shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry - using brick as a "gemstone"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stonecutter2

Rough_Rock
Hello folks! I just recently got engaged at Ewing Manor in Bloomington, IL. It''s this old European style house and a nearby similar architecture theater. The Manor has a courtyard, and right nearby is where I proposed. I managed to snag a piece of brick from the courtyard! My fiancee does not know this. I was actually thinking of making myself a ring using some of the brick as a "gemstone" - do you think a custom jeweler could do this? I was thinking of a ring with the brick as an inlay, and maybe a small diamond.

I was also considering making something matching for my fiancee - but what? A pendant? A right-hand ring? What do you think?

I know my fiancee likes silver (not so much yellow gold), so I''m going to choose either silver or white gold for the jewelry metal.

Thanks for any input you can provide!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Interesting concept! Unfortunately, brick is not particularly durable - it tends to chip and flake - so I would stick with some kind of pendant instead of a ring. Maybe his and hers?

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
maybe have it suspended in clear epoxy and make a pendent out of it?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 9:11:02 PM
Author: giraffecushion
maybe have it suspended in clear epoxy and make a pendent out of it?
thats what I was thinking. like have you seen those strawberry quartz? has speckles in them. it would be a cool idea.

like cinnamon013 strawberry quartz. hope she doesn't mind me sharing her pics.

MVC-074S.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results