shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry that’s haunted, cursed or bad vibes.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to believe this.
But there is so much in this world that we know about and don't understand.

True, lots of stuff we do not know.
That is why when asked, "What about X?" the only correct answer is, "I don't know, nobody does".

Making up so-called "answers" is arrogant, dishonest, and absurd - especially feeding such lies to your kids.
Doing so is teaching your kids to turn their brains off and accept stuff there is no proof for - a slippery slope.

Just tell Sussie and Jonnie, "I don't know."

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband can't stand horror movies - he finds them all ridiculous.
Once - early in our marriage - I made the mistake of thinking I'd enjoy one more without him. He was travelling for work, so I thought I'd watch one that I'd had on my list for years (The Ring). Closed the curtains, turned off the lights, lit a couple of candles, and... Slept in the living room with all lights on and the TV very very very off for the rest of the week until he got home :shock:

I can relate to that :mrgreen2:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Please feel free to pass to me any jewelry pieces that you feel have negative energy as I do not detect it and can wear it without concern. ;)2

I am genuinely curious though, for those of you who believe these objects may have negative energy, bad luck, curses or similar attributes... I understand why you would not want to keep it. But how do you just sell them and pass that negativity on to the next person? Do you disclose it or just pass the curse on?

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We visited Egypt two years ago and saw all the tombs in the valley of the kings, it was thrilling and exciting but eerie at the same time, I had this need to have a good scrub in the shower when we returned back to the hotel, not sure if I was just being superstitious but I get what you’re all saying here! Here is a pic in the tomb of Ramses IV and a ma E1BA1FB1-4FCA-4529-979F-058829F68FFA.jpeg D31EE806-BA75-442C-8B8C-B7F4D216D4FA.jpeg

Attachments

• F3954451-D951-49E9-A242-A8B135ADBE5A.jpeg
    F3954451-D951-49E9-A242-A8B135ADBE5A.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 16

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I find the whole Egyptian tomb thing a bit disrespectful of the dead
i guess nowdays its good for the pre-covid economy (and post covid) of Egypt - the treasures that stayed or were returned to Egypt
But if it were up to me id put it all back in ths ground (pyramid)

I would not like anyone digging up Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, or any other menbers of our present Queen's family

From a purely selfish perspective its nice these days families usually inherit the pretty things but the ancients beleaved they needed their possessions for the afterlife

I never felt uneasy in our mummies presence, just sadness at the disrespect shown to her in death

I'm sure now days the museum curators are respectful of her but she is so far far away from her family and her homeland and she's all alone

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of digging up the dead as I believe the dead should be respected and not be made into spectacles.

DK :))

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never bought second hand jewellery of value & so things having bad juju is something that has never crossed my mind. However, I do have inherited pieces that give me great comfort to wear in times of stress. As soon as I put them on I feel connected to my grandmother or Great Aunt, and I can feel my body relax & take a deep breath in.

So... if I can associate an inherited piece with comfort & love, there would be no reason why i couldn't feel negative vibes from something that had been through or witnessd trauma?

It hasn't happened as I haven't owned any so far, but i guess if I can feel comfrot from something then I couldn't dismiss the reverse situation as not being a possibility?

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
One of the things I love about the human brain is that it can hold two opposing ideas at the same time. I don't believe in juju but I have had experiences I can't explain. My yoga teacher is incredibly knowledgeable of the juju and non juju alike. She mentioned one day about jewellery and how it can be cleansed by running under water and letting it dry in the wind. So I have been known to scrub (like really scrub)(I can't stand the thought of other people's dirt) jewellery in soapy water then hang it in a little organza bag on the washing line. Call it a 'mind clean' sorta thing :).

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a science girl and I question everything. With that being said, if something gives me a bad feeling I avoid it. I usually think it has something to do with a long forgotten memory that is still harbored in my subconscious mind, but whatever- I avoid it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m more in this camp. A piece of platinum is—a piece of platinum.
But if it makes you feel uncomfortable, get rid of it.

