shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry that’s haunted, cursed or bad vibes.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I saw on Instagram a few stories about antique or used jewelry having bad energy or bringing bad luck and I’ve heard of people saying their engagement ring from their terrible marriage has bad luck Energy. I was wanting to see if anyone on here has some stories... I have one I saw a Victorian bangle bracelet with enamel that would fit my wrist because my wrist is small, it’s in great condition it was an auction on Instagram and I had to have it. When I got it there was a heavy energy too it and that night I had a horrible nightmare about a young girl and the nightmare kept happening till I cleansed it. It could be A coincidence but I’ve never had that happen to me before. There’s still a heaviness to it, would love to hear from others!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
If it counts, if I have a final falling out with someone, I tend to get rid of things they gave to me (jewelry or anything else). At that point, those items just serve as reminders of unpleasantness to me.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, some people can sense bad vibes more than others.

I can recall two incidents of my own.

One was in the Eygptian mummy room at the British Museum in London when I went there many years ago when I first came to UK. There was this sense of unease that made me feel uncomfortable.

That experience scared me, and I don't like to buy anything secondhand, or own anything that I do not know its provenance - the ones belonging to my parents are fine as they have been in a happy house etc...

Another occasion was when I was house hunting about 15y ago. I walked into a house, and immediately sense some sad vibes. It turned out the couple was divorcing each other and had to sell their marital home.

Probably completely irrational, however I am sticking with what I know best, and do not wish to tempt fate by bringing bad vibes into my life by getting anything secondhand items.

According to my mum who is really into all these mumble jumble, washing crystals under running water cleans and re-energises them. Perhaps that would help with your bracelet.

Hope the bad vibes will subside soon for you to enjoy wearing it.

DK :))

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
IMHO, some people can sense bad vibes more than others.

I can recall two incidents of my own.

One was in the Eygptian mummy room at the British Museum in London when I went there many years ago when I first came to UK. There was this sense of unease that made me feel uncomfortable.

That experience scared me, and I don't like to buy anything secondhand, or own anything that I do not know its provenance - the ones belonging to my parents are fine as they have been in a happy house etc...

Another occasion was when I was house hunting about 15y ago. I walked into a house, and immediately sense some sad vibes. It turned out the couple was divorcing each other and had to sell their marital home.

Probably completely irrational, however I am sticking with what I know best, and do not wish to tempt fate by bringing bad vibes into my life by getting anything secondhand items.

According to my mum who is really into all these mumble jumble, washing crystals under running water cleans and re-energises them. Perhaps that would help with your bracelet.

Hope the bad vibes will subside soon for you to enjoy wearing it.

DK :))

I get the same vibes from certain houses and museums too. I can see why you would steer clear secondhand jewelry. All my secondhand jewelry I bought in person and they had good energy to me this was the first time I decided to buy online without seeing it in person.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
If it counts, if I have a final falling out with someone, I tend to get rid of things they gave to me (jewelry or anything else). At that point, those items just serve as reminders of unpleasantness to me.

I did the same thing, they were new when I got them but reminded me too much of the person and place. i literally gave it away just to get it away from me.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t believe in bad luck or good associated with inanimate objects. However, I did have a pink rabbit’s foot keychain as a young girl. I wonder if it brought me luck? :think:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I view it a bit differently. I do believe objects can hold energy but that the current owner can make it A OK by sharing her/his good energy. If something has negative energy I am able to share my good energy and that cleanses it. My energy outweighs any negative energy it came with if that makes sense. And anything you purchase can take on your good vibes and can become a thing of joy and happiness.

ETA: However, if you have a piece that brings you unhappiness I would wholeheartedly not hesitate to get rid of it and buy something that brings you joy and peace. Not worth holding onto anything that has negative energy aka brings you sad memories or unhappiness.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm open to all ideas, but I've never felt that way about jewelry. Places and houses yes, absolutely. My oldest daughter has some kind of vibes about her, and she's very sensitive to "things", but again, not to objects. She went on a ghost walk once and near the end she walked past this guy taking readings of things with instruments. He told her it was the only time that night that everything lit up and did she know about that sort of thing. She said yes. There are weird unexplainable things. Cleanse and go on is what I'd do.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never felt any vibes associated with jewelry, good or bad.

However, I too had a weird museum experience, like @dk168.
In 2010, DH and I went to Denver to see an important King Tutankhamun exhibit.
While I was peering into a case containing an ushabti, it started to vibrate and sway. I looked away, rubbed my eyes, laughed a little and looked at it again. It continued to move, as if to mock me!
I talked to her, and I said "Oh stop it, you are not really moving." But she didn't stop. It was really weird. This went on for several minutes.
Was I tired and hungry and overwhelmed by all the awesome Egyptian pieces? Probably. But that ushabti and I had a moment.

