shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry you were “meh”about but surprisingly love?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I recently purchased a dainty DBTY style bracelet and necklace. I had never gravitated towards the style because it seemed too delicate for my taste and I love bold items that grab attention. But i am really loving them! They are so easy to wear with casual clothes and It’s the first time I am sleeping in/showering with jewelry on. And honestly, since they are not high cost items and diamond/14k are pretty hardy I feel like I don’t have to be fussy/protective/careful.

Have you ever been surprised by something you thought was totally not your style that you ended up loving in the end?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sleek, modern looking solitaires. I just didn’t get it. Love them now!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely my dbty necklace as well for the same reasons.

I like lots of bling and was afraid going with .1 ct diamonds was a mistake but i bought mine thinking it would be nice for occasional layering. Now it rarely comes off.

It's the only piece I am comfortable wearing safely 24x7 (and do) l. Great for work at home days where I am too lazy to put on jewelry. It has an extender chain to accommodate different necklines. Wear it on its own or layer it with other pieces.

It gets so much wear that I jumped at the opportunity to but a second preloved one in white gold (my first one is yellow gold and still my go to)

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Definitely my dbty necklace as well for the same reasons.

I like lots of bling and was afraid going with .1 ct diamonds was a mistake but i bought mine thinking it would be nice for occasional layering. Now it rarely comes off.

It's the only piece I am comfortable wearing safely 24x7 (and do) l. Great for work at home days where I am too lazy to put on jewelry. It has an extender chain to accommodate different necklines. Wear it on its own or layer it with other pieces.

It gets so much wear that I jumped at the opportunity to but a second preloved one in white gold (my first one is yellow gold and still my go to)
Same here! I have purchased both yg and wg in the past year and wear them a lot.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first (technically second, but the first pair that I actually kept) WSS studs.

When I got them… I’d just gone down the akoya rabbit hole and I was comparing everything white to akoya. And WSS and akoya are different - if you use the “what makes akoya great” standards to judge WSS, well, they’re kind of doomed to fail. It took me some time to appreciate WSS for what they are and what they offer, unique from akoya - but once I did another rabbit hole opened up right where I stood :bigsmile:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow gold!

Ooooh, yes! I grew up in the “Yellow gold is tacky and dated” era. Everything had to be white gold or platinum. Oh the pieces I missed out on ;(

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, yes! I grew up in the “Yellow gold is tacky and dated” era. Everything had to be white gold or platinum. Oh the pieces I missed out on ;(

I just thought it looked bad on my skin tone. Now I’m like- why did I think that??? Lol

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
A simple solitaire! I always went with custom designs, or interesting designs until the last diamond I had set. I put the most recent one in a simple Stuller setting and I'm pleased to say that I love it!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Diamonds bigger than 2 ct. I remember telling my husband years ago, when we visited a concert and spotted a lady sporting a maybe 2.5 to 3 ct diamond, that I would never ever, even if I could afford it - which I clearly couldn’t - , wear such a hideous thing. He agreed but thank goodness seems to have forgotten with the years gone by.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A simple solitaire! I always went with custom designs, or interesting designs until the last diamond I had set. I put the most recent one in a simple Stuller setting and I'm pleased to say that I love it!

+1 for a milestone birthday I wanted to set a loose stone I owned with another as a moi et toi. Covid hit and I was too scared to spend any money but wanted to wear the stone. Initially I thought I’d be disappointed, but a solitaire is really starting to grow on me. The fact that the setting is a secondhand Erika Winters helps!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lucky i ignored a lot of what my friends said at the time ! And that was back in the 90s

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamonds bigger than 2 ct. I remember telling my husband years ago, when we visited a concert and spotted a lady sporting a maybe 2.5 to 3 ct diamond, that I would never ever, even if I could afford it - which I clearly couldn’t - , wear such a hideous thing. He agreed but thank goodness seems to have forgotten with the years gone by.

Last time i went to see Bruce Springsteen i stood in the front row beside a Texas lady on her honeymoon
2nd marriage- husband from NJ
The ring was huge - if Bruce hasn't been there it would have still been worth it to see that ring !