As far as premonitions, I think that people unconsciously pick up on non-verbal cues (facial expressions, body language, etc) and process these cues sub-consciously. Women, overall, may do this more. That s a gross generalization though.
When I get a bad feeling about someone I can normally pin it down to some verbal and non-verbal behavior if I think about it.

My premonitions (and my father's) have absolutely nothing to do with people. What we experience is a foreboding of future events. For example, the first time I experienced a premonition I was in the shower in my dorm, getting ready for an evening with friends. The sudden feeling of heaviness, doom, and overwhelming negativity was so out of character for me, it had nothing to do with picking up on anyone else's energy at all--I was entirely alone at the time it happened. Later that night, my friend and I were in a very bad car accident.

This was completely and utterly different from the awful feeling I got from a teacher when I was in high school. He gave me "the creeps" in the worst way, and one day during the summer between senior year and college I ran into him on the steps of the public library. I felt instant bad vibes and all that adrenaline (yup, science!) rushing through me caused me to pass out right then and there when he stopped me to talk.

My point is that premonitions are not the same as picking up on a bad feeling from another person. Just wanted to clarify because I don't think many understand it if they don't experience it. I don't often talk about it because people either assume you're full of shit or they dismiss it as something made up in your head. It isn't. I wish it didn't happen to me, because as I said in my other post in this thread, it's scary and freaky and I don't like it at all.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’m not a believer in bad luck or curses, but I respect other poeple’s beliefs.

When it comes to cursed jewellery, I invite you to consider that the items might instead have been abused. This is logically consistent, at least (if you believe one, you should easily be able to believe the other). And like abused or neglected people, there may be scars hidden, damage sustained. Yet this does not invalidate the object’s beauty.

A puppy or kitten, abandoned by the road side, is not cursed. Abused, perhaps, and neglected certainly. Not not cursed.

Similarly, if a diamond, say, were scorned by its past owner, why not consider it in need of a kind and loving home, and accept its damage for what it was, and move forward. Reframe the meaning of the object’s history by putting it in context of other objects of its era (was there a war on? Cholera? What other stuff was happening?)
and then forgiving it. Give it a new story, one of love and safety.

“Henceforth, I shall absolve all my jewellery for whatever was going on before it got to me,“ or something.

Maybe there is a little bit of anthropomorphising in all of us, perhaps, or else why do we hold on to grandmother’s old things. Somehow we consider it a link. But we can retell her story in such a way that the hope and happiness remains for next generations, regardless of what the objects really meant To grandmother.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
why do we hold on to grandmother’s old things

And why do some people let it go?
I have a friend who had a tense relationship with his mother. She was not a nice lady.
After she died, he found that she had an enormous amount of jewelry, both costume and fine, going back to about 1900, including some 1920's costume jewelry.
I helped him sort through it, and managed to claim a few pieces for myself.

Later, I found out that he sold the lot of it to a local antiques dealer for $200. I was so sad, because it was worth so much more.
But he just wanted all her stuff gone.

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PreRaphaelite I like your point about anthropomorphising. It makes sense that we attach emotion and sometimes energy to things because that's the way we've been conditioned to buy jewelry--that each piece has a history or meaning or some kind of romance associated with it. Birthstones? Two months' salary? Mother's rings, engagement rings, eternity bands, past/present/future...all the marketing has given us a reason to covet and buy jewelry, so it stands to reason that we would also attach similar thinking to objects when there might be negative stories about them.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
@Musia do you have a picture of the ring? Perhaps a skilled jeweler can recreate it for you?

It won't have the history and memories as the one lost, but you can make new memories with it.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My premonitions (and my father's) have absolutely nothing to do with people. What we experience is a foreboding of future events. For example, the first time I experienced a premonition I was in the shower in my dorm, getting ready for an evening with friends. The sudden feeling of heaviness, doom, and overwhelming negativity was so out of character for me, it had nothing to do with picking up on anyone else's energy at all--I was entirely alone at the time it happened. Later that night, my friend and I were in a very bad car accident.

