jewelers or Jewelry designer will be able to walk you thru some kind of "platform" when it comes to pricing. Maybe this can be of help to you.

First of all, there are generally four components to your purchase.
1. The stone
2. The metal (in your case, the platinum )
3. Maybe other diamonds or gems to add to the main stone
4. The labor or design

The cost of that piece will vary from Nieman Marcus to Main Street USA or even today, you can have it made overseas if you can articulate the stone, the design, the weight or how much you want to spend.

Gemstones you can buy in open market like shows or with designer studios , where indeed, many of the cut stones being done by any good cutters, today there are thousands of gem designers who will also sell their cut and often, to suit your price and your budget, they may be able to offer you other "gems". So, you have the option to work with a designer, a common jeweler ( for as long as you have your own fixed taste and specifics )

Then the metal - Platinum is a bit harder to work with , and the labor alone will bear a higher cost . But then again,the alternative is to buy from jewelers who has a platinum jewelry catalog, where you can also buy bits and pieces to "assemble" that ring --- It is not so bad of an idea if you can see them in "components" . And in that format, you are making the jewelers work a bit easier - but then again, many designers and jewelers who design their own will not let any "assembly" work to jeopardize their own "design" integrity , or their workmanship.. So, be polite and respectful to those who does have a "name" to their own.

Then the cost of the otehr gems, or diamonds, what grade do you want to use but what grade will you be able to bear to what cost ?

In short, you need to give yourself a budget that you can afford and that is also a good way to start to see and think how big a stone that you will want - give the designer or the jewelry maker as many as pictures or ideas they can have - that will make it far easier.. email them the images. Any good original designers will not copay or "knock off" -- that is a sin and a crime
1.gif
but they can work toward the ideas toward the kind of colork the kind of metal you like -- Maybe be flexible - use 18K white gold instead of platinum...why not ?

Be flexible.

There will be hundreds free advisors in this forum that may give you ideas that are different than mine .. But that is just one of the many options you can begin with .

How is that ?

have a nice gem day !!!!!!!

PS: do go on line to check out tourmaline prices - be that Ebay, or gem companies.. there are hundreds of them around and make sure get good referrals, not just from one, but as many as you can.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
My local jewelers have catelogs you can look through for settings and then they'll order them for you. They should be able to get you whatever gem you want too. Don't go to a chain store, but a privately owned jewelry store is best.
Try that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results