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sort of goes with the topic of this thread..
I know there is nothing meh about VCA but the Alhambra bracelet that I bought last and was the least expensive and iconic of them all and turned out to be my favorite of the three I own.
I have the classic Alhambra MOP in white gold, the Lucky Alhambra in yellow gold and last November on a trip overseas bought a rose gold sweet Alhambra. It was the least expensive of the three and has no MOP or diamonds.
Sort of the "plain jane" of the group.
I actually find that I LOVE this bracelet the most!
I don't have to worry about it getting wet or soapy, scratching the motifs, or getting any cleaning products on it. Strangely.. I had to make the other two bracelets smaller while this one fit like Cinderella's slipper right from the store.
It's just an easy to wear piece.. an all around pleasure.
Bracelet #1

Bracelet #2

And my fave.. bracelet #3!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I know there is nothing meh about VCA but the Alhambra bracelet that I bought last and was the least expensive and iconic of them all and turned out to be my favorite of the three I own.
I have the classic Alhambra MOP in white gold, the Lucky Alhambra in yellow gold and last November on a trip overseas bought a rose gold sweet Alhambra. It was the least expensive of the three and has no MOP or diamonds.
I don't have to worry about it getting wet or soapy, scratching the motifs, or getting any cleaning products on it. Strangely.. I had to make the other two bracelets smaller while this one fit like Cinderella's slipper right from the store.
Bracelet #1

58337680326__B8AE7004-1A73-42BC-A801-701CB31C0A83.JPG

Bracelet #2
IMG_5833.jpg

3D845E77-0A97-4C9A-A2AE-9711DFFE74C1.jpeg

Thank you for the insight! I find that i am wearing more things that are metal only, or metal and diamond, as I don't have to "baby" them. The sweet in RG would be perfect for casual daily wear!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the insight! I find that i am wearing more things that are metal only, or metal and diamond, as I don't have to "baby" them. The sweet in RG would be perfect for casual daily wear!

:wavey:Hi FL_Runner! Yes! That's it exactly... a bracelet you don't have to "baby." :D

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
same, a dbty necklace i bought maybe a year ago. i wouldn't say i was "meh" about it but it felt less wow factor than the $ compared to a ring or pendant. but turns out i wear it A LOT. there's an extra clasp so a portion can be worn as a bracelet too, which is a nice bonus.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bracelet #1

Bracelet #2

Perfect understated elegance!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bracelet #1

58337680326__B8AE7004-1A73-42BC-A801-701CB31C0A83.JPG

Bracelet #2
IMG_5833.jpg

3D845E77-0A97-4C9A-A2AE-9711DFFE74C1.jpeg

The rose gold looks rich and welcoming on your skin. And it’s so low-maintenance, I completely understand why you favour it. You wear it beautifully ::)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I tried the vintage size in MOP and decided it wasn’t for me, but you have me seriously thinking about the sweet six motif!

:wavey: Oh I'm glad that it's now a thought for you.. the smaller size and sturdier make up really makes it a great VCA alternative to the classic Alhambra. :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rose gold looks rich and welcoming on your skin. And it’s so low-maintenance, I completely understand why you favour it. You wear it beautifully ::)

:love: Thanks so much yssie.. you're so sweet! The low maintenance is such a pleasure since most of my stuff is high maintenance.. or at least I make it that way.
The rose gold is a very soft hue that I think compliments most skin tones. I had bought it because I wanted a rose gold bracelet to go with a rose gold watch on my other wrist. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Plain gold hoops. Ultimately boring, but now I have a few pair in different shape and sizes. They are well used!

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Plain gold hoops. Ultimately boring, but now I have a few pair in different shape and sizes. They are well used!

cheers--Sharon

:love: Never boring.. always classic.
Any pix?:wavey:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

cheers--Sharon
This is a good one! I love my plain gold hoops.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a good one! I love my plain gold hoops.

Thank you! As an aside, I wore my Lapis egg to work the other day (matched my uniform LOL) and despite it almost being hidden, my colleague zoomed in on it....it was admired. I hope you get as much pleasure out of your Orb as I do mine......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results