This was completely and utterly different from the awful feeling I got from a teacher when I was in high school. He gave me "the creeps" in the worst way, and one day during the summer between senior year and college I ran into him on the steps of the public library. I felt instant bad vibes and all that adrenaline (yup, science!) rushing through me caused me to pass out right then and there when he stopped me to talk.

My point is that premonitions are not the same as picking up on a bad feeling from another person. Just wanted to clarify because I don't think many understand it if they don't experience it. I don't often talk about it because people either assume you're full of shit or they dismiss it as something made up in your head. It isn't. I wish it didn't happen to me, because as I said in my other post in this thread, it's scary and freaky and I don't like it at all.

I find this fascinating! Must be a burden at times & very upsetting or confusing, but definitely reminds me of why my mother always tells us to "go with your gut feeling".

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't believe in bad vibes in jewelry.

My good friend does and asked me to wear her ER for a few days to rid it of the bad karma from her marriage (to a narcissist).
I did and am happy that she can enjoy her ring again.

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
I’m more in this camp. A piece of platinum is—a piece of platinum.
But if it makes you feel uncomfortable, get rid of it.

As far as premonitions, I think that people unconsciously pick up on non-verbal cues (facial expressions, body language, etc) and process these cues sub-consciously. Women, overall, may do this more. That s a gross generalization though.
When I get a bad feeling about someone I can normally pin it down to some verbal and non-verbal behavior if I think about it.

Women have good instincts yes - we use everything you mentioned (facial queues etc) to keep us safe - so super important. But promotions are different.
I will be in the middle of a conversation with someone completely focused on what we are doing in the moment and for no reason I will get up and go over and open the blinds to look out the window at someone walking down the street. All of a sudden somehow I know that person is about to steal or just stole something out of our garage or car.
It’s happen twice where I saw them but they got away and twice where we caught them in the act.
There is no reason I should have known to look, or that there was anything wrong at all at the time. My partner doesn’t question it anymore. If I say something is wrong he stops whatever he is doing, listens to me and acts.
most of the time I think I’m being weird and crazy until it turns out I was right.
I also know when my pets are going to die and have woken up in the night when daily members have passed away suddenly.
I don’t do anything to try and *hone* into it - in fact most of the time it makes me feel VERY uneasy and I get high anxiety from it so I actually stay away from other people so I don’t keep picking up on their energies as it’s exhausting.
Now that so much of my family have passed over I know when my parents are trying to tell me something. Or I can ask them something and just wait if I don’t get the answer straight away it will come or it was probably the answer i didn’t want to hear.

Completely wowed by the idea/fact the stones could be on their tenth life and we most likely wouldn’t know.
I think if they are given a new life in a new setting it would help to offset any bad energy that have. It would have to be a huge stone with a big curse to have a lasting effect - but that idea is even more fascinating to me! - I’m sure it’s out there somewhere locked away.
We have a painting called *Uncle* that my family has always said was haunted (but in a good way - like protection). Whenever we woke up in the night as kids scared because we saw something in our room - my Mum would always say *Oh Thats just Uncle - don’t worry about him - he’s looking after you*.
Needless to say it didn’t help. Used to freak us out even more.
Funny side note my sister offered me Uncle the other day and my husband jumped at the chance to have him back.

It’s a portrait of an Arab where his eyes follow you where you go in the room.

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock

Fully agree with this.
I don’t talk about it and most of the time wish it never happened. You describe it well.
it can work the other way as well.
sometimes I know something good is going to happen too.

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
I kind of believe in it
my diamond earrings were held on for a month to ensure no bad luck before they were made
I bought a diamond necklace and soon after one of my family members was diagnosed with an incurable illness ...
I don’t wear it at all now and it’s in locker .. expensive and can’t get rid of it
I want to buy preloved but I am scared! This is only for diamond
jewellery.
as a result jewellers who know u typically allow it to be kept home to make sure no bad luck.. but if you buy from a retailer no such luck

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m not a believer in bad luck or curses, but I respect other poeple’s beliefs.