Incredibly, I was able to find a photo of her online.
1596919588018.png

Last edited:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have never felt any vibes associated with jewelry, good or bad.

However, I too had a weird museum experience, like @dk168.
In 2010, DH and I went to Denver to see an important King Tutankhamun exhibit.
While I was peering into a case containing an ushabti, it started to vibrate and sway. I looked away, rubbed my eyes, laughed a little and looked at it again. It continued to move, as if to mock me!
I talked to her, and I said "Oh stop it, you are not really moving." But she didn't stop. It was really weird. This went on for several minutes.
Was I tired and hungry and overwhelmed by all the awesome Egyptian pieces? Probably. But that ushabti and I had a moment.

Incredibly, I was able to find a photo of her online.
1596919588018.png

That exhibit was amazing!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never once gotten a vibe from an object. I have, however, experienced premonitions, which consist of feeling overwhelmed by a sense of impending doom/feeling that something bad is going to happen. And they have always come to fruition. It's freaky and I don't like it. My father has them, too.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That exhibit was amazing!

Yes, it was! When I was a kid in 1976, I desperately wanted to see the King Tutankhamun exhibit in Washington DC.
Of course, I couldn't talk Dad into taking me.
As an adult, I wasn't going to miss this one. It really was overwhelming.
Maybe that's why I was hallucinating?
Or was I.......o_O

Last edited:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, it was! When I was a kid in 1978, I desperately wanted to see the King Tutankhamun exhibit in Washington DC.
Of course, I couldn't talk Dad into taking me.
As an adult, I wasn't going to miss this one. It really was overwhelming.
Maybe that's why I was hallucinating?
Or was I.......o_O

It was overwhelming! Exactly. So much to see. So many people. I’m proud of Denver - we have great exhibits.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im one of those people that feel pretty much nothing that i can't see with my eyes

We have an Egyptian mummy in the Otago museum
I just always felt sad for her, she had been taken away from her home and her dignified final resting place to be gwaked at by people very much below her social standing, very undignified for a princess

Our house had a really rough time as a rental for most of its existence
But we have given it peace and quiet and hopefully some happiness, a few laughs and some love
I do have a few crystals up but they were mostly gifts and i like the rainbows

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
Interesting topic as I was just looking into buying some antique wedding bands. They seem very romantic and I liked the idea of giving them a new life.... but have reservations due to the energy that may come with them.
I don’t believe a divorce would effect the rings because they were born out of love regardless - but I do feel a murder/suicide or something of that nature would stay with them.
I get premonitions- rarely good ones - that turn out to be true.
I often know something has happened just after it’s happened due to instinct and have caught people stealing from us twice now just because I got a feeling. While I would like to believe jewellery doesn’t hold a persons energy - I know it does. Which would explain why I can’t seem to part with anything that came from my dearly departed parents.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Superstitions are made up, not real.

I’m more in this camp. A piece of platinum is—a piece of platinum.
But if it makes you feel uncomfortable, get rid of it.

As far as premonitions, I think that people unconsciously pick up on non-verbal cues (facial expressions, body language, etc) and process these cues sub-consciously. Women, overall, may do this more. That s a gross generalization though.
When I get a bad feeling about someone I can normally pin it down to some verbal and non-verbal behavior if I think about it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds are expensive.
After a death or divorce they are not thrown away.
Many get sold.

The new owner doesn't thrown them away either.
They make their way back into the supply chain, polished up if needed, and get new grading reports.

It's entirely possible that your engagement diamond, purchased at a reputable vendor, was once worn by the most horrible criminal ever to live.
... just like the dollars in your wallet.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m more in this camp. A piece of platinum is—a piece of platinum.
But if it makes you feel uncomfortable, get rid of it.

Instead of feeding the monster that turns brains off, I'd just encourage maintaining one's ability to think critically - Believe only things for which there is sufficient evidence.

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
antique or used jewelry having bad energy or bringing bad luck

I've gotten this sensation when I've had a negative experience with the seller -- it really affects my attitude toward the purchase and the piece. I like feeling jazzed about a nonessential purchase -- which is the subject of this whole forum. Like I've done my homework and have confidence in the purchase and I have good rapport with the vendor. But if the interaction sours, I know I'll never look at the thing in the same way, no matter how good a value it is.

This is for gems and jewelry; it does not hold for cars and houses ;)2

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I am left-brained. I don’t believe that physical objects contain bad juju. Just me.
However, I did get rid of things after a bad divorce. Not because I thought they had bad karma, just because they had bad memories for me personally.
Im fine with buying jewelry from someone else’s failed relationship. Doesn’t bother me at all. It’s metal and gemstones.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I am left-brained. I don’t believe that physical objects contain bad juju. Just me.

You're just reasonable, unlike many.

People vary, many are unreasonable and fall for stuff without evidence.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I don't believe inanimate objects can hold bad energy.

