shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry store lighting...HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CushionShopper

Rough_Rock
I''m going to visit a diamond dealer who has a "booth" in a jeweler''s building. The entire area is illuminated with whatever lighting that jewelry stores use. My question is, what''s the best way to look at diamonds in that setting without buying something that looks totally different in regular lighting? Will shielding the diamonds from the light with a notepad do the trick? Thanks in advance.

Ted

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
You cold get one of those hiking/camping miner''s lamp things with a halogen lamp on it and look at it that way? Bring a flashlight?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2007 12:21:13 PM
Author:CushionShopper
I''m going to visit a diamond dealer who has a ''booth'' in a jeweler''s building. The entire area is illuminated with whatever lighting that jewelry stores use. My question is, what''s the best way to look at diamonds in that setting without buying something that looks totally different in regular lighting? Will shielding the diamonds from the light with a notepad do the trick? Thanks in advance.

Ted
Some will let you view the diamonds in daylight which is the best way, I would ask the vendor if he will agree to that - or if he will let you look at it elsewhere in the building, but with a cushion you will be able to see if everything else appeals to you with the faceting pattern etc, hopefully the jeweller will be accomodating.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results