When it comes to cursed jewellery, I invite you to consider that the items might instead have been abused. This is logically consistent, at least (if you believe one, you should easily be able to believe the other). And like abused or neglected people, there may be scars hidden, damage sustained. Yet this does not invalidate the object’s beauty.

A puppy or kitten, abandoned by the road side, is not cursed. Abused, perhaps, and neglected certainly. Not not cursed.

Similarly, if a diamond, say, were scorned by its past owner, why not consider it in need of a kind and loving home, and accept its damage for what it was, and move forward. Reframe the meaning of the object’s history by putting it in context of other objects of its era (was there a war on? Cholera? What other stuff was happening?)
and then forgiving it. Give it a new story, one of love and safety.

“Henceforth, I shall absolve all my jewellery for whatever was going on before it got to me,“ or something.

Maybe there is a little bit of anthropomorphising in all of us, perhaps, or else why do we hold on to grandmother’s old things. Somehow we consider it a link. But we can retell her story in such a way that the hope and happiness remains for next generations, regardless of what the objects really meant To grandmother.

Oh i love your post =)2

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never had an bad vibes from jewellery or objects and I am fairly objective/critical as such but I have personally experienced bad vibes from houses/places. I've visited a Nazi concentration camp and I defy anyone to not feel that place is haunted.... ;(

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When i was on my army basic we heard lots of ghost stories
The only thing i felt was genuine exhaustion :mrgreen2:

everdently the other female barracks were haunted

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Women have good instincts yes - we use everything you mentioned (facial queues etc) to keep us safe - so super important. But promotions are different.
I will be in the middle of a conversation with someone completely focused on what we are doing in the moment and for no reason I will get up and go over and open the blinds to look out the window at someone walking down the street. All of a sudden somehow I know that person is about to steal or just stole something out of our garage or car.
It’s happen twice where I saw them but they got away and twice where we caught them in the act.
There is no reason I should have known to look, or that there was anything wrong at all at the time. My partner doesn’t question it anymore. If I say something is wrong he stops whatever he is doing, listens to me and acts.
most of the time I think I’m being weird and crazy until it turns out I was right.
I also know when my pets are going to die and have woken up in the night when daily members have passed away suddenly.
I don’t do anything to try and *hone* into it - in fact most of the time it makes me feel VERY uneasy and I get high anxiety from it so I actually stay away from other people so I don’t keep picking up on their energies as it’s exhausting.
Now that so much of my family have passed over I know when my parents are trying to tell me something. Or I can ask them something and just wait if I don’t get the answer straight away it will come or it was probably the answer i didn’t want to hear.

Completely wowed by the idea/fact the stones could be on their tenth life and we most likely wouldn’t know.
I think if they are given a new life in a new setting it would help to offset any bad energy that have. It would have to be a huge stone with a big curse to have a lasting effect - but that idea is even more fascinating to me! - I’m sure it’s out there somewhere locked away.
We have a painting called *Uncle* that my family has always said was haunted (but in a good way - like protection). Whenever we woke up in the night as kids scared because we saw something in our room - my Mum would always say *Oh Thats just Uncle - don’t worry about him - he’s looking after you*.
Needless to say it didn’t help. Used to freak us out even more.
Funny side note my sister offered me Uncle the other day and my husband jumped at the chance to have him back.

It’s a portrait of an Arab where his eyes follow you where you go in the room.

If you get uncle, I would love an update if you sense it like you did as a kid. Thanks for sharing!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
When i was on my army basic we heard lots of ghost stories
The only thing i felt was genuine exhaustion :mrgreen2:

everdently the other female barracks were haunted

I feel like either people have it or they don’t with sensing ghost or “hauntings”
my boss lives on an old farm and her husband who’s a real mans man Experiences stuff all the time such as seeing apparitions, they talk to him And smelling food being cooked in the barn. She who you would assume would be the one to experience it has seen nothing and experience nothing. It always fascinates me how to people can live in the same house and have two different experiences

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@Musia do you have a picture of the ring? Perhaps a skilled jeweler can recreate it for you?