As far as diamonds and gemstones, they are millions of years old. They were around long before humans turned them objects of desire, and they will be around long after our civilizations turn to ashes. I don't think the brief moments they are in our possession really have any affects on them.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
My maternal grandfather's older brother was killed near Stalingrad during WWII. He was an officer and somehow his mother, my great grandmother, got a small box with his personal belongings. He was married, had no children, but the box was brought to his mother, not his wife. My great grandmother had several families of close relatives living with her during the war. Women examined the contents of the box and found a beautiful gold ring. Great grandmother didn't like her DIL (Polish Ukrainian woman with a bad temperament) so they decided to keep the ring instead of sending it to the widow. My grandmother "inherited" the ring from the beginning, she was obviously a beloved DIL. It was the only piece of jewelry she ever had. I remember one summer day when my mom and grandma went to some sort of small town "jeweler" because grandma's finger was swollen and she wasn't able to take the ring off. I was scared since her finger was big, bluish black and everyone was afraid she would lose it. So the "jeweler" cut the ring. Then he repaired it. The repair work was badly done but no one cared. After my grandmother's passing my mom inherited the ring. It was my favorite. Profile of a beautiful woman's head with a small headband made of tiny diamonds. Definitely wasn't made in the USSR. Of course, I was dreaming of getting the ring one day. But my mom loved my cousin, her only niece 3 years younger than me a lot and I suspected that she would give the ring to her. 5 or 6 years ago I spoke to my mom on the phone and she told me that she invited a woman she barely knew to her apartment (Kyiv, Ukraine) and the woman stole some money and the ring. My mom had a good soviet era jewelry collection but it was hidden somewhere in her apartment, and the only piece she wore daily was the ring. So, maybe not a cursed piece but definitely was meant to disappear one day. Or maybe cursed since my grandma passed away at the young age of 63. She went to bed and never woke up. No illness, no reason to die. I am still looking for the ring on-line hoping someone would sell it. But I can't find anything even closely resembling that thing ;(:cry:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My maternal grandfather's older brother was killed near Stalingrad during WWII. He was an officer and somehow his mother, my great grandmother, got a small box with his personal belongings. He was married, had no children, but the box was brought to his mother, not his wife. My great grandmother had several families of close relatives living with her during the war. Women examined the contents of the box and found a beautiful gold ring. Great grandmother didn't like her DIL (Polish Ukrainian woman with a bad temperament) so they decided to keep the ring instead of sending it to the widow. My grandmother "inherited" the ring from the beginning, she was obviously a beloved DIL. It was the only piece of jewelry she ever had. I remember one summer day when my mom and grandma went to some sort of small town "jeweler" because grandma's finger was swollen and she wasn't able to take the ring off. I was scared since her finger was big, bluish black and everyone was afraid she would lose it. So the "jeweler" cut the ring. Then he repaired it. The repair work was badly done but no one cared. After my grandmother's passing my mom inherited the ring. It was my favorite. Profile of a beautiful woman's head with a small headband made of tiny diamonds. Definitely wasn't made in the USSR. Of course, I was dreaming of getting the ring one day. But my mom loved my cousin, her only niece 3 years younger than me a lot and I suspected that she would give the ring to her. 5 or 6 years ago I spoke to my mom on the phone and she told me that she invited a woman she barely knew to her apartment (Kyiv, Ukraine) and the woman stole some money and the ring. My mom had a good soviet era jewelry collection but it was hidden somewhere in her apartment, and the only piece she wore daily was the ring. So, maybe not a cursed piece but definitely was meant to disappear one day. Or maybe cursed since my grandma passed away at the young age of 63. She went to bed and never woke up. No illness, no reason to die. I am still looking for the ring on-line hoping someone would sell it. But I can't find anything even closely resembling that thing ;(:cry:

That's a very sad story

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Superstitions are made up, not real.

I want to believe this.
But there is so much in this world that we know about and don't understand. It doesn't seem unreasonable that there are things that we don't know about... But that some people are able to feel or sense whilst others can't, also for reasons unknown... Things that we can't explain and perhaps never will...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to believe this.
But there is so much in this world that we know about and don't understand. It doesn't seem unreasonable that there are things that we don't know about... But that some people are able to feel or sense whilst others can't, also for reasons unknown... Things that we can't explain and perhaps never will...

Im really happy being one of the people that feel nothing

I cannot watch a spooky movie once its dark outside

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im really happy being one of the people that feel nothing

I cannot watch a spooky movie once its dark outside

My husband can't stand horror movies - he finds them all ridiculous.
Once - early in our marriage - I made the mistake of thinking I'd enjoy one more without him. He was travelling for work, so I thought I'd watch one that I'd had on my list for years (The Ring). Closed the curtains, turned off the lights, lit a couple of candles, and... Slept in the living room with all lights on and the TV very very very off for the rest of the week until he got home :shock:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results