It won't have the history and memories as the one lost, but you can make new memories with it.

Unfortunately, we didn't have a habit of photographing the jewelry. I used to borrow my friend's camera and photograph my children, not objects. Several months before we moved to the US I was able to afford my own camera, but I never got an idea of making pictures of the things I loved. It cost money and we were poor and most of the time hungry...But thanks to you I now have an idea of working with an artist who can make a sketch of the ring for me. Like drawing a photorobot of a criminal. If there is any picture of the ring, it shows my mother wearing it so it is absolutely impossible to see details.

slperan

Rough_Rock
I saw on Instagram a few stories about antique or used jewelry having bad energy or bringing bad luck and I’ve heard of people saying their engagement ring from their terrible marriage has bad luck Energy. I was wanting to see if anyone on here has some stories... I have one I saw a Victorian bangle bracelet with enamel that would fit my wrist because my wrist is small, it’s in great condition it was an auction on Instagram and I had to have it. When I got it there was a heavy energy too it and that night I had a horrible nightmare about a young girl and the nightmare kept happening till I cleansed it. It could be A coincidence but I’ve never had that happen to me before. There’s still a heaviness to it, would love to hear from others!

How did you cleanse your jewelry? I have my grandmothers Diamond and I’ve noticed when i have it in my house (it’s been in a lockbox before) I have these night tremors where I physically ‘whine’ to have my boyfriend wake me up from these nightmares. The nightmares are usually about a stranger in my house, or ghost activity. I wasn’t sure what was causing them, but now I’m worried it’s my grandmothers Diamond. Anyone else have any experience with this and if so, is there a solution?

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
When my aunt was younger she got a gift from a family friend. A gold pendant. She started wearing it and didn’t take it off before going to bed. That night she went to sleep and woke up underneath the bed. When she woke up she started screaming because she couldn’t move and couldn’t get out. There was no physical way she could have gotten underneath without someone lifting the frame and her sliding in. The same thing kept happening night after night. It didn’t occur to her that it was the pendant. I’m not sure of the exact details but they eventually figured out it was the pendant and that the lady that gave it to her was into satanic rituals and they had absolutely no idea.
Not sure if this is true but it sure did freak me out as a child.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
How did you cleanse your jewelry? I have my grandmothers Diamond and I’ve noticed when i have it in my house (it’s been in a lockbox before) I have these night tremors where I physically ‘whine’ to have my boyfriend wake me up from these nightmares. The nightmares are usually about a stranger in my house, or ghost activity. I wasn’t sure what was causing them, but now I’m worried it’s my grandmothers Diamond. Anyone else have any experience with this and if so, is there a solution?

Smudge. Below is what I was told when I went to a local store. There are various methods from what I’ve read online and would suggest you pop by a local store to ask if you have one nearby. Have also read methods involving rock salt, sun, etc.

ADCF7AEF-ED0E-4AA3-8458-B05DD664CE8C.jpeg

Ok I went to a store that sells crystal and asked about cleansing and finally got something. I asked for white sage actually but the lady said white sage can be dangerous and attract even more powerful bad juju so she recommended palo santo wood. And I got in essential oil form so just drop a few drops of the essential oil in spray bottle filled with water and then spray away and done.

So palo santo comes in wooden sticks and incense form as well but thought fire/smoke is not a great idea around young kids so I went with essential oil instead.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Im so sorry to hear this
I hope you get some relief because im sure your grandma loved you and would only wish you well

I have tons of unpleasant dreams in this house and im surrounded by mum and grandma's stuff
but i know they would wish me well (and Dad and Grandad etc) and its because i over heat when i oversleep because the sun pours into my bedroom through thin curtains from the crack of dawn or i have too many covers on the bed

Its kind of been the year for nightmares so it might be 101 other things and not the diamond, but do what ever you can to give you piece

Boyfriends certainly have their uses

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results